Great Southern Cricket Association

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Great Southern Cricket Association

Postby MrTeach » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Offcutter wrote:
MrTeach wrote:Hey guys, have not been on here for a while. How are things going? i heard WIW is leaving the Vale, jeez big loss. I wish the big fella luck.

Anything else going on i should know about?

Yeah apparently the big fella has been offered a significant sum of cash from another club... a pity .. he'd be just about due for Life Membership at the Vale wouldn't he??

PS Tongue very much in cheek!!

Hey Offcutter how are you? Are you looking forward to the coming season.
MrTeach
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby ROCKYB » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:49 pm

Hey Hey guys what does evryone think about this one. Port Eliot have two fill an A grade this year are trying to buy players from other clubs such as Lintern,Evans,Kuss,Jones,Robertson ect,ect. this is deplorable on there behalf offering match payments no subs and other things total crap. if u finish top in Bs then you should be competitive in A grade no need to take players from other clubs with money. thank god Evans and Lintern are loyal and smart enough to stay with there own clubs and for those who leave then stop coming back to your old club for training and after games and stay at your new club as now you are not welcome unless you are a member PORT ELLIOT. get a LIFE and stay away from our players as this is a game u dont want to play with us THIS IS YOUR FINAL AND ONLY WARNING!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Be the ball and just tapp it in.....
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Been liked: 0 time

Postby The Ferret » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:07 am

rocky these are massive calls. what sort of $$$ are we talking. knowing both players well i know they will stay loyal. i have heard of this sort of thing before but haven't heard anyone actually taking up an offer. if you were guna go after players though then those 2 would be well sort after.
The Ferret
Rookie

Has liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby the red baron » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am

ROCKYB wrote:Hey Hey guys what does evryone think about this one Port Eliot have two fill an A grade this year are trying to buy players from other clubs such as Lintern,Evans,Kuss,Jones,Robertson ect,ect this is deplorable on there behalf offering match payments no subs and other things total crap if u finish top in Bs then you should be competitive in A grade no need to take players from other clubs with money thank god Evans and Lintern are loyal and smart enough to stay with there own clubs and for those who leave then stop coming back to your old club for training and after games and stay at your new club as now you are not welcome unless you are a member PORT ELLIOT get a LIFE and stay away from our players as this is a game u dont want to play with us THIS IS YOUR FINAL AND ONLY WARNING!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Players leave clubs for various reasons money, success , better opportunities etc rocky b you just have to make sure your club is in good order so they dont leave. Is it any different to players from your club being paid petrol money , incentives etc!!! :)
the red baron
Under 18s

Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Gumeracha

Postby Offcutter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:23 am

MrTeach wrote:
Offcutter wrote:
MrTeach wrote:Hey guys, have not been on here for a while. How are things going? i heard WIW is leaving the Vale, jeez big loss. I wish the big fella luck.

Anything else going on i should know about?

Yeah apparently the big fella has been offered a significant sum of cash from another club... a pity .. he'd be just about due for Life Membership at the Vale wouldn't he??

PS Tongue very much in cheek!!

Hey Offcutter how are you? Are you looking forward to the coming season.

Yeah I'm good. Looking forward to C grade this year.. should be a good comp.

Rocky B, if PT Elliot are required to have an A Grade, any other changes to the A Grade comp?
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby ROCKYB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:45 am

Spurls is the only guy we help out with a bit of petrol money after all he has to drive from the bridge every week so $20 every now and then is not that much and for player incentives everyone gets that all you have to do is perform and have your subs paid.

As for our club we have done everything in our means that the players have asked for ,Shirts,Meals after game ,New Tv and entertainment area,Pool table things are just fine and if they want more then ask we are not mined readers or get to the meetings and get on the committee and tell us what u want to many people just leave up to others all the time and get upset when they dont get what they want so some more help would be nice ,but i bet this happens at all clubs so what do u do :?

As for the A grade comp looks like there might be a bye or is Rapids dropping back to Bs as that is something i have heard but i hope they dont .

Should be a very interesting season with players from some of the top clubs retireing and other going back to the Bs as there bodies are wearing out hopefully everyone retains there players and clubs get some new guys to keep this comp running as things are going to get harder and harder every year to keep clubs going,this is something i have seen now for the past 18 years of senior cricket and it has been on the slide since then ,so if you have got a mate who has not played for a while or hear of other players all urge them to come back to play as all clubs need players!!!
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Jimmy Recard » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:16 am

I don't have a problem people getting scouted out from other clubs and offered money to play, after all money is what makes the world go round! Its just like football.
the red baron wrote:rocky b you just have to make sure your club is in good order so they dont leave.
I think you've gone a bit over the top for something new Rocky, Just sounds like the wheels are coming off at goolwa... once again! Just more off field dramas!

If you really value these players in your side then surely you would be able to convince them to stay. But personally aside from of course Evans, and possibly Robertson, why would you bother with Kuss and Jones. Both should be only playing B grade anyway, Jones opening for the A's last year was a joke! You'd probably be better off without them!

How's other clubs going for players/recruits/retirements?

I know everyone is keen to go around again from our side except for milford, plus the inclusion of a few quality young players and a couple recruits we will hopefully be even stronger than last year and go that one step further.
The greats weren't great because at birth they could paint,
The greats were great because they paint a lot.
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Grassroots Team: Willunga

Postby ROCKYB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:44 am

OHHHHH Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy you are a knob for that statement wheels are in full motion mate and are tighter than ever dont u read what is said with Evans staying and Robertson is not going anywhere only player that is going is Kuss and i do agree with you he is only a B grader but as for Jones the kid can bat and last season was only 17 and he made almost 300 runs opening for the first year in A grade so that is very good for a kid so look again at his stats before saying something or is that throat of yours still sore from CHOCKING in the GF last year and before u go saying it yes well done for making it and yes we didnt as we where not good enough so think of something new before u reply to that, WHEELS ARE FULLING OFF thats some funny stuff never heard of that one before well done :roll: :lol: :lol:
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Jimmy Recard » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:23 pm

hahahaha!!! the big bull bites!!! but you are right i have had a bit of a sore throat of late, so i suppose it could be from the GF, i'd never thought of that! Thanks Rocky!!!
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Postby Offcutter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:16 pm

ROCKYB wrote:OHHHHH Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy you are a knob for that statement wheels are in full motion mate and are tighter than ever dont u read what is said with Evans staying and Robertson is not going anywhere only player that is going is Kuss and i do agree with you he is only a B grader but as for Jones the kid can bat and last season was only 17 and he made almost 300 runs opening for the first year in A grade so that is very good for a kid so look again at his stats before saying something or is that throat of yours still sore from CHOCKING in the GF last year and before u go saying it yes well done for making it and yes we didnt as we where not good enough so think of something new before u reply to that, WHEELS ARE FULLING OFF thats some funny stuff never heard of that one before well done :roll: :lol: :lol:

Hey Rocky

Any danger you could include some punctuation in your posts.. they are always educational and often a laugh, but geez, reading them hurts the head sometimes!!

Feel free to whack a comma or semi-colon in intermittently..

You know, there are a few teachers that are part of this forum..
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby ROCKYB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:47 pm

I am very sorry,i will make sure that i try to do this from now on.

After all i did only go to Victor Harbor High :lol:

Sorry to hear that Bodes Wilson is leaving next season,he is always good for a laugh.....,,,,,...
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Offcutter » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:35 pm

ROCKYB wrote:I am very sorry,i will make sure that i try to do this from now on.

After all i did only go to Victor Harbor High :lol:

Sorry to hear that Bodes Wilson is leaving next season,he is always good for a laugh.....,,,,,...

Not as sorry as the owners of the McLaren Vale Hotel.. their TAB earnings for the period around September to March will take a bit hit!!
Offcutter
Rookie

Postby magpie in the 80's » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:38 pm

ROCKYB wrote:OHHHHH Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy you are a knob for that statement.
wheels are in full motion mate and are tighter than ever.
dont u read what is said with Evans staying and Robertson is not going anywhere.
only player that is going is Kuss and i do agree with you he is only a B grader.
but as for Jones the kid can bat and last season was only 17 and he made almost 300 runs opening for the first year in A grade.
so that is very good for a kid, so look again at his stats before saying something or is that throat of yours still sore from CHOCKING in the GF last year and before u go saying it yes well done for making it and yes we didnt as we where not good enough.
so think of something new before u reply to that.
WHEELS ARE FULLING OFF thats some funny stuff never heard of that one before well done :roll: :lol: :lol:

;)
I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out. - Rodney Dangerfield (1921 - 2004)
magpie in the 80's
Coach

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Postby Ramadash » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:30 pm

ROCKYB wrote:Hey Hey guys what does evryone think about this one. Port Eliot have two fill an A grade this year are trying to buy players from other clubs such as

Rockyb! Why aren't Mt Compass putting in 2 A grade sides. They won the B grade premiership so according to the assoc relegation/ promotion system, shouldn't they be in A grade.

you are on assoc exec, have they gone soft again and making / changing rules as they go to suit them.

Has it got anything to do with gav being prez.
:shock:
premierships is what it is all about
Ramadash
Under 16s

Postby The Ferret » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 pm

ramadash, that rule only applies if the club doesn't feild an a grade already. Rockyb what was evans offered to go to elliot
The Ferret
Rookie

Grassroots Team: Yankalilla

Postby smithy » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:58 pm

ROCKYB wrote:Hey Hey guys what does evryone think about this one. Port Eliot have two fill an A grade this year are trying to buy players from other clubs such as Lintern,Evans,Kuss,Jones,Robertson ect,ect. this is deplorable on there behalf offering match payments no subs and other things total crap. if u finish top in Bs then you should be competitive in A grade no need to take players from other clubs with money. thank god Evans and Lintern are loyal and smart enough to stay with there own clubs and for those who leave then stop coming back to your old club for training and after games and stay at your new club as now you are not welcome unless you are a member PORT ELLIOT. get a LIFE and stay away from our players as this is a game u dont want to play with us THIS IS YOUR FINAL AND ONLY WARNING!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Pretty ordinary post from an association committee member ROCKY.
smithy

Postby ROCKYB » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:25 pm

There is a time to wear your Association hat and a time to wear your club hat,and sorry but my club dose come first i am sure others would do the same thing if other clubs are trying to take there players ,it is cricket not football so if your club is forced to play A grade then play with what u got and if you want players work on players from other comps.

Last year when i was coaching the u/12 port elliot even said to my kids that they should play at there cub next year ,and this is coming from a club that we used to be combined with in the A grade .

Think what they are offering is no subs +fuel money and other things ,but why target our club have they got issues with something,just can not believe this kind of thing would come from a club like Port Elliot a club that i used to respect but with these needless acts i am starting to loose that respect.
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby Jimmy Recard » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:18 pm

ROCKYB wrote:There is a time to wear your Association hat and a time to wear your club hat,and sorry but my club dose come first i am sure others would do the same thing if other clubs are trying to take there players ,it is cricket not football so if your club is forced to play A grade then play with what u got and if you want players work on players from other comps.

Last year when i was coaching the u/12 port elliot even said to my kids that they should play at there cub next year ,and this is coming from a club that we used to be combined with in the A grade .

Think what they are offering is no subs +fuel money and other things ,but why target our club have they got issues with something,just can not believe this kind of thing would come from a club like Port Elliot a club that i used to respect but with these needless acts i am starting to loose that respect.

bit over the top rocky?? does anyone agree?? whats wrong with a club trying to entice players to come to their club... happens all the time in sport... country cricket is no different! your ranting and raving does not reflect well on your club!
Jimmy Recard
Under 16s

Postby ROCKYB » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 pm

Fair enough i might of gone a bit overboard but all i want is clubs not to try a take kids away from us that we have brought up over the years ,there has been alot of work gone into these guys and to have it taken away hurts sorry if my comments offends anyone but can not help loving my club
ROCKYB
Under 16s

Postby ROCKYB » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:22 pm

Just one other thing why would u guys last year offer big money for Andy, then when u play against us say that u dont like the guy ,Andy is one of the best talents i have ever seen and i love playing cricket with the MAN and he will make a far better cricketer and captain than i could have ever been,just like everyone else dont look or try to improve your younger guys and let other clubs do it and then try to take then away from the club that has done all the hard work with them.It is just not CRICKET sorry AGAIN
ROCKYB
Under 16s

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps