PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA 2016 - 2017

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Gosaints wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Bedge wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:PDCA ripped thru them for 58.A non contest in the end.
Hibbett 5/14

http://pdca.sa.cricket.com.au/common/pa ... ID=3712052

What a belting.

Does anyone know how the outback’s team is picked?

Before the game I mentioned S Massey who top scored isn’t even the best bat at his own club. Would be 3-5 better bats in our comp. No one from the Stanley comp was picked and I can think of at least 10 bats better then him.

We have the best bat in our comp Zac Fielding and we had no idea about this game.

these are just exhibition games so there is no selection criteria although it should be consistent with carnival playing conditions

the outbacks have a long history of selecting players that do not meet the carnival playing criteria. at least a third of recent carnival squad members would not meet the selection criteria going from a quick look at recent carnivals and names

true country cricketers should be very pissed off that this is occurring

I reckon a couple of our guys probably wouldn’t play mainly due to the timing. Being a week or two after harvest has finished sees most of them take off for a bit. We will struggle to get 11 this week for our comp match.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby whufc » Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:28 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:
whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:Agreed not sure the stats are regularly checked for selection on performance
How many district cricketers can they choose ?
A few country lads playing A grade district have never been approached and would offer more than some currently in the team

Yeah in my 3 years of playing in Stanley league I haven’t heard of any of them being approached. Having seen them all the like of McPharlin brothers, Dopson, Scheepers, Steddall have Massey who played covered very easily.

The difficult thing for the Stanley lads is that they've been swapped between zones a few times. Unfortunately its a bit late for this years country carnival as we have had our Northern zone picked prior to xmas given the need to make arrangements for accommodation, organization of own shirts etc this year. SACA is barely assisting.

From next year we are looking to incorporate the Stanley fellas into our zone and looking forward to their involvement. Zach Fielding, or Outback Sachin as we like to call him in the squad, has already sounded out some names from Stanley to keep an eye on, a few already mentioned within this thread.

I agree, Poss's selections do raise a lot of questions, however, I am acutely aware that a number of the better country cricketers simply dont make themselves available when asked.

Love to hear that

Plenty of talent in Stanley. I’ll tell Zac about the Sachin call tonight. His the best batsmen I’ve ever played with
whufc
Coach

Postby The Angry Bull » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:57 pm

whufc wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:
whufc wrote:
Arry Gablett wrote:Agreed not sure the stats are regularly checked for selection on performance
How many district cricketers can they choose ?
A few country lads playing A grade district have never been approached and would offer more than some currently in the team

Yeah in my 3 years of playing in Stanley league I haven’t heard of any of them being approached. Having seen them all the like of McPharlin brothers, Dopson, Scheepers, Steddall have Massey who played covered very easily.

The difficult thing for the Stanley lads is that they've been swapped between zones a few times. Unfortunately its a bit late for this years country carnival as we have had our Northern zone picked prior to xmas given the need to make arrangements for accommodation, organization of own shirts etc this year. SACA is barely assisting.

From next year we are looking to incorporate the Stanley fellas into our zone and looking forward to their involvement. Zach Fielding, or Outback Sachin as we like to call him in the squad, has already sounded out some names from Stanley to keep an eye on, a few already mentioned within this thread.

I agree, Poss's selections do raise a lot of questions, however, I am acutely aware that a number of the better country cricketers simply dont make themselves available when asked.

Love to hear that

Plenty of talent in Stanley. I’ll tell Zac about the Sachin call tonight. His the best batsmen I’ve ever played with

You think his batting is good, you should see him play golf! He is a bloody great bloke and a pleasure to have in the group
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 11 times
Grassroots Team: Central Augusta

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:29 am

Yeah ive heard all the rumours about his golf. Ive never seen a bloke hit a cricket ball so well so I can only imagine what he does to a golf ball. In our last home game he landed one on the Spalding grandstand roof. We are going to measure the distance at the next home game.

I live about 500m down the hill from him. His been begging us to put a golf flag in our horse arena for him to practise his par 3 game :D :D :D :D

I love the idea, not sure the misses agrees.
whufc
Coach

Postby Gosaints » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:58 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
no_remorse28 wrote:Lachlan Pointon is playing for West Torrens currently, I figured you would need to be playing in a country comp the represent the Outbacks, or am I mistaken?

I think they're allowed a few cricketers from country areas who are currently playing grade cricket.

One of the Pengelleys has played in the past, Sean Nottle

sa outbacks can have 2 players from the country playing premier cricket however they both must be 23 or under and still reside in the country

but hey lets not let the criteria stand in the way of playing mates.
Gosaints
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby The Angry Bull » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:09 am

whufc wrote:Yeah ive heard all the rumours about his golf. Ive never seen a bloke hit a cricket ball so well so I can only imagine what he does to a golf ball. In our last home game he landed one on the Spalding grandstand roof. We are going to measure the distance at the next home game.

I live about 500m down the hill from him. His been begging us to put a golf flag in our horse arena for him to practise his par 3 game :D :D :D :D

:lol: what a legend. As good as he is, he's not getting there in one.

Great little player. I've been lucky enough to see him as young fella come down to TTG. Unfortunately it didn't work out for him. Confidence was his biggest issue when he was younger. Made a brilliant 80 odd against murray districts last year which proved that he can mix it with the best of them at the carnival when his heads in the right space.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:12 am

The Angry Bull wrote:
whufc wrote:Yeah ive heard all the rumours about his golf. Ive never seen a bloke hit a cricket ball so well so I can only imagine what he does to a golf ball. In our last home game he landed one on the Spalding grandstand roof. We are going to measure the distance at the next home game.

Great little player. I've been lucky enough to see him as young fella come down to TTG. Unfortunately it didn't work out for him. Confidence was his biggest issue when he was younger. Made a brilliant 80 odd against murray districts last year which proved that he can mix it with the best of them at the carnival when his heads in the right space.

To be honest I must live closer than that to him.....because its definitely hit able so I must be a couple hundred metres away. :)

Yeah I had a good chat with him on the beers one night about the TTG experience. From what I could gather he could just never settle in to city life, his a super relaxed character and cricket is his escape, his family have a boardline crop and I think he wears a fair bit of that pressure. I think once cricket gets to serious it stops becoming his escape.

I tell you what to go with his batting his probably the best leg spinner I have played with as well. His a country Warne. His bowling stats are ridiculous, according to mycricket 200 wickets at 15.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Angry Bull » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:43 pm

whufc wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:

To be honest I must live closer than that to him.....because its definitely hit able so I must be a couple hundred metres away. :)

Yeah I had a good chat with him on the beers one night about the TTG experience. From what I could gather he could just never settle in to city life, his a super relaxed character and cricket is his escape, his family have a boardline crop and I think he wears a fair bit of that pressure. I think once cricket gets to serious it stops becoming his escape.

I tell you what to go with his batting his probably the best leg spinner I have played with as well. His a country Warne. His bowling stats are ridiculous, according to mycricket 200 wickets at 15.

Don't worry, he isnt shy on tapping me on the shoulder for a roll. I appreciate that Cricket and Golf are his escape. I would love to earmark him for a leadership role within the zone in the future but i also fear that it may come at the expense of his enjoyment and performance. Its a big zone to cover and confusion can reign, as we've seen unfortunately with the Stanley boys. I think just letting him go about his business when he's down at carnival is the best thing for him.
The Angry Bull
Under 16s

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:59 pm

The Angry Bull wrote:
whufc wrote:
The Angry Bull wrote:

Don't worry, he isnt shy on tapping me on the shoulder for a roll. I appreciate that Cricket and Golf are his escape. I would love to earmark him for a leadership role within the zone in the future but i also fear that it may come at the expense of his enjoyment and performance. Its a big zone to cover and confusion can reign, as we've seen unfortunately with the Stanley boys. I think just letting him go about his business when he's down at carnival is the best thing for him.

Yeah I agree

Even at Spalding his a rock up play kind of guy, he gives it his all when his in the field but doesn’t get involved in the captaining/selection side of things
whufc
Coach

Postby the joker » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:04 pm

The organisers made it that the outback’s batted first so they could score a decent score rather than PDCA batting first and getting skittled for 50
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love vegatarian food. It goes great with steak.
the joker
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 33 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby whufc » Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:58 pm

the joker wrote:The organisers made it that the outback’s batted first so they could score a decent score rather than PDCA batting first and getting skittled for 50
Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely not!

The one thing you don’t do is give the para districts boys more reason to be motivated.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:29 pm

Interesting that the PDCA women’s side tonight is only players from Eyre Royals A & B grade. Wonder if any other players from clubs were contacted? Surely someone like Chelsea Rundle whose played state underage would’ve been in the mix?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3192 times
Been liked: 3999 times

Postby The Bedge » Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:40 pm

Actually I don’t think it’s interesting, I think it’s incredibly poor.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Reeree35 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:26 pm

The Bedge wrote:Actually I don’t think it’s interesting, I think it’s incredibly poor.

As a club who has a team in the A grade women’s it’s incredibly disappointing that other clubs weren’t asked to be a part of it.

Mixing clubs and adding players might of been a good thing to stop the division in the women’s comp but unfortunately this will probably now cause more of a divide with other clubs
Reeree35
Mini-League

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 5 times

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:03 pm

Last edited by #bleedredandblue on Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby #bleedredandblue » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:05 pm

A couple of them are actually decent blokes though, I feel sorry for that select few! Arifi is a champion bloke and has some talent, can’t see him there next season after chatting to him tonight
#bleedredandblue
Under 16s

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 52 times
Grassroots Team: Eastern Park

Postby auto » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:57 am

Played at Dublin Oval for the first time yesterday, what a cracker of an oval. Although the boundary length would have rivalled the MCG it was a pleasure to get value for runs and not play a shot on the deck that holds up in the grass. Nice set up with the clubrooms too, can see why the guys out there love playing there.

Interesting game also, Dublin got off to a flyer being on a hundy after 15 overs but we pulled them back to all out 140. Then we got off to 0/90 before losing 7 for 30 and game on again before we got the last couple runs.

Grade 4 is sharpening to a race of 3 although i think it will be between Two Wells and North Pines to see who will play Dublin in the GF. Makes the coming match TW v NP this week a big one.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using Tapatalk
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby whufc » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:47 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:Eyre royals are a bunch of absolute losers, and how that watto continues to find clubs to play at absolutely puzzles me! Biggest drop kick I’ve ever played against and I’m sure there are hundreds of people waiting to punch his lights out if they see him outside of sport.. Would love for them to come up against central United come finals time, made light work of today without Woodward, Bradshaw or S.thompson lol

We’ve all had our Watto incident lol

We had a big run in when he was at Parafield Gardens. Luckily took him to the cleaners though.
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:14 am

Watto is a lot different to how he used to be, I had the pleasure of playing against him back when he was at North Pines then footy for Mawson Lakes and he was bloody loose. He’s mellowed out a fair bit, and is certain an acquired taste but wouldn’t think he’d strike fear into the hearts of many.

Arifi is a beauty, quality cricketer and a good guy.. must pain him to bust his arse each week knowing their B grade is a better side.

Eyre Royals are pretenders, they were top but they’re no good.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:35 am

#bleedredandblue wrote:A couple of them are actually decent blokes though, I feel sorry for that select few! Arifi is a champion bloke and has some talent, can’t see him there next season after chatting to him tonight

Why'd you delete your other post? :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps