Port Pirie Cricket Asociation

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Port Pirie Cricket Association 2011/12

Postby Squids » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:37 am

Go the greens wrote:
whichgrade wrote:
Go the greens wrote:
Perhaps you could clarify for me PPLions the situation with the Lions changerooms at Memorial- what are the rules on who gets to use those when Lions are not? Clubs/public/anyone? Thanks for that

perhaps you 'go the greens' could enlighten us as to why only wandearah and southport get to use the turf on port oval to play on. I know they sponsor wandearah and southport and you will claim that its your home ground but the central hotel sponsors risdon, does that mean only ppl from risdon are allowed to go ther and drink, bet, etc? i suppose all that money that the little old ladies pump into your pokies should just benefit a few ppl not the whole community as the 'port football and COMMUNITY sporting club' name would suggest.

You didnt seem to answer my query, or ignored it without any reasonable answer, but never mind I will pay you the courtesy of answering yours if you like.
If I am not mistaken every single team from every single club in the community from the 11s, 14s, 17s, B's & A's got to use the magnificent Port venue so have no idea what your first comment meant. Oh and we dont claim its our home ground, it is our home ground

Secondly I propose a compromise re Ports and the Risdon Hotel!
Next time you wander out to centre wicket Port Oval, bat in hand to take block 2 foot outside leg to face Gillette razor or dump Button and the next time I take the missus for tea at the Ris, we can both give our partners a knowing nod of the head. You will know you will be batting on a belter of a wicket beautifully prepared by the SouthPort and Wandies cricketers and I will know Im about to knock over a fabulous Chicken Snitty with gravy and Salads (S&P squid just wouldnt be right!) lovingly prepared by the Risdon cricketers.
With a bit of luck you will survive and I might get lucky and its the classic win/win scenario with everyone is doing their bit! Problem solved!

Are you on the greens?
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby PPLions » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a nice chicken schnitzel?
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Squids » Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:00 pm

I hear the Risdon players make a good chicken schnitzel
Squids
Coach

Postby whichgrade » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:46 pm

PPLions wrote:Does anyone know where I can get a nice chicken schnitzel?

i hear purchasing chicken schnittys increases the chance of you 'getting lucky'
whichgrade
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby PPLions » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:58 am

Next time you wander out to centre wicket Port Oval, bat in hand to take block 2 foot outside leg to face Gillette razor or dump Button

I know that Rhys Gillett isnt the most accurate bowler
But its a bit harsh to say that you have to bat 2 foot outside leg in order to hit his deliveries.
PPLions
Under 18s

Postby Diddy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:00 pm

Just got home from dinner at the Risdon, Jubba's carrot and cheese salad was superb.
You stay classy Booleroo Centre
Diddy
Rookie

Postby Squids » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:04 pm

How was Saranatous coke and ice?
Squids
Coach

Postby slogging succliffe » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:39 pm

Risdon are the biggest sooks in pirie and noted umpire bashers.
Last year when we played em at port they were giving one of the best umpires in pirie, R cox, lots of grief for every decision he made.

They are always complaining about being hard done by and being a battling club and yet they have the association wrapped around their finger and that lawyer bloke gets whatever they want.

They have a team stacked while their A grade struggles and have been known to bend the rules, as shown when they lost the points against strykers.

Their A grade will get flogged and thieir B grade with a very weak bowling line-up will not make the finals in the face of far superior teams this year
slogging succliffe

Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby whichgrade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:53 am

slogging succliffe wrote:Risdon are the biggest sooks in pirie and noted umpire bashers.
Last year when we played em at port they were giving one of the best umpires in pirie, R cox, lots of grief for every decision he made.

They are always complaining about being hard done by and being a battling club and yet they have the association wrapped around their finger and that lawyer bloke gets whatever they want.

They have a team stacked while their A grade struggles and have been known to bend the rules, as shown when they lost the points against strykers.

Their A grade will get flogged and thieir B grade with a very weak bowling line-up will not make the finals in the face of far superior teams this year

haha your right rod cox is the best umpire in pirie, it just depends which team you play for!!!

oh a stacked team, yeh i suppose 6 players under the age of 21 is stacked. this year we're going to buy a few players from england for our b grade it seems to work for other teams. :p

yeh we lost points, and we still finished above most other teams, yes we broke the rules and we paid the ultimate price, winning the flag :D

we will see i suppose
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby whichgrade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 am

slogging succliffe wrote:thieir B grade with a very weak bowling line-up will not make the finals in the face of far superior teams this year

very weak bowling line up, didnt we roll props for like 70 runs in the prelim?
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby Squids » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:30 am

slogging succliffe wrote:Risdon are the biggest sooks in pirie and noted umpire bashers.

Whatever...I cant remember a time we have sooked, we are constantly bent over by the association but we come out and win every week. I think the only thing we have got is the heat rule introduced.

Agrade made the grandfinal how did your Southport go chump?

Same was said at the start of last season and look at me sitting with my premiership medal!
Squids
Coach

Postby Go the greens » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:28 pm

Squids wrote:
Whatever...I cant remember a time we have sooked, we are constantly bent over by the association but we come out and win every week. I think the only thing we have got is the heat rule introduced.

Same was said at the start of last season and look at me sitting with my premiership medal!

Sign this guy up Lachy! the perfect start to any rebuttable, Whatever Atticus would have been proud of that opening. He must be the youngest ppca skipper, I'd guess he was 12! =))

I cant remember a time we have sooked :shock: Try flicking back over the past pages, this whole thread sound awfully like a Risdon sook!

Squid, you bag the piss out of the Lions lads on the footy forum for being weak but these same lads are great come dressed in white playing for Risdon - Go figure!!
Go the greens

Postby Squids » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:57 pm

Go the greens wrote:
Squids wrote:

Sign this guy up Lachy! the perfect start to any rebuttable, Whatever Atticus would have been proud of that opening. He must be the youngest ppca skipper, I'd guess he was 12! =))

I cant remember a time we have sooked :shock: Try flicking back over the past pages, this whole thread sound awfully like a Risdon sook!

Squid, you bag the piss out of the Lions lads on the footy forum for being weak but these same lads are great come dressed in white playing for Risdon - Go figure!!

No I dont think this is a Risdon sook at all... I remember you having a nice sook about not being able to lose the Lions rooms for footy but I can't see much else Risdon sooking....

Cricket and footy are two completely different sports champ.

Also I am not the captain of the highschool team which won in 1960odd

Finally who the **** is Atticus?
Squids
Coach

Postby AD » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:36 pm

ahh.. banter.

Keep it up. We love it.

Just makes us look better when we shut the haters up.
AD
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Border Districts

Postby whichgrade » Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:40 pm

Go the greens wrote:
Perhaps you could clarify for me PPLions the situation with the Lions changerooms at Memorial- what are the rules on who gets to use those when Lions are not? Clubs/public/anyone? Thanks for that

just a thought on this i wonder if all sollies and port footballers were paid up lions fc members then you would be able to use the changerooms, the same as all cricketers have to be port members to use the port football and community 'club sa' nets for organised training.
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby Go the greens » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:49 pm

whichgrade wrote:
Go the greens wrote:

just a thought on this i wonder if all sollies and port footballers were paid up lions fc members then you would be able to use the changerooms, the same as all cricketers have to be port members to use the port football and community 'club sa' nets for organised training.

I bet they put u in charge of the watermelon salad there wg dont they, nice and simple!
Read the whole original quote, not just what was reposted, that was an answer to that question of who can use the nets with the above quote asked to highlight a point. - A point once again unanswered as was my point about ALL teams from ALL clubs playing on Ports contrary to another of your posts
PS they aren't 'club sa' nets, they're 'Ports" nets assisted with the generosity of Clubs SA and MEMBERS.
Go the greens

Postby Go the greens » Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:57 pm

PS the smarter of your Risdon avatars will know who Atticus is, but I wont say who or it will clearly out him. He is the best of your posters so dont want to see him go offline!
Go the greens

Postby PPLions » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:02 pm

PS they aren't 'club sa' nets, they're 'Ports" nets assisted with the generosity of Clubs SA and MEMBERS.
Attachments
Clubs SA Cricket Nets.jpg
Clubs SA Cricket Nets.jpg (192.48 KiB) Viewed 661 times
PPLions
Under 18s

Postby AD » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:28 pm

I thought they took away your camera after the solomontown primary school incident, PPLions?
AD
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Border Districts

Postby PPLions » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:42 pm

I'm not supposed to be within two hundred feet of a school... or a Chuck E. Cheese
PPLions
Under 18s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps