How good I was.

Adelaide Footy League, Southern, Country Footy, VFL, WAFL, NTFL, etc.

Postby Strawb » Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:02 pm

All 5'10 of me played one day in the ruck for wingfield royals back in late 2000. Our regular ruckmen had a bung ankle, it was in the ressies. I rucked all day and I got best on ground for the club which was $25 dollars and a fair few drinks from the people at the club they had a disco that night i dunno how i got back to where i was living but i got home.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby duncs7 » Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:56 pm

Strawb07 wrote:All 5'10 of me played one day in the ruck for wingfield royals back in late 2000. Our regular ruckmen had a bung ankle, it was in the ressies. I rucked all day and I got best on ground for the club which was $25 dollars and a fair few drinks from the people at the club they had a disco that night i dunno how i got back to where i was living but i got home.

Nice work strawb!
I rucked a whole game once and i got slaughtered for the first half trying to body the other guy. Im only 5"11, 80kg.
Changed my tactics and came in from a distance with pace and leap and end up in the best players.
Never been so battered and bruised after a game, made me respect ruckmen 50x more.
Now i usally take all of the boundry throw ins deep in defence.
Elizabeth Eagles Football Club. Est 1956
Argana Park, Elizabeth. SA
http://www.elizabethfc.net
duncs7
Under 18s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Wedgie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:02 pm

Only started playing footy when I was 25 and was thrown straight into the Ruck as I was the only bloke above 6 foot in the team.
A rude awakening!
Still have scars to this day, damn hard job but IMHO Ruckmen are overrated. Hard job but I used to get huge kudos if I competed in ruck and got 2 kicks for the entire days where blokes who got 15 kids would get no mention. Mind you, they didn't have the bruises I did! lol
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Punk Rooster » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:32 pm

Wedgie wrote:where blokes who got 15 kids would get no mention. Mind you, they didn't have the bruises I did! lol
15 Kids! These blokes deserve the Victoria Cross, not BOG! I guess the bruises you recieved, that they obviously didn't, was from the surgeons knife to the jatz crackers? :shock:
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Pag » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:38 pm

I've been very fortunate in that I've captained 2 Premierships when I know blokes twice my age who haven't ever played in a GF. Both of them were as gold as each other, there's no way you can say one was better than the other.

I was also privileged enough to captain the SAAFL Under 17's rep side last year, which for me was a huge honour considering that calibre of the guys I was playing with. Rates up there almost with the Premierships, especially winning against the Southern League after they'd beaten us the year before.
Last edited by Pag on Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby Dutchy » Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:56 pm

For Lockleys V kenilworth 1996 - B grade - kicked 7 goals in 1st game for 6 years coming back from knee reco..kicked 3 next week against SHOC and finished the season with 11 goals and at full back!!! halfway thru 97 did my other knee and relaised footy is a great game to watch!!! reminded every time my knee aches on a daily basis...
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2333 times
Been liked: 3565 times

Postby barbs » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:01 pm

Pag wrote:I've been very fortunate in that I've captained 2 Premierships when I know blokes twice my age who haven't ever played in a GF. Both of them were as gold as each other, there's no way you can say one was better than the other.

I was also privileged enough to captain of the SAAFL Under 17's rep side last year, which for me was a huge honour considering that calibre of the guys I was playing with. Rates up there almost with the Premierships, especially winning against the Southern League after they'd beaten us the year before.

What club do you play at young fella?
barbs
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Maddogmike » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:08 am

2002 Div 1 Premiership at Adelaide Oval. We beat Uni by I think 9 points! Good day. I think I kicked 1.3 or something rank.
You can If you believe you can
Maddogmike
Reserves

Postby Wedgie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:12 am

Punk Rooster wrote:
Wedgie wrote:where blokes who got 15 kids would get no mention. Mind you, they didn't have the bruises I did! lol
15 Kids! These blokes deserve the Victoria Cross, not BOG! I guess the bruises you recieved, that they obviously didn't, was from the surgeons knife to the jatz crackers? :shock:

Crikey, that's what happens when you post after a day in the sunning drinking beer for the entire afternoon at the Adelaide Bowling Club. :oops:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3918 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Magpiespower » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:37 am

Wedgie wrote: IMHO Ruckmen are overrated.

Having played mainly as a rover, nothing beats a ruckman who says stand in 'spot x' and then palms it down to you there every time.
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby RoostersRuleTheWorld ! » Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:18 am

:o About 15 years ago, Playing Forward Pocket for Athelstone, I Kicked 9-6 !
Team kicked 39-21 Against Para Hills 0-1 !
Lining up for my 10th Goal and Teams 40th, After Final Siren 15 meters in Front of Goal
and kicked it into the Man on the Mark ?
Two Weeks Later i Kicked 9-1 V West Lakes, at Least i Didnt have to Saw my Leg of After that Game !
Just Couldnt Get that Magical 10 !
18 Goals in 2 Games, and Ended up with only about 35 for the Year !
RoostersRuleTheWorld !
Under 16s

Postby Pag » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:08 am

barbs wrote:
Pag wrote:I've been very fortunate in that I've captained 2 Premierships when I know blokes twice my age who haven't ever played in a GF. Both of them were as gold as each other, there's no way you can say one was better than the other.

I was also privileged enough to captain of the SAAFL Under 17's rep side last year, which for me was a huge honour considering that calibre of the guys I was playing with. Rates up there almost with the Premierships, especially winning against the Southern League after they'd beaten us the year before.

What club do you play at young fella?

Salisbury
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Previous

Board index   Football  Other Footy Leagues