PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Who will play off in this season's Grade 1 GF?

Central United
9%
Craigmore
3%
Eastern Park
8%
One Tree Hill
17%
Riverside
4%
Rose & Crown
27%
Salisbury West
27%
Virginia
5%

Total votes : 75

Re: PDCA

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:23 am

I remember watching Steve Warren break Shaun Gatto forearm with a bouncer in the very first ever 'Sunday Comp' game!

John Ashworth played a huge part in getting that Sunday Comp many moons ago up and running

It's a shame despite a couple of attempts and different versions that cimp never sustained

I would love to see a re-Union type day or something where some clubs get an over 40's side and play a t20. From Atco you still have the likes of

-Sutton
-Tomlinson
-Brookey
-Ralphy
-Heys

Still floating around the club im sure they could pull a side together for a one off event
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5612 times
Been liked: 2541 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:12 am

whufc wrote:I remember watching Steve Warren break Shaun Gatto forearm with a bouncer in the very first ever 'Sunday Comp' game!

John Ashworth played a huge part in getting that Sunday Comp many moons ago up and running

It's a shame despite a couple of attempts and different versions that cimp never sustained

I would love to see a re-Union type day or something where some clubs get an over 40's side and play a t20. From Atco you still have the likes of

-Sutton
-Tomlinson
-Brookey
-Ralphy
-Heys

Still floating around the club im sure they could pull a side together for a one off event

It was Osama bin Laden's fault, after September 11 public liability insurance went through the roof and large consumption's of alcohol mixed with a legitimate sporting competition didn't wash too well.
I ran a T20 comp for a few years after that but after I split up with my wife I moved too far away and couldn't be stuffed devoting my time towards things that weren't family related.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:19 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:I remember watching Steve Warren break Shaun Gatto forearm with a bouncer in the very first ever 'Sunday Comp' game!

-Sutton
-Tomlinson
-Brookey
-Ralphy
-Heys

It was Osama bin Laden's fault, after September 11 public liability insurance went through the roof and large consumption's of alcohol mixed with a legitimate sporting competition didn't wash too well.
I ran a T20 comp for a few years after that but after I split up with my wife I moved too far away and couldn't be stuffed devoting my time towards things that weren't family related.

Yeah which is definately fair enough in your case.

I'm surprised para districts have never officially tried to start a cimp whether it is an over 40's comp etc etc
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:24 am

whufc wrote:

I'm surprised para districts have never officially tried to start a cimp whether it is an over 40's comp etc etc

They wouldn't give a shit mate, they have enough on their plate as it is, throw in the SAMCA T20 knockout thingy, association games etc. and it all becomes too much for too few.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:31 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:

They wouldn't give a shit mate, they have enough on their plate as it is, throw in the SAMCA T20 knockout thingy, association games etc. and it all becomes too much for too few.

I think that is one of the problems though para districts has got very stale and no one is thinking outside the box with correct use of computer systems and such it doesn't have to be that hard

I'm currently running 9 different social competitions with over 110 teams by myself with only 25 hours a week to do so (plus we have a gym, group fitness, squash, dance classes and kindygym) Surely with the amount of people they have on their committee of tasks were delegated correctly more could be done.

Once the season is underway alot of their roles are completed, such as fixturing etc
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:24 am

whufc wrote:
I think that is one of the problems though para districts has got very stale and no one is thinking outside the box with correct use of computer systems and such it doesn't have to be that hard

I'm currently running 9 different social competitions with over 110 teams by myself with only 25 hours a week to do so (plus we have a gym, group fitness, squash, dance classes and kindygym) Surely with the amount of people they have on their committee of tasks were delegated correctly more could be done.

Once the season is underway alot of their roles are completed, such as fixturing etc

You'd be surprised with the amount of whinging by clubs, phone calls during matches for rule verifying, tribunals and many other "smaller issues".
The problem is that Clarko does the bulk of the behind the scenes work and all of the other "volunteers" still have full time employment.

I think they're just happy to get the season underway and players on the park each week, generally no news is good news.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 05, 2015 11:38 am

Fair enough, I just think in this day and age of people having so much choice that you have to try and do things different, think outside the square

I would love to see the one day comp and two day comp split into two comps.

Four finals (top 4 divisions) could be played at salisbury North with both grounds holding double headers including a day night game on the main oval or something

I haven't given it great thought lol
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:06 pm

whufc wrote:Fair enough, I just think in this day and age of people having so much choice that you have to try and do things different, think outside the square

Four finals (top 4 divisions) could be played at salisbury North with both grounds holding double headers including a day night game on the main oval or something

I'd sooner see 3 separate comps within the one comp, 5 x 2 dayers, 5 x 1 dayers and 5 x T20's with individual finals for each comp.

It would work, have the T20's close to the break when everyone always leaves early for work shows etc.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:17 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Fair enough, I just think in this day and age of people having so much choice that you have to try and do things different, think outside the square

I'd sooner see 3 separate comps within the one comp, 5 x 2 dayers, 5 x 1 dayers and 5 x T20's with individual finals for each comp.

It would work, have the T20's close to the break when everyone always leaves early for work shows etc.

Agree would love to see a format like that
whufc
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:40 am

Massive result yesterday in the SAMCA T20!
ATCO d Pooraka
Virginia d PAOC
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:54 am

Zartan wrote:Massive result yesterday in the SAMCA T20!
ATCO d Pooraka
Virginia d PAOC

Was good fun!!!!

Got the new ball twice in one day lol!!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Playing two days in a row at 32 years old means Monday's aren't overly fun!!!

Was great fun to play against blokes you ordinarily wouldn't play against.

I really like the cimp especially if the prize continues to be the reward of playing on AO!!!

Very proud of our guys, the win over Pooraka was as an enjoyable win as any other non finals wins I've played in.

While we may not win any premierships or even play finals this season we are starting to put together a strong side which is very quickly becoming 15 very good mates!!!
whufc
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:08 pm

whufc wrote:Playing two days in a row at 32 years old means Monday's aren't overly fun!!!

I really like the cimp especially if the prize continues to be the reward of playing on AO!!!

Very proud of our guys, the win over Pooraka was as an enjoyable win as any other non finals wins I've played in.

While we may not win any premierships or even play finals this season we are starting to put together a strong side which is very quickly becoming 15 very good mates!!!

Who did the damage yesterday against Pooraka?
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:18 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:
whufc wrote:Playing two days in a row at 32 years old means Monday's aren't overly fun!!!

Who did the damage yesterday against Pooraka?

Everyone bowled real well

Gaz got a couple
Danny Kaye a couple
Luke child a couple
Brookey one wicket
3 run outs
I bowled 4 overs 0/about 20
C Dantonio 4 overs 0/25ish

Batting wise
Michael Evans hit about 30
Luke Childs about 20
And new defence force recruit Pat Binyon about 20

It was no where near there best side but it was great to win especially considering they were pretty quick to let us know what a junk league we play in!!

The turf umpire was a disgrace with how he carried on to me at square leg about how Pooraka weren't taking it serious (the eleven out there for them were taking it very serious), how there full strength side would smash us, how he doent believe in 'hard wicket' cricket. I had to tell him to shut up and just let me field
Last edited by whufc on Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
whufc
Coach

Postby Browny25 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Pretty good result for PDCA! Well done...
Browny25
Coach

Has liked: 105 times
Been liked: 28 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Barry » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:15 am

How does everyone see their season shaping up heading into some one dayers?

Any shocks or surprises so far?
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:20 am

Barry wrote:How does everyone see their season shaping up heading into some one dayers?

Parafield Gardens flag favourites.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Barry » Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:57 am

Zartan wrote:
Barry wrote:How does everyone see their season shaping up heading into some one dayers?

Parafield Gardens flag favourites.

Not bad for a team who was meant to be relegated this season.

Has the comp dropped off in the past year? Players moving on and such.
Barry
Rookie

Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 19 times
Grassroots Team: Mawson Lakes

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:15 am

Barry wrote:
Not bad for a team who was meant to be relegated this season.

They have recruited well, in particular in the batting department.

They have had the easiest draw so far but knocking off the reigning premiers like they did on the weekend has to count for something.

Naturally losing Rose & Crown from Grade 1 has weakened the competition to some degree as they have been perennial finalists for quite some time.
I'd say Westies, the Gardens, Virginia and ATCO have all improved.
Angle Vale & Riverside are probably around the same.
Central United and Craigmore have lost key players.

The Gardens have well though, they'll make the top 4, the next few weeks will gauge just how much they've improved.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:23 am

Barry wrote:Not bad for a team who was meant to be relegated this season.

Probably get more of an idea of where PG are at after they play SW, VIR and CU - they'll be the challenges.. but on paper it's a handy PG side.

I think Grade 1 is a fraction weaker than it has been - lost an entire R&C side, OTH got relegated but still have some handy cricketers.. but there are still plenty of good cricketers running around.
The Bedge
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps