Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2013/14.

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:17 am

Discuss relevant topics here.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2013/14.

Postby jumbo20 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:00 pm

Who has recruited well in HCA?
jumbo20
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 9 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby The Panther » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:27 am

Is B grade in the hills going to be one dayers this season ?
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby Banker » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:29 am

The Panther wrote:Is B grade in the hills going to be one dayers this season ?

Ha! For 10 years everyone has been screaming for a split of 1 & 2 dayers.

Now we get a full season...

Expect Mylor to be back in B's this year then.
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby flanker » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:03 am

Interesting rule was voted in for the HCA D Grade comp which forced batsmen to retire at 50! Mainly to stop those who play below their level for cheap runs but will interesting to see how it goes!
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby The Panther » Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:43 am

From my understanding Mylor will indeed be back in B Grade now it is one dayers. Also should have a C grade.
The D grade rule is worth trying.
I don't think it should be used any higher than that but for D's i hope it works and encourages higher participation from both older guys still wanting a hit and the youngsters that top up sides or are moving into senior ranks.
I guess we will need to see how it goes for a full season before it can be really assessed.
The Panther
Under 16s

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 58 times

Postby saintal » Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Interesting idea for the HCA D grade. Don’t mind it actually.

TVCA had Part 2 of their AGM last week. A lot of significant changes were suggested at the first meeting back in March, however there was a much different vibe last week, and as such very little will change from prior seasons, which I’m happy about. 7 two dayers and 4 one dayers in the A grade, with no junk like T20s included. There was a surprisingly high level of support for two day cricket.

Looks like each club will field two sides, with Springton CC possibly reforming and fielding a B grade. 5 clubs have nominated an U10/11s team. Unfortunately the future of junior comps within TVCA remains highly questionable, with only Birdwood and Palmer able to field anything higher than an U10/11s.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:31 pm

Flagstaff Hill CC juniors joining the HCA I believe this season.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby Dutchy » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:55 pm

flanker wrote:Interesting rule was voted in for the HCA D Grade comp which forced batsmen to retire at 50! Mainly to stop those who play below their level for cheap runs but will interesting to see how it goes!

Dont mind it, ideally that grade should be old blokes playing with their sons/juniors along with guys who love a casual hit but dont have the ability to play higher. Im guessing Mylors D grade premiership last season has forced this.

Does this mean they can go back in at 11 once 9 wickets down?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2311 times
Been liked: 3482 times

Postby flanker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:03 am

Yeah Dutchy as far as I know they can come back in at the end.
flanker
Rookie

Been liked: 3 times

Postby Banker » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:05 am

Dutchy wrote:
flanker wrote:Interesting rule was voted in for the HCA D Grade comp which forced batsmen to retire at 50! Mainly to stop those who play below their level for cheap runs but will interesting to see how it goes!

Dont mind it, ideally that grade should be old blokes playing with their sons/juniors along with guys who love a casual hit but dont have the ability to play higher. Im guessing Mylors D grade premiership last season has forced this.

Does this mean they can go back in at 11 once 9 wickets down?

Love it.

We should finally see Mylor's top 11 players in the same team.

Rumour around that Steadman and Gaunt are coming back up the hill too...
Banker
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 59 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:25 pm

The B&LCA would like to add another team to the competition to bring us to an even 16 clubs across the association.
The ultimate aim would be to have 8 first eleven clubs in each of the A1 and A1 Reserves comp.
There is promotion and relegation between the two grades.

A club within an hours travelling distance would be suitable.
The association is one of the few that is increasing in size and participation in country SA. This season will see 45 senior teams and 47 junior teams participate.
There is 4 grades of mixed 2 day and one day cricket and 2 grades of an excluseively one day comp.
Juniors are catered for at U10, U12, U14 and U16 level.

If any clubs are interested please PM me.
Any interest will be handled confidentially
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2415 times
Been liked: 1657 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:13 am

jumbo20 wrote:Who has recruited well in HCA?

Not sure about the HCA but I heard Strath have Shelly Nitschke playing for them.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:50 am

Finniss have got several overseas players - from the UK I think. This should bolster their team from last season and see their 1st team very competitive. Also heard that Nairne have recruited well - no surprises there though.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby kickittome » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:26 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Finniss have got several overseas players - from the UK I think. This should bolster their team from last season and see their 1st team very competitive. Also heard that Nairne have recruited well - no surprises there though.

Yeah your right mark 'swingking' abbott played with them in Plymouth(uk) said they were very handy players. Finniss you think would go up to the a2's now would be a bit embarrassing paying for recruits and having them dominate the b grade comp. Strange that Finniss don't have good enough nets to train on yet spend $ on recruits. :roll:
The cricket season has snuck up on us again after a long footy season, any more goss on clubs moving teams down or up grades?
kickittome
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby saintal » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:40 am

TVCA details finalised for the upcoming season, with teams nominated and fixtures released. All games start next week.

Paracombe would be early favourites to make it 3 in a row. Gum and Palmer should be finalists again, Eden Valley somewhat of an unknown, Birdwood might improve, Cambrai always competitive, while Mt Torrens and Lenswood may find it hard to play finals. Sounds as though most clubs have lost a few players over winter (send me a PM if you want a game somewhere), so perhaps the standard of the comp may weaken a little this year. I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Doesn't help that the league has bugger all juniors coming through.

The league is in urgent need of umpires, so again send me a PM if you’re interested. $110 per day, no qualifications needed. Fairly casual league without too many d*ckheads. ;)

B Grade will feature 9 clubs, with Springton/Mt Pleasant reforming thanks to some young lads. Sounds as though Mt Torrens might struggle to make it 4 in a row, opening the door for Paracombe or Gum to pounce. Cambrai and Lenswood to fight over the spoon.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 428 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:47 am

kickittome wrote:mark 'swingking' abbott

Will he still be the Swing King with the introduction of 4 piece balls? Probably, Tony is a very good bowler.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:06 am

The A1 grade draw is out for AEHCA, featuring 8 teams in the A1s each team will play the others in a 2 day and a 1 day match (including a couple to T20s.

Nairne and Woodside and Strath should all be strong again this season, Wistow will continue to improve this season along with Hahndorf and Ashbourne whilst Lobey and Creek will rebuild from disappointing seasons last year but don't underestimate them as they will be very competitive. Looking forward to what should be a very close and even competition this season.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:51 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:The A1 grade draw is out for AEHCA, featuring 8 teams in the A1s each team will play the others in a 2 day and a 1 day match (including a couple to T20s.

Nairne and Woodside and Strath should all be strong again this season, Wistow will continue to improve this season along with Hahndorf and Ashbourne whilst Lobey and Creek will rebuild from disappointing seasons last year but don't underestimate them as they will be very competitive. Looking forward to what should be a very close and even competition this season.

Knowing very little about teams ins and outs this season, i'm tipping a Nairne v Strath Grand Final.
Can Woodside cover the loss of consistent run getter Nick "slim" Johns who i believe has moved to ??
Ashbourne have lost Dellatore? Also have they been able to replace their 3 internationals from last year?
I guess most teams are having trouble with a lack of good young talent coming through to play 'A' Grade?
Creeks in trouble with player numbers? Goldy in Darwin. Warren to play 1st match but then out to Christmas with a knee cleanout. Have lost players from last year with no replacements could see their losing streak of 10 extend quite a bit longer. :(
Flag odds
Nairne $1.60
Strath $4.00
Woodside $5.00
Wistow $14.00
Hahndorf $21.00
Lobey $21.00
Ashbourne $101
Creeks $126
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 444 times

Postby The Phoenix » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:13 pm

Like your odds there Jackpot and I don't disagree with them....
I'd probably throw the house on Nairne at $1.60, take a piece of Lobey at $21, steer well clear of Wistow at $14 and put a gold coin donation on Ashbourne at $101.

My comments:
Nairne will gain Harden to add to their potent bowling attack and stop most clubs from making a competitive score against them
Woodside will still be up there without Johnsy
Strath will be around the mark again
then there's daylight for fourth...
Hahndorf and Lobey should have improved squads
Wistow similar to last year
Ashbourne - bit unknown...where's Dellatorre gone Jackpot?
Langhorne Ck...could be handy when Warren and Johnson combine...
The Phoenix
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Next

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps