Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:37 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:Happened to be driving past Karen Rolton oval last evening and the lights were on, so I thought I'd have a look and see what was going on. There was an internal trial for the remaining non-BBL Redbacks squad plus others. The lights were fantastic and the oval looked great. I believe the Grade Cricket white ball finals may be played under lights? If so, what a great opportunity for the players.

Been one of the best things SACA has done. Great ground to watch cricket, close to the city. Accessible for women's cricket, club cricket, Shield cricket.

Just need to get a bit more juice in the wicket
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Corona Man » Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:17 pm

bulldogproud wrote:The Ellicott family have moved from Prospect to West Torrens, with Sam and Oliver being named in West Torrens 4ths.
Matt Hayden has been named for Sturt's 4ths ;)
On another note, Matt Kelly made a brilliant 93 off 63 balls to help St Ignatius' defeat PAC last night.
Cheers

Junior just caught one of those Ellicott blokes...
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3485 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:01 am

Corona Man wrote:
bulldogproud wrote:The Ellicott family have moved from Prospect to West Torrens, with Sam and Oliver being named in West Torrens 4ths.
Matt Hayden has been named for Sturt's 4ths ;)
On another note, Matt Kelly made a brilliant 93 off 63 balls to help St Ignatius' defeat PAC last night.
Cheers

Junior just caught one of those Ellicott blokes...

Caught the old man by the looks of it.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4344 times
Been liked: 7921 times

Postby Aeropti » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:50 am

Ladder starting to take shape.

I'd suggest there are 3 teams who should make finals pretty comfortably - Kensington, East Torrens and University.

4th is wide open and I think any team from 4th to 8th would feel they still have a good chance to make finals.

Anyone feel the increase in one day matches will suit certain teams ?
Aeropti

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Unley

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:54 am

Aeropti wrote:Ladder starting to take shape.

I'd suggest there are 3 teams who should make finals pretty comfortably - Kensington, East Torrens and University.

4th is wide open and I think any team from 4th to 8th would feel they still have a good chance to make finals.

Anyone feel the increase in one day matches will suit certain teams ?

Agree with that, clear top three. For me, East Torrens suited by white ball cricket, and having Lehmann all year a bonus. Think Kensy best all round team.

Glenelg will benefit having Sayers playing up to about Round 11, so will nab 4th spot just. Lucky D/L win on weekend a bonus.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:31 pm

Couple of big games this week to test out some of the challengers:

East Torrens vs Sturt at Campbelltown. Sturt have started well and pinched an outright. Can they knock off the Reds?

University vs Port at Uni. Likewise Port. Have started the season well. Genuine contender?

Tea Tree Gully in 11th place and have the bye this week. Thought they'd have a big year with Page and Oakley back in. Giving up some ground. That game before Christmas (hosting Southern District) becomes huge for them
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:20 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Couple of big games this week to test out some of the challengers:

East Torrens vs Sturt at Campbelltown. Sturt have started well and pinched an outright. Can they knock off the Reds?

University vs Port at Uni. Likewise Port. Have started the season well. Genuine contender?

Tea Tree Gully in 11th place and have the bye this week. Thought they'd have a big year with Page and Oakley back in. Giving up some ground. That game before Christmas (hosting Southern District) becomes huge for them

I think he's left TTG and now playing in Tasmania?
Uni should be too good for Port, although their batting may need to improve. It looks like whoever won the toss at Price on Saturday was in the box seat.
Sturt looked like they had a bad day against the Parasites and would hope to bounce back at East Torrens. That should be a good game as ETs are looking strong again this year. As Eagles has said, having Lehmann full time will help their cause, although I think they've lost L Robins for a while?
Hard to know how Woodville are tracking. I heard Dickman has quit SACA and heading back to Darwin? I also did hear Summers has left as well (playing in Sydney?).
Glenelg should be too good for Southern although dropping this one may bite them at the end of the season if it's close for 4th spot.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:14 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:Couple of big games this week to test out some of the challengers:

Uni should be too good for Port, although their batting may need to improve. It looks like whoever won the toss at Price on Saturday was in the box seat.
Sturt looked like they had a bad day against the Parasites and would hope to bounce back at East Torrens. That should be a good game as ETs are looking strong again this year. As Eagles has said, having Lehmann full time will help their cause, although I think they've lost L Robins for a while?
Hard to know how Woodville are tracking. I heard Dickman has quit SACA and heading back to Darwin? I also did hear Summers has left as well (playing in Sydney?).
Glenelg should be too good for Southern although dropping this one may bite them at the end of the season if it's close for 4th spot.

Lots of changes MC, really does change the dynamics of some teams!

The two most stable teams, and best, will be Kensington and Adelaide Uni, lock it in Eddie :D

Page definitely gone to live in Tassie, could not buy a run for TTG, and Summers gone too. Did not know about Dickman, big loss when McInerney goes out of team too. And Robins big blow too, has he got BBL contract??

Heard the quick leggie from Prospect, Hatzoglou(?) been picked up as back up by Renegades. We have lost Ryan Gibson and Spencer Johnson as back up to Strikers - really does have a massive affect on teams.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 526 times

Postby Minimum Chips » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:24 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:

Lots of changes MC, really does change the dynamics of some teams!

The two most stable teams, and best, will be Kensington and Adelaide Uni, lock it in Eddie :D

Page definitely gone to live in Tassie, could not buy a run for TTG, and Summers gone too. Did not know about Dickman, big loss when McInerney goes out of team too. And Robins big blow too, has he got BBL contract??

Heard the quick leggie from Prospect, Hatzoglou(?) been picked up as back up by Renegades. We have lost Ryan Gibson and Spencer Johnson as back up to Strikers - really does have a massive affect on teams.

Yep - I heard he's a back up player at the Thunder.
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Arch44 » Mon Dec 07, 2020 4:35 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:

Definitely Dickman has gone back to Darwin and Summers was allowed to play a game in Sydney by the SACA during covid while visiting family and is back tonight.
Hogg Shield Div IV 2018 Winner
Arch44
League - Top 5

Has liked: 717 times
Been liked: 272 times

Postby whufc » Mon Dec 07, 2020 6:05 pm

The lad that hit 100 for the Jets is on a decent run of form.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5588 times
Been liked: 2529 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Gosaints » Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:34 pm

live streaming is good, unfortunately shows up that some paid umpires cannot even count to 6.

saca just going really well with all stuff cricket
Gosaints
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

Postby heater31 » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:14 pm

Gosaints wrote:live streaming is good, unfortunately shows up that some paid umpires cannot even count to 6.

saca just going really well with all stuff cricket
Been happening for years!
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:35 pm

Big win Sturt over East Torrens! Tons to Davis and C Kelly

Jets go to 2-2. Tons to Cosgrove and Luthra. Did the Jets sweep West Torrens?

Buffalos on the board! Pengelley 5/15.

Kensington scrape past Prospect

Bosisto steers Uni home against Port with 130*

Glenelg workmanlike win at Bice

Table
100 Kensington
70 Sturt
60 University*
60 Glenelg*

60 East Torrens*
45 Port
40 Northern Districts*
40 Woodville
40 West Torrens
25 Prospect
20 Tea Tree Gully*
20 Adelaide
20 Southern District

* had bye

Round 6 - one day competition games
Northern Districts v Prospect
Tea Tree Gully v Southern District
Glenelg v West Torrens
Kensington v Adelaide
Woodville v University
Port Adelaide v East Torrens
Sturt BYE
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby whufc » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:11 am

Kabir Luthra with back to back tons.

5 scores of over 50 and averaging 66 this year

Get him in the red backs
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:12 pm

whufc wrote:Kabir Luthra with back to back tons.

Get him in the red backs

Where is he from?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby whufc » Sun Dec 13, 2020 1:17 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Get him in the red backs

Where is he from?

Jets
whufc
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:49 pm

whufc wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Get him in the red backs

Where is he from?

Jets

Yeah i get that mate, is he a local product or import?
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Prospect junior i believe
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby Gosaints » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:51 am

Get him in the red backs

has had a great start to the year although does not have 5 scores over 50, has 4 and 2 ducks

limited success in 2/3rd grade last season by the looks

never made state sides at 17s or 19s
Gosaints
Rookie

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Glenunga

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps