BLCA 2016-17

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: BLCA 2016-17

Postby norm11 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:19 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
norm11 wrote:I'm tipping tanunda pitch to be under water and no play Saturday.

Theyll probably be all underwater Norm.
Angaston should be Ok by Sunday, you can add long range weather forecaster to my list of talents ;)

Cause umpiring isn't one of them
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Has liked: 470 times
Been liked: 53 times

Postby bennymacca » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:26 pm

norm11 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Angaston should be Ok by Sunday, you can add long range weather forecaster to my list of talents ;)

Neither is facing slow medium left armers ;)
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:27 pm

norm11 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Wouldve been a wide if it didnt hit his pad, missing 2nd set of stumps. Never out when you bat and everythings out when you bowl
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

BLCA 2016-17

Postby bennymacca » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Last edited by bennymacca on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby norm11 » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:29 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
norm11 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Wouldve been a wide if it didnt hit his pad, missing 2nd set of stumps. Never out when you bat and everythings out when you bowl

Hahaha u are kidding ur self , no feet movement, hit him on the full on his toe
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby happyhawk » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:36 am

Some interesting results again in the A1s on the weekend. South continue on their merry way and win another close game, freelings big names starting to fire. Lyndoch pretty short on in the A1s on the weekend apparently. I see their A3s got rolled for 11!! :shock:
happyhawk
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 22 times
Grassroots Team: RSMU

Postby bennymacca » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:39 am

happyhawk wrote:Some interesting results again in the A1s on the weekend. South continue on their merry way and win another close game, freelings big names starting to fire. Lyndoch pretty short on in the A1s on the weekend apparently. I see their A3s got rolled for 11!! :shock:

Was a pretty young team in their 3s, wasn't too many familiar faces
bennymacca
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Angaston have won through to this years final of the Statewide T20 comp. I think we play Langhorne Creek at the Adelaide Oval on March 5th
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby norm11 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:08 am

daysofourlives wrote:Angaston have won through to this years final of the Statewide T20 comp. I think we play Langhorne Creek at the Adelaide Oval on March 5th

When is the grudge match between ango and sandy
Back to the creek it is.
norm11
League - Top 5

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:34 am

daysofourlives wrote:Angaston have won through to this years final of the Statewide T20 comp. I think we play Langhorne Creek at the Adelaide Oval on March 5th

Congratulations to Angaston and all the best. At least your local cricket development officer informed you that the comp was to be played on sunday! :evil: first notice we received was when an extremely hungover, and at that stage an extremely angry, bull read the sunday mail.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby maxi » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:13 am

The Angry Bull wrote:

Congratulations to Angaston and all the best. At least your local cricket development officer informed you that the comp was to be played on sunday! :evil: first notice we received was when an extremely hungover, and at that stage an extremely angry, bull read the sunday mail.[/ quote So youre club was meant to play in it but werent notified? If thats so thats disgraceful whos thedevelopment officer?
maxi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:51 am

maxi wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:

Congratulations to Angaston and all the best. At least your local cricket development officer informed you that the comp was to be played on sunday! :evil: first notice we received was when an extremely hungover, and at that stage an extremely angry, bull read the sunday mail.

So youre club was meant to play in it but werent notified? If thats so thats disgraceful whos thedevelopment officer?[/quote]

its alleged that the organizer had sent an email to the chairperson of upper north cricket, however that was never forwarded on. We had sent a number of requests to our local officer, who from what we can now tell, never forwarded our inquiry to the relevant person. Its an absolute shame. We were informed by SACA that this is not the first instance that this has occurred. i'm sure that if we hadn't paid our insurances or levies they'd find a way to make direct contact with our club.

I wont name him as I believe that he will be dragged over the hot coals as it is. no need to further slander.

Nonetheless, here's hoping the Ango boys can get the job done against the creeks. Should be a ripping game.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 am

norm11 wrote:

When is the grudge match between ango and sandy

Friday Feb 3rd
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:05 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:
maxi wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:

So youre club was meant to play in it but werent notified? If thats so thats disgraceful whos thedevelopment officer?

its alleged that the organizer had sent an email to the chairperson of upper north cricket, however that was never forwarded on. We had sent a number of requests to our local officer, who from what we can now tell, never forwarded our inquiry to the relevant person. Its an absolute shame. We were informed by SACA that this is not the first instance that this has occurred. i'm sure that if we hadn't paid our insurances or levies they'd find a way to make direct contact with our club.

I wont name him as I believe that he will be dragged over the hot coals as it is. no need to further slander.

Nonetheless, here's hoping the Ango boys can get the job done against the creeks. Should be a ripping game.[/quote]

Yeah seemed like it was a shambles.
I kept on looking on Mycricket and I reckon the matches popped up there about one week before the games. It had Quorn vs TBD as I believe Stansbury were disqualified as late as Thursday night which meant Moonta came in. Moonta ended up getting within one win of playing at Adelaide oval without winning a game. They lost their preliminary match to Stansbury by 100 runs and then got the "forfeit" from Quorn before playing us.
I did note the rules of the comp help you a bit Angry Bull with only 5 allowed on the leg side ;)
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby saintal » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:14 am

How has big "Ugg" Bramberger been bowling for Ango? Numbers look solid on mycricket. Copped my fair share of bruises from him during his time with Eden Valley, especially in his younger days.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 347 times
Been liked: 431 times

Postby The Angry Bull » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:30 am

Congratulations to Angaston and all the best. At least your local cricket development officer informed you that the comp was to be played on sunday! :evil: first notice we received was when an extremely hungover, and at that stage an extremely angry, bull read the sunday mail.[/quote]

So youre club was meant to play in it but werent notified? If thats so thats disgraceful whos thedevelopment officer?[/quote]

Nonetheless, here's hoping the Ango boys can get the job done against the creeks. Should be a ripping game.[/quote]

Yeah seemed like it was a shambles.
I kept on looking on Mycricket and I reckon the matches popped up there about one week before the games. It had Quorn vs TBD as I believe Stansbury were disqualified as late as Thursday night which meant Moonta came in. Moonta ended up getting within one win of playing at Adelaide oval without winning a game. They lost their preliminary match to Stansbury by 100 runs and then got the "forfeit" from Quorn before playing us.
I did note the rules of the comp help you a bit Angry Bull with only 5 allowed on the leg side ;)[/quote]

Prior to this week we had been keeping a very close eye on mycricket to see if any notice had gone up. either way, we thought our inquiries should have been acted on.

:lol: you're quite right DOOL, chock up that square leg-widwicket boundary. however in my old age, im starting to learn the true value of an all-round game ;)
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:22 pm

See Nat Brookes made 72 on debut for South Gawler in the reserves.

Wont be long until Mega Head is sledging the suitcases out of A Grade sides.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2537 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Extractor » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:56 pm

whufc wrote:See Nat Brookes made 72 on debut for South Gawler in the reserves.

Should fit right in then...
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Extractor wrote:
whufc wrote:See Nat Brookes made 72 on debut for South Gawler in the reserves.

Should fit right in then...

Lol him and Danny Kaye at first and second slip is always interesting lol
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5603 times
Been liked: 2537 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:08 pm

How's the King of the North going? #KOTN
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps