Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby maxi » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:06 pm

heater31 wrote:
C Horse wrote:im sure the team and coach will be hurting and now the next job is to ward off the inevitable raid of players with adelaide I believe already being very active in recruitment on players from a number of clubs might be a few former buffs looking to return home from around the place.

Buffalos would be silly to not gauge interest in those at rival Division 1 clubs in returning.

Given they finished 3rd in Division 2 and won the promotion final and had a good day in the final not sure they could sustain a whole season.

Wouldn’t think Adelaide need too much maybe a batter and a quick
Gots lots of games into local lads who at the right age to give div 1 a good crack. English lad miller returning as is manenti. A couple of former players more than interested in returning
Unlucky to not win final Davis clearly out on 11 would have left Sturt 5 for 66 with 80 overs left! So I think they’ll be more than competitive
maxi
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 8 times

Postby The Hound » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:50 am

His Dad was not a happy chappy that's for sure!

Wasn't the only one at Brighton Road not happy with the decision to leave him out.

The leadership team clearly identified the need for a quick bowler and top order batter to go one step further, hence the recruitment of Pengelly and Mcinerney, would say it didn't work with the result, with the top order batting failing in finals will they need to target another batter?

Tactics in finals haven't worked is that a result of coaching or players?
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby C Horse » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:43 pm

I think its harsh to pin the gf losses on the coach if its his fault they lost its also well done by him to get them to all of the gf's you can't have it both ways.
as Eagles14 showed the stats the batsmen need to be responsible especially given most played for SA.

team selection is always subjective if you win its right if you dont its wrong Im sure if Higgins was averaging 40 for the season he would hve been selected.
from what I have seen around the club Coach is doing a good job very energetic a nice guy and the players all seem to respect him. plenty of emotions right after 3 GF loss but club is trending in the right direction young pleyers coming through and a couple from B grade getting s chances this year.

Bays will be back.
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:50 pm

C Horse wrote:I think its harsh to pin the gf losses on the coach if its his fault they lost its also well done by him to get them to all of the gf's you can't have it both ways.
as Eagles14 showed the stats the batsmen need to be responsible especially given most played for SA.

team selection is always subjective if you win its right if you dont its wrong Im sure if Higgins was averaging 40 for the season he would hve been selected.
from what I have seen around the club Coach is doing a good job very energetic a nice guy and the players all seem to respect him. plenty of emotions right after 3 GF loss but club is trending in the right direction young pleyers coming through and a couple from B grade getting s chances this year.

Bays will be back.

Agree re coach, McNally is very good coach, prepares amazingly well and players seem to like him.

Would have lost sleep over decision to not play Higgins as his Dad was his assistant last season (not sure what happened there, whether too busy, another role?).

Would every Club like to make all three GF's, absolutely!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 527 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:02 pm

maxi wrote:
heater31 wrote:
C Horse wrote:im sure the team and coach will be hurting and now the next job is to ward off the inevitable raid of players with adelaide I believe already being very active in recruitment on players from a number of clubs might be a few former buffs looking to return home from around the place.

Buffalos would be silly to not gauge interest in those at rival Division 1 clubs in returning.

Given they finished 3rd in Division 2 and won the promotion final and had a good day in the final not sure they could sustain a whole season.

Wouldn’t think Adelaide need too much maybe a batter and a quick
Gots lots of games into local lads who at the right age to give div 1 a good crack. English lad miller returning as is manenti. A couple of former players more than interested in returning
Unlucky to not win final Davis clearly out on 11 would have left Sturt 5 for 66 with 80 overs left! So I think they’ll be more than competitive

The Davis one referred to at 52.30 on video. Tom Kelly standing in the way, but Davis reaction looking behind straight away seems to indicate he hit it. Agree, that would have made very interesting!!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 6:49 pm

Insider_Trading wrote:You would play Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

Think I heard that there was 4 player reports from the Grand Final.
Dissent towards umpires decisions
And a send off also by a Glenelg player.

Frustration at its finest!

Think there were three reports in the end:

McInerney for the Conway send off
Pengelley for dissent after given out LBW
Greber as well.

Tops off big weekend for the Bays. Think all players probably miss Round 1 next season as have suspended sentences already.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Previous

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps