What are the best football boots

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Re: What are the best football boots

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:05 pm

firstblood wrote:Boots have come a long way from when i first started playing footy back in the 60's...i had a pair similar to the pic below called Blue star. Made of real leather, a hard toe cap, layered hard leather sprigs that were nailed in so the umps always lined us up for a sprig test before the game. Try running around in those on a wet day. :D Mind you, they lasted for years. And no broken toes in those days. :D

If these were worn now the knee injuries would be phenominal. I'd rather have my ankle go than my knee........
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby Bold Strategy » Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:33 am

Not Scared wrote:Just got a pair of the Tigreors and they are pretty comfortable. Will still wair the old gels when the ground is hard though I reckon. Diasppointed about the choice of colours though. Only white or bright blue. No black.

What does everyone look for in size? I reckon they almost have to be a bit too small when you get them for them to end up as good boots.

yeah i got the tigerous on thursday find them very comfy and feel like running shoes that u use on track n field , also was dissapointed with the color choice, chose the white 1s cause they dont make as much as a statement

it better 2 get smaller shoes only if u have leather, synthetic dont stretch as much but i like 2 have bit of room 4 at end of the toes
Bold Strategy
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Hectorville

Postby Golo#46 » Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Gel Lethals. Got 'em beginning of last year and they are awesome.
I hate those boots with the plastic on the inside (Mouldeds?), had a pair for half a season, before I stopped using 'em, they gave me some serious blisters.

As for size, one size up from your normal shoes seems to do the trick from my observations.
Are you gonna eat that?
Golo#46
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Flinders University

Postby human blanket #3 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:11 am

bought $70 nike tiempos screw ins 2day and used them as the rain came down just as i bought them :lol: not bad at all and can def notice the grip. comfort wise, there is not that much difference compared to my $280 predators. preds are better but not worth forking out $200 more :lol:
can anyone tell me if you tighten the studs to much if it results in you able to feel the stud dig into your foot if you get what i mean. only had a problem with one stud.
human blanket #3
Under 18s

Postby mighty hounds » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:49 pm

i would recremend nomis, the guy who used to design nike's boots went solo and made them with alister lynch, man made leather uppers, not that snythetic crap, also made in australia, cost only 99$ very comfortable mite i add
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby carey18 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:25 pm

mighty hounds wrote:i would recremend nomis, the guy who used to design nike's boots went solo and made them with alister lynch, man made leather uppers, not that snythetic crap, also made in australia, cost only 99$ very comfortable mite i add

Mate i think you will find you have it wrong. it was simon who designed nomis which is simon spelt backwards. he worked with craig johnstone and designed adidas predators years ago. very good boots. i have there sparks.
carey18

Postby mighty hounds » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:29 pm

carey18 wrote:
mighty hounds wrote:i would recremend nomis, the guy who used to design nike's boots went solo and made them with alister lynch, man made leather uppers, not that snythetic crap, also made in australia, cost only 99$ very comfortable mite i add

Mate i think you will find you have it wrong. it was simon who designed nomis which is simon spelt backwards. he worked with craig johnstone and designed adidas predators years ago. very good boots. i have there sparks.

yeh i know his name was simon, he used to design nikes boots, i just didnt metion his name. i got told lychy helped desgined them, so i must of been wrongly informed
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby carey18 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:05 pm

Im sure you will find it was predators he designed. Lynchy first tryed the sparks and liked them and brought in. i may be wrong but
carey18

Postby Old School » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:16 am

Nomis were designed by bloke called simon. He was actually with adidas. Lynchy was part of the designing. I have actually worn them for last three years and have not had sore feet or blisters since. easily the best boot around. expensive but well worth it. i choose only wear the boots for a year. all boots begin to loose there shape a bit.

was interesting that about 18 months ago i was back in adelaide for week or so and there was no nomis in sight in the sport shops. The east coast sport shops stocked up to 8 or ten different styles of nomis

i think you will find that most of the brisbane boys run with them who dont have the boot contracts
Old School

Postby nuggety goodness » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:14 pm

i love my asics... wouldn't change!

i used to wear pumas and reeboks but due to my wide foot i did a knee injury, it took me a while to realise it was due to the sole not being wide enough, which rolled the ankle and in turn twisted the knee.... not good, since jumpin on the asics i don't even have to strap the knee anymore as they are so stable. i've had these for 2 and a half years and still ok, will easily se out this year!

only criticism is they fill with mud in the wet and i lose a bit of grip, would be a good day if you could get scrw in Asics... tell me where if you can!!!!
nuggety goodness
League - Top 5

Has liked: 329 times
Been liked: 219 times
Grassroots Team: Ovingham

Postby human blanket #3 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:49 pm

pretty sure they have screw in asics at bailetti sport n also powerhouse sport at the parade.
human blanket #3
Under 18s

Postby Kookacash » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:24 pm

Nike Air Legends have served me well!
GGFC #1
Kookacash
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Kookacash » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:35 pm

This year though i have found the Puma boots to be great.
GGFC #1
Kookacash
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Golden Grove

Postby Jimmy Recard » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:37 pm

BJ Ernest wrote:The Adidas Copa Mundial have always come with good wraps at my club.

I use the Adidas Predator, but have been thru that many boots none of them last more than a season, the Pumas i bought lasted me just half a season last year.

i suppose thats just cause and affect from getting 50 kicks week in week out BJ!! and im sure ur always the first one on the track and the last one to leave!! a true master of his art!!
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby piccachu » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:06 pm

had about 6 pairs of boots this year, preditors were probably the worst out of the lot, puma kings are the most comfortable for mine but break after about 4 games had a couple of pairs of nomis and i thought they were alright, diadoras are very under rated though been wearing them at the end of the seaon and absolute gems
Were has Marbles gone and who is Satchel
piccachu
League - Top 5

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby McGovern » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:49 am

The best footy boots were when Adidas signed Anthony Koutafides to wear their boots a few years ago. Those kangaroo leather boots were the best. A bit like blades.
Footy for free
McGovern
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby McGovern » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:19 am

Can anybody recommend a comfortable pair of boots that will last?! Boots these days tend to fall apart too easy. You'd think if ou spent $150+ you might get more than one season out of a pair.
Footy for free
McGovern
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: South Augusta

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sun Nov 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Umbros are great boots,value for money inho you will not find a better boot. Fits over your foot like gladwrap and I have a pair that I have had for years.......Dont be fooled thinking they are just a soccer boot,they are the best imo.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 748 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby SSS » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Anyone who has problems with hamstrings or achilles tendons should be wearing Asic Gels.

The raised heel takes a lot of pressure off of things and lessens injuries.

For those wanting screw-ins for the wet weather, Asic make a hybrid boot with the blades and the ability to screw-in short or long studs.
SSS

Grassroots Team: Morphett Vale

Postby DILLIGAF » Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:54 pm

i only buy asics boots , sneakers and cricket shoes they last have good shock absorbtion and are like wearing slippers very comfy
Does It Look Like I Give A F**k
SEE YA LATER!!!
DILLIGAF
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues