SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2011/2012

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2011/2012

Postby auto » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:20 pm

If it's Carey then no doubt Mawson Lakes Norf Cricket Club would disband.
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby simmo » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:07 pm

typewriter wrote:Welcome aboard Simmo... From Enfield, hey? Perhaps you could confirm for us exactly how many teams Enfield will have in Div 3 this year? :P

Typy has no (t)rumours at this early stage, but I can say that Harry still has a sore boob.

thanks for the welcome typy. not sure how many teams were having this year. well find out at agm. cant imagine wed be nominating for divy 1 unless assoc only has 1 div.
simmo
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Greenacres

Postby Goat Herder » Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:12 pm

I also departed the (then) SA Churches Cricket Association to take up a capt/coach role in Prem Grade Adelaide Turf after the 97/98 season, and Walkerville put pressure on me to bring other players with me. I point blank refused, for 2 reasons..

a) If players wanted to move to turf, they did so of their own accord, not because I got in their ear.

b) I had FAR too much respect for my Club, the SACCA and the people who devoted their time & effort into running the competition, and indeed those who organise the Representative Team, who obviously rely on the most talented (committed, competitive, etc, etc.) players to compete at that level, to actively poach players from the SACCA. And as the then captain of the Rep Side at that time, it would've been easy to do so. But I had, and still have, far too much INTEGRITY to pull off an unscrupulous recruiting drive like that. ;)

So while I would NEVER begrudge anyone wanting to compete at a higher level, I'd like to implore those who are thinking of making the move to make the decision to either go or not, and if they do go, if they have ANY respect or regard for the C&CCA & those who bust their guts year in & year out, do it without trying to decimate an already-ailing competition.

The end. ;)
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby dark & stormy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:49 pm

not trying to recruit anyone.....
not saying I am leaving ....
not saying I am staying .....
just posted that anyone was welcome to go and have a look......
leave the rest upto idle gossip 8)
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby dark & stormy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:51 pm

p.s goaty......thought you knew me a bit better than that. :evil:
dark & stormy
Reserves

Postby Goat Herder » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:00 pm

Smasha wrote:not trying to recruit anyone.....
not saying I am leaving ....
not saying I am staying .....
just posted that anyone was welcome to go and have a look......
leave the rest upto idle gossip 8)

a) Never said you were or weren't.
b) Ditto..
c) Of course, I've already said I don't begrudge anyone wanting to challenge themselves at a higher level. That would be highly hypocritical of me. ;)
d) Lots to gossip about and conclusions to jump to I guess, where open-ended speculation and innuendo is concerned. ;)

Not accusing anyone of doing anything in fact. Just a timely reminder, it seems apparent, to whomever may be looking to change Associations, whether it be Adel Turf, District or otherwise, to consider the state of an already-fragile & vulnerable Cricket Association before they decide to try & assemble their own C&CCA Super Side in another comp. 8)
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby OKC! » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:28 pm

Smasha wrote:rumour has it....... that a certain paralowie player might be interested in coming to GEPPS CROSS TURF....
all interested players are invited.........becoming a reasonable side for 2011/2012 .. maybe 8)

Ha, might have to have a word to him!

If anyone is looking to make the switch, let me know. Geppies would love as many as we can get.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby scooter_ » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:23 pm

GEEE things are certainly getting fiery on the blog before a ball is even bowled.... good to see !!

whats the latest on Vista are they staying or going ?? now that would be a big loss to the comp maybe even the demise.
scooter_

Postby auto » Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:59 am

OKC! wrote:
Smasha wrote:rumour has it....... that a certain paralowie player might be interested in coming to GEPPS CROSS TURF....
all interested players are invited.........becoming a reasonable side for 2011/2012 .. maybe 8)

If anyone is looking to make the switch, let me know. Geppies would love as many as we can get.

How much dough could i get?....Im a Gun bat, can bowl an over or two of explosive mediums, an over of doosras if needed and i am definetely marketable if you need a "face" of the club.....PM me and ill send you my managers phone number.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby dark & stormy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:14 am

auto wrote:
OKC! wrote:

How much dough could i get?....Im a Gun bat, can bowl an over or two of explosive mediums, an over of doosras if needed and i am definetely marketable if you need a "face" of the club.....PM me and ill send you my managers phone number.

not enough money for you and me mate.....yes they get handsomeness with you but with me they get the whole package.....a fat gut an old man and the best of all ..... a ranga....when hair not dyed :lol: so you might have to be 12th man old son ... ;)
dark & stormy
Reserves

Postby Dancing in the rain » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:13 am

Hey guys i am looking for a hard wicket club in the inner northern suburbs and wondering if someone can let me know which club i could go to. i played c/d grade district and recently played turf but looking for a change.
Dancing in the rain
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby auto » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:14 am

Smasha wrote:
auto wrote:
OKC! wrote:

not enough money for you and me mate.....yes they get handsomeness with you but with me they get the whole package.....a fat gut an old man and the best of all ..... a ranga....when hair not dyed :lol: so you might have to be 12th man old son ... ;)

Not interested in being 12th man mate, i'll go to the IPL instead.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby auto » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

Dancing in the rain wrote:Hey guys i am looking for a hard wicket club in the inner northern suburbs and wondering if someone can let me know which club i could go to. i played c/d grade district and recently played turf but looking for a change.

What talents do you have mate? We can roll dexter out for ya and get ya a perfect match haha.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby auto » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:20 am

auto wrote:
Dancing in the rain wrote:Hey guys i am looking for a hard wicket club in the inner northern suburbs and wondering if someone can let me know which club i could go to. i played c/d grade district and recently played turf but looking for a change.

What talents do you have mate? We can roll dexter out for ya and get ya a perfect match haha.

For Pidge and Hollywood, dexter is in the middle

Attachments
de.jpg
de.jpg (79.09 KiB) Viewed 854 times
auto
League - Top 5

Postby Goat Herder » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:23 pm

OKC! wrote:Ha, might have to have a word to him!

Why not I guess. Already hobbled Morialta. May as well take aim at Paralowie now & kill them off once & for all.... :roll: ;)
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Pistol » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey Goat,

just a thought but have you ever thought about running for Pres of the association? I think it's fair to say (from someone outside of the execs point of view) that the association isn't exactly making a lot of progress in regards to it's brand and putting policies in place to rejuvenate it's image to make it a stronger and more respected comp.

Someone like yourself (and only if you had time to committ and were interested) i think could make a lot of positive changes to the association
NEKCC I Wouldn't Play Anywhere Else If You Paid Me!!!
Pistol
Rookie

Postby Oxygen Thief » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:43 pm

scooter_ wrote:GEEE things are certainly getting fiery on the blog before a ball is even bowled.... good to see !!

whats the latest on Vista are they staying or going ?? now that would be a big loss to the comp maybe even the demise.

i doubt it would be the demise if we did leave but as the exec. has no talks about the future then demise is inevatable. whats that saying fail to plan and you plan to fail??

PVLCC will not be leaving the comp in the immediate future as as a club we have not had a chance to talk about it internally much but it will be a long term objective. As president i want to personally make sure that we have had enough discussion on the issue and make sure that its a club choice, not just because I think its the right direction to go in. Personally i love our association, i have been apart of it for about 18 years but i have doubts about its future, mainly due to lack of exec. foresight. We should be offering incentives for other clubs to come across to our comp. but again, that requires foresight. At the moment the exec. only think up to the next national championships, which for me is a big concern.
Oxygen Thief
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Morgan-Cadell

Postby Goat Herder » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:47 pm

Pistol wrote:Hey Goat,

just a thought but have you ever thought about running for Pres of the association? I think it's fair to say (from someone outside of the execs point of view) that the association isn't exactly making a lot of progress in regards to it's brand and putting policies in place to rejuvenate it's image to make it a stronger and more respected comp.

Someone like yourself (and only if you had time to committ and were interested) i think could make a lot of positive changes to the association

If only there were that many hours in the day mate... :lol: Dedicating time to the rep side is time-consuming enough for the small amount of spare time I have at my disposal, although I do appreciate the vote of confidence. ;)

As a result of said lack of spare time, I regretably have reliquished my coaching role at PV. :( Truth be known I had absolutely NIL input to PV's success last year and minimally the year before, so they certainly won't miss me. :lol: I have every intention of continuing with the rep side though for at least the next 2yrs. In the meantime however, there is much fishing to be done my friend! :lol: PS; Make sure you grab a glimpse of the Aug/Sep edition of SAA... ;)

For what it's worth, I think the appointments of both M.Wiles and P.Taylor to the Exec last year were fantastic. Both guys are passionate about their Clubs & the Assoc, as well as being level-headed, sensible blokes. Once again, the main problem that exists is there's no shortage of people willing to offer input, but no-one willing to do the hard yards. You could say that it's due to people having to work longer hours these days etc, etc, but the same thing's been happening for years - Which is why the likes of Tige are still heavily involved. It's an age-old problem that exists at many Clubs & Associations, and not just the sport of cricket.

Fully agree though mate, that the lack of planning for the future is quite disturbing, and at this stage I can see an inter-Assoc merger again within the next 10yrs, or risk disappearing forever. Sad, but true.
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Cougar » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Any news on the teams that are likely to play off for the SAMCA Cup. Understand there will now be 8 teams considered from SACCCA Association that will be put through the qualifying stages and if so when are they possibly going to play these matches? Sundays?
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Need to be a bit more descriptive than that mate :shock: What suburb?
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps