Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Postby Ramrod » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:49 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Okay Roxy, Keep thinking that

A bit quiet Ramrod, thought you "Nairne" supporters would be quite chipper given your good win today and the fact you get a home final next week.

Ah roxy sorry I have been away with work for the last couple days, so unfortunatly didnt make it out to have a look at any cricket this weekend. Congrats to Nairne and Woodside getting through to the GF. Strath would be Devestated not to make it as would Lobey, in saying that Strath top all year, to be bowled out for 90odd is pretty poor and im sure they will have some soul searching over winter. Lobey got pumped which was expected. Might pop out on the weekend to have a look at the GF.

I thought I saw you there but it must have been that bloke from Nairne that looks exactly like you. Make sure you fill up the car with petrol if your heading to Nairne to watch the GF, its a fair drive from Strath mate. :D

Yeah must've been someone else roxy, tough to be at Strath when im in Mount Gambier for the weekend.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:39 pm

You missed a good game! It could have been anyones and I thought it might be over on Saturday the way things were going.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Dutchy » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:52 pm

saintal wrote:Where's the HCA final? Might have a look on Sunday.

Balhannah I think.

Interesting the 2 clubs that dropped from A grade to B grade in recent years are playing in the B grade final, will they both have the guts to come back up?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3507 times

Postby saintal » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Yeah Balhannah, checked on mycricket.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Ramrod » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:02 am

Grand Final Preview. Nairne Vs Woodside. Congrats to both teams on getting here, hoping for a close exciting game, Unfortunately i dont think that will be the case. Nairne will be simply be to good if they play anywhere near there best cricket. This is the deepest team in country cricket with bat and ball, and they will just overpower woodside. In saying that Woodside's bowling lineup is quite handy, but to me there batting is the major concern against this bowling line up. I think last time these 2 met in a final, Nairne made 300 odd, with woodside being rolled for under a 100. Wescombe has to make a big score if Woodside are any chance. I'm backing Harden and Hein to run through Woodsides line up, Look for Todd Heinrich to make a ton today. Woodside wouldnt have slept well knowing what they are facing today. If this game goes past tea time tomorrow i will be shocked. Nairne to win there 7th in a row.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Newkid » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:03 pm

Meadows have come out to play today bowling scib out for 35!!!
Newkid
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby rainbow warrior » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Newkid wrote:Meadows have come out to play today bowling scib out for 35!!!

Geez impressive by Meadows but woeful by SCIB
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 4 times

Postby the wonder elephant » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:50 pm

Newkid wrote:Meadows have come out to play today bowling scib out for 35!!!

Wtf :?
the wonder elephant
League - Best 21

Has liked: 114 times
Been liked: 18 times
Grassroots Team: Ironbank

Postby Newkid » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:22 pm

Scib all out for 37 in reply meadows 2/41 winners in half a day's play!!
Newkid
Mini-League

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Dutchy » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:50 pm

Bit bizzare they didnt play on what if they bowled out Meadows for 100?

Flaggies won C grade

Lofty recovered from 3/0 and 9/140 to chase down 168 in the D grade in a very tense last half hour.

B grade anyone?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:46 pm

Dutchy wrote:Bit bizzare they didnt play on what if they bowled out Meadows for 100?

Humiliating enough getting bowled out for 37 let alone playing on and getting done outright by an Innings.
When was the last time a team won a Grand Final in Country Cricket after losing on the 1st innings?
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Dutchy » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:10 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
Dutchy wrote:Bit bizzare they didnt play on what if they bowled out Meadows for 100?

Humiliating enough getting bowled out for 37 let alone playing on and getting done outright by an Innings.
When was the last time a team won a Grand Final in Country Cricket after losing on the 1st innings?

Game can be conceeded at anytime, so if they got to 2/150 thats what you would do, but there was 100 overs to be played in the game yet
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby FannyO'Wilson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:31 am

Managed to make it towards the end of the game at Balhannah. May have been due to the early finish and people planning at attending the game on Sunday but I found the presentation at the ground, rather than at Heathfield on the Sunday evening to be a bit of a non event. There were not heaps of people about but I think for those who were there could hardly hear the speeches and then all of a sudden it was done. Maybe a small speaker and microphone could have helped along with a bit of an organised program, rather than it all seeming a bit off the cuff as to who does what when. At the same time it probably would not have been too good at Heathfield on the Sunday evening after what I would expect would have been a 30 hour session on the cans for the participants.
FannyO'Wilson
Mini-League

Postby Dutchy » Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:09 pm

What time was the game finished? Wonder if there has ever been as early a finish to a GF than that?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby FannyO'Wilson » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:What time was the game finished? Wonder if there has ever been as early a finish to a GF than that?

Would have been 4ish
FannyO'Wilson
Mini-League

Postby Ramrod » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:04 pm

Congrats to Nairne on there 7th in a row. Great Effort, Deepest team in the comp. The other teams need to recruit heavily to try and stop them.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Ramrod wrote:Congrats to Nairne on there 7th in a row. Great Effort, Deepest team in the comp. The other teams need to recruit heavily to try and stop them.

I agree with you Ramrod, Nairne are far and away the strongest team in the comp, and bat/bowl far deeper than any others in A&EH. Unless something drastic happens I can see 10 in a row for the razorbacks.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Ramrod » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Congrats to Nairne on there 7th in a row. Great Effort, Deepest team in the comp. The other teams need to recruit heavily to try and stop them.

I agree with you Ramrod, Nairne are far and away the strongest team in the comp, and bat/bowl far deeper than any others in A&EH. Unless something drastic happens I can see 10 in a row for the razorbacks.

Yeah I agree Corona Man. In saying that i dont think Woodside and Strath are to far away. I believe both teams maybe need to decent batters and at Strath maybe 1 more bowler. Both Clubs shouldnt have issues recruiting both have good facilities, but they have to be aggressive and get on the front foot and start calling people in the next couple weeks. Nairne cant really recruit many more players otherwise youll have gun players playing in the 2's which will upset a few.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

Yeah I agree Corona Man. In saying that i dont think Woodside and Strath are to far away. I believe both teams maybe need to decent batters and at Strath maybe 1 more bowler. Both Clubs shouldnt have issues recruiting both have good facilities, but they have to be aggressive and get on the front foot and start calling people in the next couple weeks. Nairne cant really recruit many more players otherwise youll have gun players playing in the 2's which will upset a few.

The question is WILL Strath & Woodside get on the front foot.... and where do the look, locally or do they go further afield?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Ramrod » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
Corona Man wrote:

The question is WILL Strath & Woodside get on the front foot.... and where do the look, locally or do they go further afield?

Thats is the million dollar question Corona man. Ultimately i cant answer that. I Believe there a couple of players locally they could both target. In my opinion Strath with there new clubrooms, turf nets and there oval, they are in a postion to go after District players who are looking to play Country cricket on turf. How do you get them to your club without paying them is the question. if Both clubs are sick of finishing second they need to recruit otherwise Nairne will be celebrating this time next year.
Ramrod
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps