SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2011/2012

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: SA Churches and Community Cricket Association 2011/2012

Postby auto » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:36 pm

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
Goat Herder wrote:
auto wrote:Good news goatie...Matty Sandford will be opening the batting this year. He'll also be batting at three, four, five, seven and nine. He'll open the bowling, come on first change and thro some tweakers in also.

Hahaha! :lol: Good to see our cloning program starting to bear fruit... ;) :lol:

Or maybe everyone at Fitzroy is just on a "Seafood" diet? :lol:

Someone mention food?
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby auto » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:45 am

** Media Release **

Tommy K would like to announce his retirement from first class churches cricket to concentrate on his burgeoning football career. Following on from his team managerial role in B grade football, Tommy has decided, after extensive talks with his management team and family, to retrace the steps of great uncle Harold K, and make a name for himself on the footy field. Any companies or wealthy individuals interested in sponsoring a hot new commodity can contact Tommy's manager R.Nixon on 555 5463. We'd be particularly interested to hear from individuals with first aid experience or anyone who can offer a defibrilator.
auto
League - Top 5

Postby SUNS » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 am

auto wrote:** Media Release **

Tommy K would like to announce his retirement from first class churches cricket to concentrate on his burgeoning football career. Following on from his team managerial role in B grade football, Tommy has decided, after extensive talks with his management team and family, to retrace the steps of great uncle Harold K, and make a name for himself on the footy field. Any companies or wealthy individuals interested in sponsoring a hot new commodity can contact Tommy's manager R.Nixon on 555 5463. We'd be particularly interested to hear from individuals with first aid experience or anyone who can offer a defibrilator.

Ive heard there is a young 17yo girl looking to Interview TOMMY K. Happy to meet in any hotel room of Tommy's choice. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
SUNS
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby SUNS » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:40 pm

Removed post ;)
Last edited by SUNS on Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SUNS
Rookie

Postby auto » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Me too ;)
auto
League - Top 5

Postby runmiser » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:59 pm

Anyone who can run around (not just standing at Mid On) with three litres of FUIC in his guts needs all the support he can get. Atleast any Sat arvo agro will now be during the Winter.
There are two sides out there today, only one is playing cricket. Us of course.
runmiser
Mini-League

Postby auto » Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:27 pm

runmiser wrote:

Anyone who can run around (not just standing at Mid On) with three litres of FUIC in his guts needs all the support he can get. Atleast any Sat arvo agro will now be during the Winter.

Some mite find this laughable but tommy only has one meal a week, the rest of his nutrients comes from FUIC......the food of champions
auto
League - Top 5

Postby dark & stormy » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:42 am

TEAM RITA...............WINS THE INDOOR CRICKET GRAND FINAL 151 - 77 ...........
WELL DONE TO THE LADS.... HODDO, ARRON & TYSON ROLING , MARTINI , SMITHY (AKA HULK)
ME (BALDO AKA SMASHA) STEVE (ROSE PARK)
ALL I CAN SAY IS WE HAD PLAYERS FROM ... FITZROY....ROSE PARK....PARA VISTA.....NEK.....
C&CCA TRULY GOT REPRESENTED BY MOST CLUBS IN CHURCHES COMP.
WE PUT THE SIDE IN AGAIN FOR NEXT SEASON (IN TWO WEEKS) WE WANT MORE PLAYERS FROM C&CCA
TO PLAY , DONT CARE ABOUT A GRADE OR B GRADE OR ANY OTHER GRADE THAT YOU PLAY IN , ALL WELCOME....
COME AND HAVE A HIT AND A LAUGH WITH THE GUYS YOU WOULD NORMALLY ONLY PLAY AGAINST ON A SAT.....
LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERESTED IN PLAYING OR ONE OF THE OTHER LADS MENTIONED ABOVE.
COME HAVE A GO LADS........... :twisted:
dark & stormy
Reserves

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 4 times

Postby auto » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:55 am

Congratulations and well done for organising it all Smasha
auto
League - Top 5

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:14 pm

Smasha wrote:TEAM RITA...............WINS THE INDOOR CRICKET GRAND FINAL 151 - 77 ...........
WELL DONE TO THE LADS.... HODDO, ARRON & TYSON ROLING , MARTINI , SMITHY (AKA HULK)
ALL I CAN SAY IS WE HAD PLAYERS FROM ... FITZROY....ROSE PARK....PARA VISTA.....NEK.....
WE PUT THE SIDE IN AGAIN FOR NEXT SEASON (IN TWO WEEKS) WE WANT MORE PLAYERS FROM C&CCA
TO PLAY , DONT CARE ABOUT A GRADE OR B GRADE OR ANY OTHER GRADE THAT YOU PLAY IN , ALL WELCOME....
COME AND HAVE A HIT AND A LAUGH WITH THE GUYS YOU WOULD NORMALLY ONLY PLAY AGAINST ON A SAT.....
LET ME KNOW IF YOUR INTERESTED IN PLAYING OR ONE OF THE OTHER LADS MENTIONED ABOVE.

Congrats on the win TEAM RITA!! 8)

Well done Baldo for getting it off the ground and the lads on their performances. The team thrived once you weeded out the unreliables... ;) :lol: :lol:
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time

Postby Cougar » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Smasha wrote:TEAM RITA...............WINS THE INDOOR CRICKET GRAND FINAL 151 - 77 ...........

Well done Team Rita. Great work Smasha in organising and good to hear the lads are going around again. =D>

You blokes did do it easy though :shock:
Cougar
League - Best 21

Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Goat Herder » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:51 pm

Good to see Nealy make a run too Cougs... :shock: ;) :lol: :lol:
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby bara-stick » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Congratulations on the win i am confident rita would be proud
1. Moses 2. Smasha 3. powerport 4. Carey 5. open for nominations
bara-stick
Under 16s

Been liked: 2 times

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:52 pm

Have heard Enfield have appointed club stalwart Steve Wise as club president.

I think this is a good move for the club, hopefully he can remain committed and focused.

Have also heard a few players looking to nominate for captaincy are going to apply for a lower grade if over looked for the job in the higher grade. :shock:

.. surely if you are good enough to captain a side or believe yourself capable, then you shouldnt even be considered for a lower grade?!
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Has liked: 402 times
Been liked: 285 times

Postby Goat Herder » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:17 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:Have heard Enfield have appointed club stalwart Steve Wise as club president.

I think this is a good move for the club, hopefully he can remain committed and focused.

Have also heard a few players looking to nominate for captaincy are going to apply for a lower grade if over looked for the job in the higher grade. :shock:

.. surely if you are good enough to captain a side or believe yourself capable, then you shouldnt even be considered for a lower grade?!

New prez, same old culture. ;) Looks like another bumper year coming up for ECC. :lol: Doesn't matter how focused or committed the president is when he has to deal with this sort of self-absorbed behaviour. :?
Goat Herder
League - Best 21

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:23 am

Goat Herder wrote:New prez, same old culture. ;) Looks like another bumper year coming up for ECC. :lol: Doesn't matter how focused or committed the president is when he has to deal with this sort of self-absorbed behaviour. :?

Sweep out the rubbish and try to encourage a change in culture. They need to start somewhere, otherwise they will go down the same path as so many clubs before them and be remembered in past tense only.. Good luck to Wisey, at least he has the testicular fortitude to stand up and not cower or hide and avoid confrontation like some recent presidents.
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:28 am

I've also heard out of the Enfield camp, that promising youngster Jarrod McLeod has been lured down the road to Fitzroy with promises of riches and glory :roll:

No offence to the young kid but think his ego is miles ahead of his ability at this point in time..

... wait on..

That sounds just like me! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:59 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:I've also heard out of the Enfield camp, that promising youngster Jarrod McLeod has been lured down the road to Fitzroy with promises of riches and glory :roll:

No offence to the young kid but think his ego is miles ahead of his ability at this point in time..

... wait on..

That sounds just like me! :lol:

Coooool.....I'll take him under my wing and teach him the ins and outs of quality fast bolwing
auto
League - Top 5

Postby Phantom Gossiper » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:10 am

auto wrote:Coooool.....I'll take him under my wing and teach him the ins and outs of quality fast bolwing

So we can expect quick fire 100s from him them ;) as a bowler! :lol:
Phantom Gossiper
Coach

Postby auto » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:19 am

Phantom Gossiper wrote:
auto wrote:Coooool.....I'll take him under my wing and teach him the ins and outs of quality fast bolwing

So we can expect quick fire 100s from him them ;) as a bowler! :lol:

sad but true mate ;)
auto
League - Top 5

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps