SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2011/2012

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2011/2012

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:34 pm

The other downside with C&CCA is the gap between grades. Whilst your grade 1 is of a reasonable standard, the drop to grade 2 is significant and then the drop to grade 3 is even greater.
For some players, they may not be good enough for the top grade but may be too good for the grades lower.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Goat Herder » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:15 pm

Fully agree guys.

Problems like the ones we talk about are the result of a lack of foresight 20yrs ago when grades F & G were in existence in C&CCA - where dads played in the same team as their sons. THAT is where a regimented junior program should've been implemented and put into full swing! But we missed the boat, and have continued to miss the boat, until the hull has rotted beyond repair... ;) (love my marine-based analogies.. :roll: :lol: ). At Walkerville alone, we had an U13 & U17 team - and that was just ONE Club! :roll:

I guess we can sit back & point the finger all we like to those who've gone before us and made (or haven't made) certain decisions. You can also rabble on about how hard it is these days to get the kids off the Xbox/laptop/iPhone, and while that certainly is a factor circa 2011, it doesn't explain why other comps have junior programs. Also harder with more ppl having to work weekends, but once again, doesn't explain why other comps.................... :roll:

Just very, VERY disappointing to see the Association you've given your heart & soul to for 20yrs die in the rear end, hence why I get so emotional & fired up over it's inevitable demise. :(
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby carey » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:07 pm

typewriter wrote:Hey, have any of you guys heard about a winter T20 competition owned and run by a private company is currently blossoming in the parklands? The competition is apparently part of a worldwide network that keeps stats and compares performances from Sri Lanka, India, Britain, New Zealand and South Africa on an easily accessible website. Just thought it was worth noting... If ALL associations don't start thinking differently about cricket, it may well be taken out of their hands...

is this the one played on sundays?
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:18 pm

typewriter wrote:Hey, have any of you guys heard about a winter T20 competition owned and run by a private company is currently blossoming in the parklands? The competition is apparently part of a worldwide network that keeps stats and compares performances from Sri Lanka, India, Britain, New Zealand and South Africa on an easily accessible website. Just thought it was worth noting... If ALL associations don't start thinking differently about cricket, it may well be taken out of their hands...

It's played all year round and is shit lol. Last man standing comp.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:19 pm

Goat Herder wrote:Just very, VERY disappointing to see the Association you've given your heart & soul to for 20yrs die in the rear end, hence why I get so emotional & fired up over it's inevitable demise. :(

:ymhug: :ymhug: aww big hugs for the big fella
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:04 am

typewriter wrote:
Phantom Gossiper wrote:

It's played all year round and is shit lol. Last man standing comp.

It might be shit mate, but it is attracting players... How shit is C&CCA if all it's done for the last five years is lose players and clubs?

Sometimes your logic is whack Phantaaaaam. Where's Hutchy when we need him?

Hutchy's moved in with Rita.....i know this coz i seen krafty whilst i was out shopping and he said rockstar told him that hutchy broke up with his ex but now its all happy days with hutchy and rita dancing in the rain.....
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby dark & stormy » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:09 am

yes mate, I play out there on sundays, 8 a side , good laugh. talent is lacking in a few sides but some other sides are pretty strong.
t20 the game invented for people like me.......fat and old.... 8) :twisted:
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby Magpies96 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am

Just to give some good news guys, and trying to be positive, but Fitzroy are on the road to having two junior sides this year, which has always been our aim once we got our 3 senior teams right. With a younger A grade side once again making the GF, and our C's winning div 4, we just need to get our B grade competitive, we think it is time to start with juniors. We are lucky to have a community club and junior football teams we can call on which other clubs unfortunately do not.
Fitzroy Cricket Club
Magpies96
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am

Magpies96 wrote:Just to give some good news guys, and trying to be positive, but Fitzroy are on the road to having two junior sides this year, which has always been our aim once we got our 3 senior teams right. With a younger A grade side once again making the GF, and our C's winning div 4, we just need to get our B grade competitive, we think it is time to start with juniors. We are lucky to have a community club and junior football teams we can call on which other clubs unfortunately do not.

What comp would your juniors play in?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7929 times

Postby bored » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:54 pm

Smasha wrote:

yes mate, I play out there on sundays, 8 a side , good laugh. talent is lacking in a few sides but some other sides are pretty strong.
t20 the game invented for people like me.......fat and old.... 8) :twisted:

is this because you dont play enough cricket during the week? ;)
bored
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time

Postby Magpies96 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:24 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Magpies96 wrote:Just to give some good news guys, and trying to be positive, but Fitzroy are on the road to having two junior sides this year, which has always been our aim once we got our 3 senior teams right. With a younger A grade side once again making the GF, and our C's winning div 4, we just need to get our B grade competitive, we think it is time to start with juniors. We are lucky to have a community club and junior football teams we can call on which other clubs unfortunately do not.

What comp would your juniors play in?

We are most probably going to WSJCA. Still got a fair way to go, but the wheels are in motion.
Fitzroy Cricket Club
Magpies96
Under 16s

Postby grave digger » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:14 pm

To those few who complain winge bitch and moan about the state of the comp that they do or do not play in put that energy into HELPING .just imagine what might happen less talk more action to see what a MAN like Tige does selfless hard working CHAMPION stand up and put in .AW Iwould buttttt but what
grave digger

Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby auto » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:52 am

grave digger wrote:To those few who complain winge bitch and moan about the state of the comp that they do or do not play in put that energy into HELPING .just imagine what might happen less talk more action to see what a MAN like Tige does selfless hard working CHAMPION stand up and put in .AW Iwould buttttt but what

.....but i work afternoon shift
auto
League - Top 5

Postby auto » Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:14 am

grave digger wrote:To those few who complain winge bitch and moan about the state of the comp that they do or do not play in put that energy into HELPING .just imagine what might happen less talk more action to see what a MAN like Tige does selfless hard working CHAMPION stand up and put in .AW Iwould buttttt but what

...but i suffer from Decidophobia and therefore would be of no help whatsoever.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby dark & stormy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:47 am

ok , I am putting my hand up to help out any way I can........
when.... where.....and what time and what do you need......
ready when you are requiring my help.......this is a real hand if you need me. no jokes.
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby auto » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:05 am

I got some dishes you can do.....oh and the weeds are getting out of control if you got time, and no not those kind of weeds ;)
auto
League - Top 5

Postby carey » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:40 pm

Smasha wrote:

ok , I am putting my hand up to help out any way I can........
when.... where.....and what time and what do you need......
ready when you are requiring my help.......this is a real hand if you need me. no jokes.

I to am happy to help but i'm hard pressed for time to be honest but will do what i can.
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby grave digger » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:55 pm

Auto no need to say as i have not met every man in the world yet but there is a need for a very good looking front man ie. billboards ,posters and such iam tipping your the man .
grave digger

Grassroots Team: Moonta

Postby auto » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 am

grave digger wrote:Auto no need to say as i have not met every man in the world yet but there is a need for a very good looking front man ie. billboards ,posters and such iam tipping your the man .

Indeed mate, when i get back from Milan i'll let my managment team know to open up my schedule for the print media campaign.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby auto » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:11 am

Whilst i agree people pitching in to help clubs and indeed the comp helps, unless there's a master plan our comp is **** ed. ATM there's no vision, no master plan and no future. Its pretty unfortunate coz im pretty fond of this comp, and beating Vi$ta in a grand final is what we all get up on a summer's saturday morning for.
I'm sure there's some executive members who'll read this and roll their eyes (another person having a go at us who doesnt help out), but rest assured i wish the best for the comp but alas i dont have the time to help out my own club let alone the exec... in fact ill be lucky to train or play at all this year.
So my advice is unless there's a master plan, a strategy to grow the comp, a special committee with the correct people on it to run with the master plan...then people pitching in around the place isnt gonna make much of a difference to the big picture.

Headhunt the right people, get advice from the SACA, and get a master plan ASAP.....or the few strong clubs left will soon be leaving.
auto
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps