Port Pirie Cricket Asociation

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Port Pirie Cricket Association 2011/12

Postby Squids » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:47 pm

What was the average age of the teams in the Agrade grand final?

Props 45
Risdon 21
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:52 pm

whichgrade wrote:
well said AD but i would say that not only from an internal perspective but also in relation to all other CLUBS we had a successful year, in the face of adversity struggling for numbers at the start of the year, all the haters were against us trying to destroy our proud club. 'go the greens' failing to recognise the grewar medal as successful??? failing to acknowledge that the A grade made the grand final for the first time in ages as successful??? then theres is the b grade flag and the b grade player of the year, but judging by your remark at the top there you make it sound like the b grade is just a joke, let me tell you 'go the greens' the b grade is far more competative than the A grade!!! also where does it say that we were claiming to be the 'premier' (your words not mine) club in town? all AD said was that we had a successful year. so keep your smart ass remarks to yourself and worry about bettering which ever club you support this year. unfortunately in cricket you cant throw money around to fix the problem!!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't B. Pine make less runs AND take less wickets than S. Fuchs? I think that's a reason not to recognise the Grewar Medal at all.
The revolution is just a t-shirt away
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Squids wrote:What was the average age of the teams in the Agrade grand final?

Props 45
Risdon 21

Would have been 56 if R. Fowler wasn't playing
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Postby whichgrade » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Dirk Tazelaar wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't B. Pine make less runs AND take less wickets than S. Fuchs? I think that's a reason not to recognise the Grewar Medal at all.

Well I think you will find dirk that the grewer is calculated not only on runs and wickets so on that grounds you are wrong. Maybe props a grade premiership shouldn't be recognised due to the fact that they didn't play the team they were supposed to play
whichgrade
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Broughton-Mundoora

Postby PPLions » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:15 pm

Dont hate Brad Pine for taking 75 catches last season.
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: West Augusta

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:18 pm

I love the guy. Hell, everytime I hear the B.o.B. song "I've got the magic in me", I think of him having sex. But maybe catches/fielding votes are weighted too highly in the Grewar scoring system.
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Postby AD » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:37 pm

Dirk Tazelaar wrote:I love the guy. Hell, everytime I hear the B.o.B. song "I've got the magic in me", I think of him having sex.

Am I the only one who finds this a little disturbing?
AD
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Border Districts

Postby Squids » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:43 pm

Should we not recognise any of Simon Fuchs medals consider he bowls his 10 without fail and bats at 3 every week?
Squids
Coach

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 205 times

Postby whichgrade » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:48 pm

Dirk Tazelaar wrote:I love the guy. Hell, everytime I hear the B.o.B. song "I've got the magic in me", I think of him having sex. But maybe catches/fielding votes are weighted too highly in the Grewar scoring system.

I don't think that is the case dirk surely it's harder to take a catch than it is to bowl some trash to the tail enders
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:54 pm

Due to my low care factor on this topic, I shall not make any further comment.
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Postby Sky Pilot » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:55 pm

have you Pirie blokes published your 2011/12 program anywhere? Can someone put it up on here? I wanna know if you have the annual day/nighter against Rocky River scheduled
People who bought this book also bought a stool and some rope. Unknown literary critic
Sky Pilot
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: BMW

Postby whichgrade » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:58 pm

Dirk Tazelaar wrote:Due to my low care factor on this topic, I shall not make any further comment.

Didn't they dog you out of an a grade premiership last year dirk? Who you playing for this year
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby Dirk Tazelaar » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:01 pm

whichgrade wrote:
Dirk Tazelaar wrote:Due to my low care factor on this topic, I shall not make any further comment.

Didn't they dog you out of an a grade premiership last year dirk? Who you playing for this year

No, I am not Adam Wade.
Dirk Tazelaar
Rookie

Postby Go the greens » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:06 pm

whichgrade wrote:
Go the greens wrote:
Perhaps you could clarify for me PPLions the situation with the Lions changerooms at Memorial- what are the rules on who gets to use those when Lions are not? Clubs/public/anyone? Thanks for that

perhaps you 'go the greens' could enlighten us as to why only wandearah and southport get to use the turf on port oval to play on. I know they sponsor wandearah and southport and you will claim that its your home ground but the central hotel sponsors risdon, does that mean only ppl from risdon are allowed to go ther and drink, bet, etc? i suppose all that money that the little old ladies pump into your pokies should just benefit a few ppl not the whole community as the 'port football and COMMUNITY sporting club' name would suggest.

You didnt seem to answer my query, or ignored it without any reasonable answer, but never mind I will pay you the courtesy of answering yours if you like.
If I am not mistaken every single team from every single club in the community from the 11s, 14s, 17s, B's & A's got to use the magnificent Port venue so have no idea what your first comment meant. Oh and we dont claim its our home ground, it is our home ground

Secondly I propose a compromise re Ports and the Risdon Hotel!
Next time you wander out to centre wicket Port Oval, bat in hand to take block 2 foot outside leg to face Gillette razor or dump Button and the next time I take the missus for tea at the Ris, we can both give our partners a knowing nod of the head. You will know you will be batting on a belter of a wicket beautifully prepared by the SouthPort and Wandies cricketers and I will know Im about to knock over a fabulous Chicken Snitty with gravy and Salads (S&P squid just wouldnt be right!) lovingly prepared by the Risdon cricketers.
With a bit of luck you will survive and I might get lucky and its the classic win/win scenario with everyone is doing their bit! Problem solved!
Go the greens

Postby Go the greens » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:35 pm

whichgrade wrote:well said AD but i would say that not only from an internal perspective but also in relation to all other CLUBS we had a successful year, in the face of adversity struggling for numbers at the start of the year, all the haters were against us trying to destroy our proud club. 'go the greens' failing to recognise the grewar medal as successful??? failing to acknowledge that the A grade made the grand final for the first time in ages as successful??? then theres is the b grade flag and the b grade player of the year, but judging by your remark at the top there you make it sound like the b grade is just a joke, let me tell you 'go the greens' the b grade is far more competative than the A grade!!! also where does it say that we were claiming to be the 'premier' (your words not mine) club in town? all AD said was that we had a successful year. so keep your smart ass remarks to yourself and worry about bettering which ever club you support this year. unfortunately in cricket you cant throw money around to fix the problem!!

Easy there whichgrade, dry your tears and read what is written.
As written, its all relative, I agree with AD good building point that hopefully they will go from, but probably not what what Props and Wandies for example would call 'highly successful'.
The Grewar medallist was won by Piney and a great reward for a good lad and great cricketer as well as the B grade cricketer of the year, whoever that was (Congo/Jeffries?).
Certainly dont think the B grade comp is a joke, but its exactly what it is, a B Grade comp full of B grade cricketers and thats fine and what cricket is about.
Yes my words were "Four clubs won flags last year and Props with the A's flag are the premier club in town", even though it pains me to admit it! Sorry if that confused you.

Mate, its a forum, have some fun with it, a few risdon boys were having a go so thought would give a bit back, so have a laugh take it with a pinch of salt & give it back.
(Dont like the haters though and I hope all clubs survive and prosper!)
Go the greens

Postby Go the greens » Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:41 pm

AD wrote:
Dirk Tazelaar wrote:Heard Levi broke his hand. Any idea how it happened PPLions?

geez that would certainly harm props' chances. If you catch my drift.

Lets hope he doesnt catch the drift with your brilliantly deceptive avatar there AD or chances might not be the only thing harmed. Must have taken a fair bit of journallistic talent to come up with that one.
Go the greens

Postby whichgrade » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:37 pm

Go the greens wrote:
whichgrade wrote:
Go the greens wrote:
Perhaps you could clarify for me PPLions the situation with the Lions changerooms at Memorial- what are the rules on who gets to use those when Lions are not? Clubs/public/anyone? Thanks for that

perhaps you 'go the greens' could enlighten us as to why only wandearah and southport get to use the turf on port oval to play on. I know they sponsor wandearah and southport and you will claim that its your home ground but the central hotel sponsors risdon, does that mean only ppl from risdon are allowed to go ther and drink, bet, etc? i suppose all that money that the little old ladies pump into your pokies should just benefit a few ppl not the whole community as the 'port football and COMMUNITY sporting club' name would suggest.

You didnt seem to answer my query, or ignored it without any reasonable answer, but never mind I will pay you the courtesy of answering yours if you like.
If I am not mistaken every single team from every single club in the community from the 11s, 14s, 17s, B's & A's got to use the magnificent Port venue so have no idea what your first comment meant. Oh and we dont claim its our home ground, it is our home ground

Secondly I propose a compromise re Ports and the Risdon Hotel!
Next time you wander out to centre wicket Port Oval, bat in hand to take block 2 foot outside leg to face Gillette razor or dump Button and the next time I take the missus for tea at the Ris, we can both give our partners a knowing nod of the head. You will know you will be batting on a belter of a wicket beautifully prepared by the SouthPort and Wandies cricketers and I will know Im about to knock over a fabulous Chicken Snitty with gravy and Salads (S&P squid just wouldnt be right!) lovingly prepared by the Risdon cricketers.
With a bit of luck you will survive and I might get lucky and its the classic win/win scenario with everyone is doing their bit! Problem solved!

the risdon dont sponsor the RCC any more so stop going there and start going to the central plz, thier snittys are just as good
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby whichgrade » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Go the greens wrote:
AD wrote:
Dirk Tazelaar wrote:Heard Levi broke his hand. Any idea how it happened PPLions?

geez that would certainly harm props' chances. If you catch my drift.

Lets hope he doesnt catch the drift with your brilliantly deceptive avatar there AD or chances might not be the only thing harmed. Must have taken a fair bit of journallistic talent to come up with that one.

well played sir :D
whichgrade
Rookie

Postby AD » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:58 pm

Go the greens wrote:Lets hope he doesnt catch the drift with your brilliantly deceptive avatar there AD or chances might not be the only thing harmed. Must have taken a fair bit of journallistic talent to come up with that one.

I'm not into being deceptive. Just saying it as it is, mostly tongue in cheek and for a bit of fun ;)
AD
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Border Districts

Postby PPLions » Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:26 am

Who is the mysterious AD?
PPLions
Under 18s

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 1 time