S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: S.A Churches & Community Cricket Association 2013/14.

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:26 pm

Half Back Flanker wrote:Is there any truth about a mass walk out of players PG??
No
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby moses » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:28 pm

So am i right mate, is Wright captain this year or Pup?
moses
Under 18s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:33 pm

moses wrote:So am i right mate, is Wright captain this year or Pup?

Couldn't tell you, i'm away for work at the moment.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby moses » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:23 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
moses wrote:So am i right mate, is Wright captain this year or Pup?

Couldn't tell you, i'm away for work at the moment.

You know exactly what went on so don't act all squeaky clean! Players all sooked threatened to walk left, right and centre if committee didn't change skipper so they did a bigger back flip than those guys out of cirque du soleil and sacked poor old Mark Woolcock 24 hours later and appointed Paul Wright as skipper again. Disgraceful and don't act all innocent pal you had a hand in all of this! Paul Wright you're a joke, who comes new to a club and expect to be Captain straight away and then knife a loyal club man like Pup Woolcock in the back? Pathetic and a joke!
moses
Under 18s

Postby No1_Source » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:16 am

You know exactly what went on so don't act all squeaky clean! Players all sooked threatened to walk left, right and centre if committee didn't change skipper so they did a bigger back flip than those guys out of cirque du soleil and sacked poor old Mark Woolcock 24 hours later and appointed Paul Wright as skipper again. Disgraceful and don't act all innocent pal you had a hand in all of this! Paul Wright you're a joke, who comes new to a club and expect to be Captain straight away and then knife a loyal club man like Pup Woolcock in the back? Pathetic and a joke![/quote]

far out moses you whinge more then a girl on her period... I wonder. I think you should head a committee change the name of this forum to we hate Enfield :p I reckon if we won 10 A Grade Premierships in a row you will still have a problem with something.... A lot of these blokes in those comp are good blokes but does anyone other club have 4 teams? if everyone hates enfield soooooo much why do we get 4 teams and no one else does??? Granted A grade has struggled of late but still stepped up to div one when others didn't want to and we were no where near ready for that. Arguments Start :P
No1_Source
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:25 am

moses wrote:You know exactly what went on so don't act all squeaky clean! Players all sooked threatened to walk left, right and centre if committee didn't change skipper so they did a bigger back flip than those guys out of cirque du soleil and sacked poor old Mark Woolcock 24 hours later and appointed Paul Wright as skipper again. Disgraceful and don't act all innocent pal you had a hand in all of this! Paul Wright you're a joke, who comes new to a club and expect to be Captain straight away and then knife a loyal club man like Pup Woolcock in the back? Pathetic and a joke!

Clearly you have no idea.. the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows!

No players threatened to walk whatsoever, there was no pressure on the committee to change their mind however I do believe they had realised they had made the wrong decision moving forward.

Woolcock is a mate of mine, love the bloke but the fact of the matter is that he probably wasn't the best option as captain. Being a loyal club man is one thing - being a successfull A grade captain another. He has being given the chance to captain the A grade once before with limited success - that's not to say he wouldn't do a better job this time around though. There is no guarantee he would be in the best XI at Enfield either - you can't name a captain who may not be up to the standard, a good captain needs to lead from the front. Woolcock has a lot more to learn yet I think.

It is my belief that the club approached Paul originally and raised the prospect of being A grade captain, led him to believe that he has the position (Woolcock didn't even nominate), allowed him to go out and chase players and look to prepare for the season before changing their mind. Nothing to do with him expecting anything or knifing anyone.

As for a new player coming to a club and being captain i dont see any issue with it whatsoever, plenty of clubs actively seek out players all the time and often add incentives/responsibility such as captaincy.

Enfield needed to make some big decisions and take steps forward to changing their form over recent seasons and making the club a more enticing place for cricketers to come to time will tell whether their decision to chase an outsider and grant him captaincy will pay dividends.

I think you will find a majority of the "power" Paul will have influence over will be on the field on a weekend and assisting overseeing selections. He will be closely assisted, supported and guided by the committee and coach who will collaborate with Paul on the direction to take and decisions to be made.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:28 am

Or is this because you are worried that Enfield might actually become competitive and threathen your great Rose Lakes Farm dynasty? :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby moses » Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
moses wrote:You know exactly what went on so don't act all squeaky clean! Players all sooked threatened to walk left, right and centre if committee didn't change skipper so they did a bigger back flip than those guys out of cirque du soleil and sacked poor old Mark Woolcock 24 hours later and appointed Paul Wright as skipper again. Disgraceful and don't act all innocent pal you had a hand in all of this! Paul Wright you're a joke, who comes new to a club and expect to be Captain straight away and then knife a loyal club man like Pup Woolcock in the back? Pathetic and a joke!

Clearly you have no idea.. the world isn't all sunshine and rainbows!

No players threatened to walk whatsoever, there was no pressure on the committee to change their mind however I do believe they had realised they had made the wrong decision moving forward.

Woolcock is a mate of mine, love the bloke but the fact of the matter is that he probably wasn't the best option as captain. Being a loyal club man is one thing - being a successfull A grade captain another. He has being given the chance to captain the A grade once before with limited success - that's not to say he wouldn't do a better job this time around though. There is no guarantee he would be in the best XI at Enfield either - you can't name a captain who may not be up to the standard, a good captain needs to lead from the front. Woolcock has a lot more to learn yet I think.

It is my belief that the club approached Paul originally and raised the prospect of being A grade captain, led him to believe that he has the position (Woolcock didn't even nominate), allowed him to go out and chase players and look to prepare for the season before changing their mind. Nothing to do with him expecting anything or knifing anyone.

As for a new player coming to a club and being captain i dont see any issue with it whatsoever, plenty of clubs actively seek out players all the time and often add incentives/responsibility such as captaincy.

Enfield needed to make some big decisions and take steps forward to changing their form over recent seasons and making the club a more enticing place for cricketers to come to time will tell whether their decision to chase an outsider and grant him captaincy will pay dividends.

I think you will find a majority of the "power" Paul will have influence over will be on the field on a weekend and assisting overseeing selections. He will be closely assisted, supported and guided by the committee and coach who will collaborate with Paul on the direction to take and decisions to be made.

Thought you were away and didn't know? ;)
moses
Under 18s

Postby OKC! » Fri Sep 13, 2013 3:53 pm

Can I be captain?
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby secondstring » Fri Sep 13, 2013 4:33 pm

So if i join your club and i am a better player than Paul, can i be captain?
secondstring

Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby moses » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:31 pm

OKC! wrote:Can I be captain?

Only if Phantom Gossiper approves you or you're a better cricketer than Paul Wright?
moses
Under 18s

Postby Footy Warrior » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:40 pm

Who is this Wright bloke and why were Enfield so keen to sign him up as captain?
Footy Warrior
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Cobdogla

Postby OKC! » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm

moses wrote:

Only if Phantom Gossiper approves you or you're a better cricketer than Paul Wright?

Probably no to both of them :lol:
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby moses » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:16 pm

OKC! wrote:
moses wrote:

Probably no to both of them :lol:

That's probably better for your benefit then ;)
moses
Under 18s

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:30 pm

You just worry about your club and how it operates and leave Enfield to worry about theirs. Woolcock is a grown man, if he has a concern then he can deal with it in the right manner and avenues with the appropriate parties.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby fox » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:18 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:You just worry about your club and how it operates and leave Enfield to worry about...

Thats rich coming from you. Are you playing in our comp this year or having some affiliation other than offering your opinions here?

Good luck to Enfield, it will be better for the comp if they can improve.
fox
Mini-League

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:40 pm

fox wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:You just worry about your club and how it operates and leave Enfield to worry about...

Thats rich coming from you. Are you playing in our comp this year or having some affiliation other than offering your opinions here?

Ill have some affiliation this season
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Dancing in the rain » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:33 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
fox wrote:

His sisters best freinds cousins dog once had a poop on Enfield oval. Close enough affiliation for you moses?
Dancing in the rain
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times

Postby moses » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:13 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
fox wrote:

Life Partners?
moses
Under 18s

Postby moses » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:19 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
fox wrote:

Just when I thought the competition only had just the one tool
moses
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps