Great Southern Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association 2011/12

Postby words of wisdom » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 pm

Black Duck wrote:
THE ECLIPSE wrote:Hear hear sick or reading their crap on how good and successful they r going to be!

More to the point noticed myponga (non a graders) flogged enc bay b grade only three down. So glad the assoc was soft and let them play b grade.
Pathetic if I was the southern boys I wouldn't want to come to an association that is dictated to by certain clubs.

Going through the team everyone that played for Myponga on the weekend in my eyes are B Grade cricketers. I was told that Patterson, Wal Hutchinson, and Tilt were prevented from playing B Grade by the GSCA board. However, they were also told they could play for a rival club and wouldn't be stopped from playing B Grade cricket at that club. Seems to be some inconsistency there from the board. If these players dont move clubs watch out one-day comp!!!

Patto was banned? Couldn't get an A grade game at Dingy but after 1 season in A grade at Pongy has now been banned from A grade???
words of wisdom
League - Best 21

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Burr

Postby Black Duck » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:49 am

the red baron wrote:
Black Duck wrote:
THE ECLIPSE wrote:Hear hear sick or reading their crap on how good and successful they r going to be!

More to the point noticed myponga (non a graders) flogged enc bay b grade only three down. So glad the assoc was soft and let them play b grade.
Pathetic if I was the southern boys I wouldn't want to come to an association that is dictated to by certain clubs.

Going through the team everyone that played for Myponga on the weekend in my eyes are B Grade cricketers. I was told that Patterson, Wal Hutchinson, and Tilt were prevented from playing B Grade by the GSCA board. However, they were also told they could play for a rival club and wouldn't be stopped from playing B Grade cricket at that club. Seems to be some inconsistency there from the board. If these players dont move clubs watch out one-day comp!!!
are you saying although they have been banned from b grade they can still play one day comp? :? :?

True, one-day comp is completely independent of the other grades. Anyone can play and I have been told this would be the only option for these guys to play at their home club.
Black Duck
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Black Duck » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:53 am

words of wisdom wrote:
Black Duck wrote:

Patto was banned? Couldn't get an A grade game at Dingy but after 1 season in A grade at Pongy has now been banned from A grade???

Not banned from A Grade, just not allowed to play B Grade at Myponga.
Black Duck
Mini-League

Postby youngpace » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:10 pm

How did Luke "plugga" harding go in his first game back with willunga? any willunga faithful out there to fill me in?
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:12 pm

youngpace wrote:How did Luke "plugga" harding go in his first game back with willunga? any willunga faithful out there to fill me in?

took 4 for 20 odd i think. good to see the great man back in the great southern comp.
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Postby youngpace » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:44 am

Richard Chee Quee wrote:
youngpace wrote:How did Luke "plugga" harding go in his first game back with willunga? any willunga faithful out there to fill me in?

took 4 for 20 odd i think. good to see the great man back in the great southern comp.

Go the plugg, good stuff and good luck to him back at his home club
youngpace
Rookie

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:32 pm

My mail has bloods making a duck again today and his side getting rolled by heaps. Unfortunately, once again, his small cricketing ability failed to back up his big mouth!!! Cue the excuses......
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Postby a.chucka » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:29 pm

Richard Chee Quee wrote:My mail has bloods making a duck again today and his side getting rolled by heaps. Unfortunately, once again, his small cricketing ability failed to back up his big mouth!!! Cue the excuses......

my mail says at least he doesnt throw beer cans at players on to the ground of an a grade game like some ferals :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:
a.chucka
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Burra-Booborowie-Hallett

Postby hamish » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 am

BREAKING NEWS
Port Elliot CC is to send star player Bloods back to the one day comp to find some form as he contiues to fail with the bat . A team mate was over heard last night saying ( i wish he is as good as he thinks he is ) the club refused to comment last night saying all will be released in the press on thursday
hamish
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:23 am

hmmmm....Didnt see the game yesterday but heard elliot all out 64, I am just amazed on how bloods seems to continue to talk both himself and the team up, but after yesterday...ENOUGH SAID. Good work to the Elliot lads for putting up an effort but Depth is something the club lacks.

As for being eager blokes having a go though, have to give them credit always give 100%.
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby The Neck Breather » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:20 am

a.chucka wrote:
Richard Chee Quee wrote:My mail has bloods making a duck again today and his side getting rolled by heaps. Unfortunately, once again, his small cricketing ability failed to back up his big mouth!!! Cue the excuses......

my mail says at least he doesnt throw beer cans at players on to the ground of an a grade game like some ferals :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll:

Good one buddy... Not sure where you heard this one from... It was actually an ice cube...
Also, I wonder if BLOODS will ask to play B grade when Port Elliot take on Encounter Bay, word has it that he's scared of the heat Aaron Moules & Chris Butler can produce....
The Neck Breather
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

Postby Faramir » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:05 am

bit hard when we don't have a B grade bud......
Faramir
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby a.chucka » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:10 am

The Neck Breather wrote:
a.chucka wrote:

Good one buddy... Not sure where you heard this one from... It was actually an ice cube...
Also, I wonder if BLOODS will ask to play B grade when Port Elliot take on Encounter Bay, word has it that he's scared of the heat Aaron Moules & Chris Butler can produce....

still feral as. something youd expect at a southern game :-$ [-x
a.chucka
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Burra-Booborowie-Hallett

Postby hamish » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:41 pm

BLOODS where are you mate ? You talked your self and elliot up but you go missing when the going gets tough .Go and play the one day comp where you could be as good as you think you are fool
hamish
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Callington

Postby WestIndiesWonder24 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Lol nice point Hamish

Good to see Goolwa agaisnt Elliot

Elliots 3 Goolwa recruits made a total of 17 over 2 innings......

But they have depth!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Thinking my Spoon predicition wasnt so silly :)
WestIndiesWonder24
League - Top 5

Grassroots Team: United Aboriginal

Postby Smashed Crab » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:00 pm

Mt Compass undefeated in A, B and C grade. Solid start to the year from the lads. Still a few big 'ins' to don the whites around X-mas time I'm led to believe.
Smashed Crab
Rookie

Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Dave Warner Jr » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:16 pm

Im led to believe that the young junior colt alex num is what is really insipiring the guys to push hard and work to the best of thier abilities, things are just starting to fall into place
Dave Warner Jr
Mini-League

Postby Faramir » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:03 pm

Interesting to note that not only is there a bye in A & B grades, but also in Junior U/16 and U/14 grades. Add to that two clubs have had to withdraw U/14 sides, both of which have no U/16 sides at the moment either. With this and all the ridiculous kerfuffle with Myponga and a lack of A grade teams (something i can't understand why the A grade is barely considered the top-notch by anything other than alphabetical order, from both a playing and seemingly association point of view), the depth of the GSCA overall in 5 years time will be questionable!

(Port) Noarlunga who?
Faramir
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby Richard Chee Quee » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:21 am

looking forward to seeing nummy face butler moulesy this week on the turf. with the weather the way it is, should be a hard and fast deck. very receptive to a bit of board room music. bring your lid zander! :lol: :-t
Richard Chee Quee
Under 16s

Postby The Neck Breather » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:58 am

Richard Chee Quee wrote:looking forward to seeing nummy face butler moulesy this week on the turf. with the weather the way it is, should be a hard and fast deck. very receptive to a bit of board room music. bring your lid zander! :lol: :-t

Dont think we will see Nummy getting on the front foot to often... i heard those 2 lads have been bowling very quick in the nets... Also, i looked at the side that the bays selected for tomorrow & noticed an unfamiliar name... Sam Hoffman? new recruit? any info on him Richard Chee Quee?
The Neck Breather
Mini-League

Grassroots Team: Bridgewater

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps