Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:57 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:How would a grade club at Mt Barker or in the Barossa impact the local competition? Would think it would be like the Crows/SANFL

Thats why up to 4 ovals would have to be built, no local club is going to give up their traditional ground and play in a paddock somewhere

You'd think a club would become the grade club
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:03 am

Tony Clifton wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:How would a grade club at Mt Barker or in the Barossa impact the local competition? Would think it would be like the Crows/SANFL

Thats why up to 4 ovals would have to be built, no local club is going to give up their traditional ground and play in a paddock somewhere

Dont think that would work, players wont want to play for a club they have a rivalry with
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Aerie » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:00 am

I don’t think it is necessary to fill a 3rd, 4th grade or junior Whites unless a club wants to. Therefore less ovals. Could get away with 2, which is already being built at Mt Barker.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 509 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:39 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Dont think that would work, players wont want to play for a club they have a rivalry with

Really? A player wouldn't play for the "Barossa Blowflies" based at Nuriootpa Oval because their home club had a rivalry with Nuri?
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:50 am

Nuri isnt folding and moving anywhere nor is any other club.
You will need a completely new facility for it to work.
I dont think the area is big enough anyway, Mt Barker makes more sense.
Sandy Creek have less tradition maybe it could be based out that way, especially if there was a road put it to link that side of Gawler to the northern suburbs
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:52 am

daysofourlives wrote:Nuri isnt folding and moving anywhere nor is any other club.
Sandy Creek have less tradition maybe it could be based out that way, especially if there was a road put it to link that side of Gawler to the northern suburbs

Is that road functional yet?
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:06 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:Nuri isnt folding and moving anywhere nor is any other club.

Is that road functional yet?
Yes
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jim05 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:10 pm

We are quite happy how we are thanks.
But you are spot on, would need to be a complainer club with new ovals as no one is giving up their ground and the rivalry is strong in the Barossa.
Send them to Stocky :)
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3563 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:Is that road functional yet?
Yes

Cool, I'm heading out to Angaston for lunch on Sunday, I might take the long way there and have a squizz.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby onthemove » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:21 pm

A team based in Mt Barker or at least utilising the new Hub there would make sense. There are many "Fleurieu & Districts" kids spread across many teams already in SACA Premier Cricket. Plenty of talent from the area playing for Southern Districts, Sturt, Glenelg, Kensington & East Torrens ( is there such a thing as a "zone" these days).
Wouldn't it be great to have them all in one hub, all working together. They already play against each other in Zone / rep teams they already have the Fleurieu & Districts Cricket Council established for Seniors and Juniors the population is exploding in their area and as highlighted above & below they are producing many under age Premier Cricketers.
At the recent Statewide Cup it was evident regional cricket talent is good with the Barossa & Districts and Fleurieu& Districts teams playing off in the GF for U16 with no ATCA team qualifying for it. This is a pretty good effort considering many of the lads do not play on turf wickets in most of their community games and were sleeping in swags or vans for the entire week, were travelling long distances to and from games each day and/ or were away from the comforts of home....its a great week for them but it is not easy to perform at their best.
One other point is not many regional cricketers seem to be top order batters in Premier Cricket seems most are bowlers....I suspect it is because of a lack of experience/exposure to turf wickets and the adjustment needed for a back foot hard wicket batter is much more than for a bowler......just something I've noticed , might be wrong but thought I'd throw that in.
Hoping SACA don't spent all the $ on things that may not help the majority or leaves nothing in the kitty for areas of obvious growth and POTENTIAL which is also just up the road but in a slightly different direction to all things discu$$ed so far.
That's my two bobs worth. Will be interesting to see how it all plays out.
onthemove
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1 time

Postby Minimum Chips » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:38 pm

onthemove wrote:A team based in Mt Barker or at least utilising the new Hub there would make sense. There are many "Fleurieu & Districts" kids spread across many teams already in SACA Premier Cricket. Plenty of talent from the area playing for Southern Districts, Sturt, Glenelg, Kensington & East Torrens ( is there such a thing as a "zone" these days).
Wouldn't it be great to have them all in one hub, all working together. They already play against each other in Zone / rep teams they already have the Fleurieu & Districts Cricket Council established for Seniors and Juniors the population is exploding in their area and as highlighted above & below they are producing many under age Premier Cricketers.
At the recent Statewide Cup it was evident regional cricket talent is good with the Barossa & Districts and Fleurieu& Districts teams playing off in the GF for U16 with no ATCA team qualifying for it. This is a pretty good effort considering many of the lads do not play on turf wickets in most of their community games and were sleeping in swags or vans for the entire week, were travelling long distances to and from games each day and/ or were away from the comforts of home....its a great week for them but it is not easy to perform at their best.
One other point is not many regional cricketers seem to be top order batters in Premier Cricket seems most are bowlers....I suspect it is because of a lack of experience/exposure to turf wickets and the adjustment needed for a back foot hard wicket batter is much more than for a bowler......just something I've noticed , might be wrong but thought I'd throw that in.
Hoping SACA don't spent all the $ on things that may not help the majority or leaves nothing in the kitty for areas of obvious growth and POTENTIAL which is also just up the road but in a slightly different direction to all things discu$$ed so far.

Could there be potential for Sturt to move there?
Minimum Chips
Under 18s

Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 51 times
Grassroots Team: Bute

Postby Corona Man » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:41 pm

Minimum Chips wrote:
onthemove wrote:A team based in Mt Barker or at least utilising the new Hub there would make sense. There are many "Fleurieu & Districts" kids spread across many teams already in SACA Premier Cricket. Plenty of talent from the area playing for Southern Districts, Sturt, Glenelg, Kensington & East Torrens ( is there such a thing as a "zone" these days).

Not much would change. I know of a few blokes who live within 5 k of the new oval, they would still play at Kensi regardless.
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:50 pm

Corona Man wrote:
Minimum Chips wrote:

Not much would change. I know of a few blokes who live within 5 k of the new oval, they would still play at Kensi regardless.

Any change will come from new juniors just starting their premier cricket path being part of the new club/location. will take 5 to 10 years to see the fruits of that i would imagine.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Aerie » Sat Feb 13, 2021 12:44 am

A3E3116D-8FF4-43A1-B04F-C16BA206BDC0.jpeg
A3E3116D-8FF4-43A1-B04F-C16BA206BDC0.jpeg (186.2 KiB) Viewed 815 times

The first plans are Aldinga and second Mt Barker. Already being built. But we want to merge Adelaide and Southerns and build a new facility at Darlington? 10 minutes from Glenelg Oval and less than 15 minutes from Sturt’s home ground?
Attachments
F3172FCA-5B7D-4CF3-8D94-B1111BAB374D.jpeg
F3172FCA-5B7D-4CF3-8D94-B1111BAB374D.jpeg (272.25 KiB) Viewed 815 times
Aerie
Coach

Postby Look Good In Leather » Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:13 am

Aerie wrote:

The first plans are Aldinga and second Mt Barker. Already being built. But we want to merge Adelaide and Southerns and build a new facility at Darlington? 10 minutes from Glenelg Oval and less than 15 minutes from Sturt’s home ground?
As has been mentioned before, the SACA have been very clear that geography in their strategy is irrelevant. The priority is reducing down to 10 clubs, location does not matter.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Look Good In Leather
League - Best 21

Been liked: 284 times
Grassroots Team: Christies Beach

Postby Dutchy » Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:01 pm

the right half of the Aldinga development is already there, the left is all new high school facilities I believe
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3571 times

Postby whitepointers » Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:42 pm

Look Good In Leather wrote:
Aerie wrote:

As has been mentioned before, the SACA have been very clear that geography in their strategy is irrelevant. The priority is reducing down to 10 clubs, location does not matter.

Which smacks of desperation to get a merger over the line.
Geographically Bice Oval is perfect for a Southern District club and they would know that.
whitepointers
Rookie

Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 31 times
Grassroots Team: Port Noarlunga

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:17 pm

Uni 280 in the one day final
Kens 3/171 after 34 overs

Good game
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby tigerpie » Sun Feb 14, 2021 8:22 pm

whitepointers wrote:
Look Good In Leather wrote:
Aerie wrote:

Which smacks of desperation to get a merger over the line.
Geographically Bice Oval is perfect for a Southern District club and they would know that.

100% correct.
Is it just me or is this whole fiasco amateur hour at its worst.
I'm disappointed that the peak body in this state are so unprofessional.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 506 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Aerie » Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:13 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Uni 280 in the one day final
Kens 3/171 after 34 overs

Good game

19 needed off 3 overs. Doyle on 59. Kensington should win from here. 5 wickets in hand.

Presume Nick Winter injured himself? Only bowled 3 overs.
Aerie
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps