ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:30 pm

thevoice wrote:Yep they are. But in order to host an A Grade grand final you have to have Covers available, whether you've registered at the start of the year or not. So if you don't have them, you have to hire or borrow them. If you don't have covers available, you don't get the opportunity to host the GF. ATCA changed this last year. Stops rain in the A Grade comp letting teams win flags by default/higher ladder position (unless of course its massive downpour).

Thanks, so it only applies to Grand Finals and not Semi Finals
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:38 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:My understanding was that, in the higher grades, covers were mandatory, along with sightscreens (?).

Neither covers or sightscreens are mandatory in A2

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant for hosting GFs.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Tangles » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:10 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:My understanding was that, in the higher grades, covers were mandatory, along with sightscreens (?).

Neither covers or sightscreens are mandatory in A2

Sorry, I should have been clearer, I meant for hosting GFs.

Covers mandatory A1-A3, Sightscreens mandatory only in A1 for Grand Finals.
Tangles
Mini-League

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 1 time
Grassroots Team: Central United

Postby Tangles » Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:12 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Tangles wrote:
OKC! wrote:
Trader wrote:Yup, the turf are struggling for consistency at the moment.
In Round 14 of the LO comp, they allowed MSCC to breach the bylaws and drop players from LO1 through the various other LO grades, without penalty and the sides they did it against just had to cop the loss.
In round 15, MSCC do it again, dropping an LO1 player to the LO2s, and because it was against Old Scotch, the turf ruled in Old Scotch's favour and awarded them the match points.
I would have thought dropping players from LO1 to LO4 and 5 is far worse than LO2, but apparently not...

I would have thought that a by law is a bylaw. And no matter the circumstance, abide by it.

They pick and choose which ones to enfore. Pointless having a book.

The time restriction penatly was not enforced in a T20 game, even after showing the umpires the clear law in the book. One of the umpires lefy straight away because he didnt want to discuss it. Piss weak. The other umpire stayed and spoke to the players regarding the decison, good on him for that... but he said and i quote..

'They have clearly broken a by law and they should be penalised but ive already told them they won and I would feel bad for them' and also
'I feel like im stuck in the middle of this'

Well yes you are mate. You are the ump.

Once ATCA looked at it, they threw it out. Probably need to play for woody recs to get that decison.

Hey there Mr Kettle, the Pot's on the phone and asked me to let you know you're black. I was at that game, only one side was actually trying to waste time and it isn't the one that won the game.

Are you saying the umpires erred by not deducting 6 runs from Pooraka's total for deliberately wasting time?

"The umpire can deduct 6 runs from the batting teams score if they believe the batsmen are deliberately wasting time. It is the batsman’s job to be ready to face as soon as the bowler is ready."

No, I don't think the umpires erred. If they did admit an 'error' to Pooraka, that's their only mistake. 2 balls were lost, 1 took several minutes to recover, the Pooraka batsmen were deliberately taking their full 90 seconds (and then some) to face up and the innings didn't feel like it was going slow other than the stop in play to find the ball and then a replacement when it wasn't found. I think common sense was applied by the umpire, no need to time out batsmen or apply penalties. Would have been a joke to take the game off Modbury. The side that wanted it most on the night won, that seems about right to me.
Tangles
Mini-League

Postby OKC! » Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:55 pm

Well u must have been dropped on your head when young

1 ball was lost u peanut and the umpire added more time onto the game than it took to find it. Plus the light was shit so when we need i think 30 off 3 overs sure we would love for it to get darker. None of us were wasting time at all, and i never said they were, they just didn't get it done in the time. Plus how is it out fault that they lost a ball? Next time u get a full toss in a T20 game make sure u noodle it round the corner for a single instead of smashing it incase u lose it.

Knob
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Tangles » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:16 pm

OKC! wrote:Well u must have been dropped on your head when young

1 ball was lost u peanut and the umpire added more time onto the game than it took to find it. Plus the light was shit so when we need i think 30 off 3 overs sure we would love for it to get darker. None of us were wasting time at all, and i never said they were, they just didn't get it done in the time. Plus how is it out fault that they lost a ball? Next time u get a full toss in a T20 game make sure u noodle it round the corner for a single instead of smashing it incase u lose it.

Knob

Resorting to personal insults already, they sure do breed them classy down there in the swamps.

If your club wastes too much coin on over-rated hacks and can't afford decent lights, maybe your priorities are wrong down there at the swamp? Good luck in the finals mate, the whole of ATCA is waiting for the next episode of the Bogan Choke.
Tangles
Mini-League

Postby OKC! » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:45 pm

Tangles wrote:

Knob

Resorting to personal insults already, they sure do breed them classy down there in the swamps.

If your club wastes too much coin on over-rated hacks and can't afford decent lights, maybe your priorities are wrong down there at the swamp? Good luck in the finals mate, the whole of ATCA is waiting for the next episode of the Bogan Choke.

Keep sloggin away in hard wicket mate. One day u might play some real cricket.
The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.
OKC!
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 42 times
Grassroots Team: Pooraka

Postby Tangles » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:51 pm

OKC! wrote:
Tangles wrote:

Knob

Keep sloggin away in hard wicket mate. One day u might play some real cricket.

You sure are taking it personally. I'm guessing you were on the losing side that night? Please don't tell me you were that bloke in the middle order that played the terrible, park cricket shot against that off spinner? That would be funny, because that bloke let him team mates down badly
Tangles
Mini-League

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:33 am

Does this attitude permeate the whole Pooraka club?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby thevoice » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:07 am

What's everyone's wickets like? Green and soft? Sunday looking like a bit of rain around.
thevoice
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:30 am

Yup, plenty of soft decks.
Weather today looks ok, should be right to get away on time tomorrow.
Would like a bit more wind around but can't always get what we want.
Sunday will be hit and miss. Areas to the north more likely to be impacted.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby helicopterking » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:36 am

31 and sunny all day today and 30 tomorrow. Decks should be good to go.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:52 am

helicopterking wrote:31 and sunny all day today and 30 tomorrow. Decks should be good to go.

Agreed.... by the time the semi finals start we would have had about 55 hours since the rain stopped and plenty of sun today. Might be a little bit of moisture in some pitches, but hardly a situation where you win the toss and win the game.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:08 am

Get through the first hour and you'll be fine

If you don't however... difficult to stop a team in a final when thry get their tails up early
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Tangles » Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:28 pm

Bureau is only giving a 5% chance of rain Sunday now. Looks like both days should be good for cricket. Bit of life early in most decks, but that just balances out the advantage of batting first.
Tangles
Mini-League

Postby Tangles » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:48 pm

I think I was wrong with SHOC. Finals pressure does change things, but I saw some horrible shots today. Penfield bowled well enough, but no one from the College side looked interested in digging in and building an innings
Tangles
Mini-League

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:38 pm

Pooraka smashed Walkerville in A1.
Pooraka sneak in by 2 wickets against Kilburn in B1
Para Hills beat Ingle Farm by 7 runs in B2. Congratulations to Inglr Farm legend Adam Butcher who played his last game for club
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Tangles » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:43 am

So looks like we're all heading north if we want to watch some A grade Grand Final action this weekend, the GF's are at Pooraka, Hope Valley and Modbury.

After yesterday, wonder what the Sacred Heart boys are thinking down there in A3. Undefeated with 2 rounds to play, expecting to be up in A2 taking on strong clubs like Marion, Unley, Woody Rech and now they'll be stuck playing the likes of Golden Grove, Brahma Lodge and Goodwood's B Grade. They would not have seen that coming.

And I said Woody South were going to do some damage in the finals, they're going back up to A1 where they belong. Good on them.
Tangles
Mini-League

Postby Trader » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:55 am

And the trend continues...
B1 also at Pooraka
B2 out at Para Hills.
B3 at PAOC the only game close to the city.
C1 is out at Largs
C2 is at Gaza
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:12 pm

Tangles wrote:So looks like we're all heading north if we want to watch some A grade Grand Final action this weekend, the GF's are at Pooraka, Hope Valley and Modbury.

After yesterday, wonder what the Sacred Heart boys are thinking down there in A3. Undefeated with 2 rounds to play, expecting to be up in A2 taking on strong clubs like Marion, Unley, Woody Rech and now they'll be stuck playing the likes of Golden Grove, Brahma Lodge and Goodwood's B Grade. They would not have seen that coming.

And I said Woody South were going to do some damage in the finals, they're going back up to A1 where they belong. Good on them.

Hold up tangles. Bit roughthere saying they are stuck woth the likes of golden grove, brahma lodge etc. Firstly just remember brahma lodge played a2 cricket secondly in the first season ever on turf won the flag... dont be throwing stones at sides because they aren't as strong as others.
Same woth golden grove they are a young side looking to come up when they can.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps