SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2011/2012

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2011/2012

Postby Goat Herder » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Smasha wrote:hey oxy thief, what is the chance of purchasing one of your plaing shirts (vist shirt) not yours personally :oops:
dont want to play for vista (sorry) but collect all team shirts , willing to pay for it, ....
would look good with smasha or baldo written on the back :twisted:

Hey Smasha,

Just spoke to O2 Thief, who said that if you can wait until September, he'll order you one along with any others required. Otherwise it's $60 - vs $35 approx if ordered in numbers. ;)

He'll be in touch with ya before then - he's just offline at the minute due to a technical glitch. 8)
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby dark & stormy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:32 am

It wouldn't hurt to have one just in case, though, Smasha! ;)

And for those who aren't in the know, I heard a whisper 'round the traps that there's now another PhantAm on the planet (and I'm not talking about Rockstar either).[/quote]
gotta have some competition mate 8) be pretty boring if we all played for vista :? besides if I played for you guys that would mean I would have to train :evil: I dont like training :twisted:
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Oxygen Thief » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Smasha wrote:It wouldn't hurt to have one just in case, though, Smasha! ;)

And for those who aren't in the know, I heard a whisper 'round the traps that there's now another PhantAm on the planet (and I'm not talking about Rockstar either).

gotta have some competition mate 8) be pretty boring if we all played for vista :? besides if I played for you guys that would mean I would have to train :evil: I dont like training :twisted:[/quote]

hey Smasha
happy to get you a shirt, as long as you dont use it as an effigy of me on a stake!

i really hope that you hang around NEK and play for them this season. I really enjoy our opening batsman/ opening bowler
rivalry that we have and i know Hoddo and Smitho do as well. And you batting is well, unique!
could understand your reasons for wanting to play turf but you could make a huge difference to our association side.
really wanted to see you play in the last carival but wasnt to be.
Would be a huge loss not just to NEK but to our whole association if you deceided to play elsewhere :(
Oxygen Thief
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Morgan-Cadell

Postby bored » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:47 am

It would be good going back to ducking out of the way of Smasha bowling at me instead of when he belts it at me in indoor cricket currently :lol:

Lets hope he does stay with NEK
bored
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Ted » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:38 pm

get a room cuz ;)
gizzin' on the miz since 2004
Ted

Postby grave digger » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:28 am

The one who looks at GOATS funny krafty is correct you forgot to mention the other side of your shirt was dirty so what else do you do no doubt had squidy ink on it ;)
grave digger

Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby carey » Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:03 am

pretty pi$$ poor turn out at the meeting last night is this a sign of things to come for our league that its on the way out???

i know smash has posted a few times we should merge with another comp or am i reading to much in to it?

i think there were only about 4 club delegates there :shock: ...........
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2796 times
Been liked: 2985 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:36 am

carey wrote:pretty pi$$ poor turn out at the meeting last night is this a sign of things to come for our league that its on the way out???

i know smash has posted a few times we should merge with another comp or am i reading to much in to it?

Dont worry the clubs that weren't there will whinge and complain about stuff this year :lol:
I think a merger between comps is the only way to go..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:47 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
carey wrote:pretty pi$$ poor turn out at the meeting last night is this a sign of things to come for our league that its on the way out???

Dont worry the clubs that weren't there will whinge and complain about stuff this year :lol:

I wouldn't think that they'd all go into the same comp though given their geographic location.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby auto » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:20 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:

I wasnt there so im gonna whinge...

Unless and until we have a proactive committee looking at the future of the association then its inevitable we will disbain as a comp. I am doubtful on a merger as we have nothing to offer other than a few small clubs and a national championships.
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:50 pm

i think there were only about 4 club delegates there ...........

South Australian cricket in general is well overdue for an overhaul, and not just the metro comps. :roll: There's a distinct lack of structure, innovation and foresight across the board. How long has our Grade comp been littered with blokes who are realistically B Grade level?!? I've said it before, and I'll say it again, Greg Chappell nailed it one when he was the SACA Cricketing Director (or whatever his title was) by suggesting that A Grade District cricket be segregated into 4 teams based on demographic groupings (Ie; West Torrens, Woodville & Port Adelaide in the western 'burbs etc) where the best of the best compete against each other. How can it NOT improve the overall level of cricket and at least bridge the gap between A Grade District & 'Shield?!?? :? You only need look at the current SA Shield squad to see how many 'home-grown' players are contracted.

An old saying I like to use is "a fish stinks from the head down", and in this case, it's the SACA, who sprout off that they give back to grass roots cricket, but in actual fact they do SFA. AND they're 20yrs behind the rest of the Nation! :roll:

It would take someone completely oblivious (or holding a deck of aces up his sleeve..) to the pattern we are all seeing in C&CCA to suggest that the comp will improve & thrive. It is most certainly inevitable that numbers will dwindle to the point where merger is the only solution. And as LMcQ alluded to, an actual merger of comps is demographically unlikely. Which is effectively a "disbanding" of C&CCA. :( Heck, we couldn't even drum up an actual U21 side for the SAMCA comp last season - we had to get permission to field blokes 23yo and under to put a side on the park.. :shock: Five years ago we had some talented U21's and n o problems picking a side and having to leave others out. How soon the worm turns..

I dunno what the answer is to be honest. Has the horse already bolted?? Possibly. But one thing's for certain.. If something drastic doesn't happen soon, we will be gone in 5yrs. Not like me to be the doomsday prophet, but it'll take a bloody miracle for our comp to get up off the canvass and start to thrive again. :(
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:18 am

What if clubs were forced to play in zones instead of electing which comps they competed in?
For instance Bangladesh Tigers and TTG in the PDCA would then compete in C&CCA, Seaton would compete in A&SCA, Wasley from PDCA the Barossa league etc etc.

Surely the boundaries for zones could be constructed so there was a good even spread of clubs in each? Just a thought..
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby dark & stormy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:What if clubs were forced to play in zones instead of electing which comps they competed in?
For instance Bangladesh Tigers and TTG in the PDCA would then compete in C&CCA, Seaton would compete in A&SCA, Wasley from PDCA the Barossa league etc etc.

Surely the boundaries for zones could be constructed so there was a good even spread of clubs in each? Just a thought..

its funny how all these ideas flow on this site but nothing is ever looked at :evil:
so by the looks we will just play in this comp until it is no more......imo
would be nice if we could see a possible future for c&cca but I fear it is on the decline and declining rapidly.
I am one of those people that love the game but does not have time to help as much as I would like. good ideas phantom and that would be a reasonable move but can you see it ever happening ?
for the future of amateur cricket I hope so. just my thought.
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:25 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:What if clubs were forced to play in zones instead of electing which comps they competed in?

I would say that the governing bodies wouldn't see it as their duty to clean up someone else's mess. I'm pretty sure a comp in the Adelaide Plains region has diminished to 3 sides and is about to finish up, without having a dig at you guys, there's been countless posters in this thread complaining about your executive committee not being pro-active or acknowledging problems that get highlighted.
What I found the most absurd was how they were aware of players playing under false names but failed to bring justice to the comp a couple of seasons ago.
One of the best things I like about the PDCA is their willingness to listen or to ask the clubs for constructive criticism or opinions, they are flexible and don't just say it's their way or the highway.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:I would say that the governing bodies wouldn't see it as their duty to clean up someone else's mess. I'm pretty sure a comp in the Adelaide Plains region has diminished to 3 sides and is about to finish up, without having a dig at you guys, there's been countless posters in this thread complaining about your executive committee not being pro-active or acknowledging problems that get highlighted.
What I found the most absurd was how they were aware of players playing under false names but failed to bring justice to the comp a couple of seasons ago.
One of the best things I like about the PDCA is their willingness to listen or to ask the clubs for constructive criticism or opinions, they are flexible and don't just say it's their way or the highway.

Fair call, i was only making conversation :lol:
Yes, can't see any governing body wanting to get involved, can't see some other assoc who are growing and prospering be willing to then sacrifice part of that for the sake of another competition. Unfortunate? Yes possibly, but at the end of the day I guess the onus lies on those running the comps and those involved to continue to grow there comp etc. Churches lack any recruitment or development strategic planning and lack juniors sides/competition as well as most sides not actually being sporting clubs with venues to help raise revenue etc, so IMO it was always destined to go down this path.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Smasha wrote:its funny how all these ideas flow on this site but nothing is ever looked at :evil:

Any suggestions why? It's all good to throw out ideas on a public forum, but the ideas need to be thoroughly planned and though out to actually be able to work. I'm sure if someone really cared enough about their idea, they would write up a proposal and cover all bases and present it to the executive to be voted on, but in all honesty I think people are just far too lazy - it's easier to sit back and point out the deficiencies etc than to do something to fix it.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:I would say that the governing bodies wouldn't see it as their duty to clean up someone else's mess. I'm pretty sure a comp in the Adelaide Plains region has diminished to 3 sides and is about to finish up, without having a dig at you guys, there's been countless posters in this thread complaining about your executive committee not being pro-active or acknowledging problems that get highlighted.

Fair call, i was only making conversation :lol:
Yes, can't see any governing body wanting to get involved, can't see some other assoc who are growing and prospering be willing to then sacrifice part of that for the sake of another competition. Unfortunate? Yes possibly, but at the end of the day I guess the onus lies on those running the comps and those involved to continue to grow there comp etc. Churches lack any recruitment or development strategic planning and lack juniors sides/competition as well as most sides not actually being sporting clubs with venues to help raise revenue etc, so IMO it was always destined to go down this path.

Yeah, I hope for the sake of all those involved in the Churches comp that they get some support on the committee and start moving forward. It's clubs that make an association and they all need to be involved.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Goat Herder » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:52 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Fair call, i was only making conversation :lol:

Not 100% true. Since I returned to C&CCA in about 02/03, the Association has always been willing to provide a vehicle for 'juniors' (U21's) to compete in inter-Association matches. You, moreso than most blokes, would know that. The big sticking point is that there has not always been players in the age category willing to put their hands up and compete at that level. So when you put it out there and get a shithouse response, who is going to offer their spare time to flog a clearly dead horse..?!? :? :evil:

Rewind 5yrs to 2006 when SA hosted the National Championships at Rostrevor & C&CCA supplied two teams, which you were an important part of. At least half of the Gold side was full of U21 blokes, as well as at least 2x U21's in the Red side. 2yrs later, how many of those 'juniors' went to Melbourne for the next Carnival? A : Two! :roll: And 4yrs later in Sydney, how many? A : One. :roll: Loyalty and committment in our Association from those blokes who were happy to run around wearing our logo back in 2006 has been non-existent. :evil:
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:30 pm

Goat Herder wrote:
Not 100% true. Since I returned to C&CCA in about 02/03, the Association has always been willing to provide a vehicle for 'juniors' (U21's) to compete in inter-Association matches. You, moreso than most blokes, would know that. The big sticking point is that there has not always been players in the age category willing to put their hands up and compete at that level. So when you put it out there and get a shithouse response, who is going to offer their spare time to flog a clearly dead horse..?!? :? :evil:

Rewind 5yrs to 2006 when SA hosted the National Championships at Rostrevor & C&CCA supplied two teams, which you were an important part of. At least half of the Gold side was full of U21 blokes, as well as at least 2x U21's in the Red side. 2yrs later, how many of those 'juniors' went to Melbourne for the next Carnival? A : Two! :roll: And 4yrs later in Sydney, how many? A : One. :roll: Loyalty and committment in our Association from those blokes who were happy to run around wearing our logo back in 2006 has been non-existent. :evil:

Must be hard to attract U21's when you don't have a junior program, most 18 to 20 year olds are established players at their club of origin.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Goat Herder wrote:Not 100% true. Since I returned to C&CCA in about 02/03, the Association has always been willing to provide a vehicle for 'juniors' (U21's) to compete in inter-Association matches. You, moreso than most blokes, would know that. The big sticking point is that there has not always been players in the age category willing to put their hands up and compete at that level. So when you put it out there and get a shithouse response, who is going to offer their spare time to flog a clearly dead horse..?!? :? :evil:

I was more referring to junior competition within the association - and not u/21s im talking actual juniors, kids.
See whilst it's great to provide the opportunity for inter-association matches, you need to have the players in the competition in the 1st place, and without junior feeder comp it just doesnt happen. With the exception of a few clubs, I wonder whether any of these clubs actually try and promote and recruit to their clubs?!
Yes indeed wind back several years ago and there were an abundance of u/21 kids running around, the competition back then also had two Marion sides, Blackwood, Croydon, Tea Tree Gully.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps