Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby Tony Clifton » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:06 pm

heater31 wrote:Anyone seen the new rumoured playing conditions for this season?

Mandatory Helmets in all grades regardless of age for Fast Medium bowlers and quicker. In removing one hazard (copping one on the scone) creates another and will lead to more cancelled matches due to heat IMO.

I know personally I always wear one unless its 40 +

Surely you can cope with wearing a helmet for 5 minutes :D

Am hearing there is a bit to play out with the program...
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1465 times
Been liked: 245 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Eagles2017 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 pm

I dont think mandatory use of helmets will affect heat rules. When making the call on heat they would already know that most players do wear helmets 100% of the time.

As for the program what are you hearing?
One thing i noticed was theres no country round this year... good move no one from the regional areas came out to watch anyway and playing for double points on wickets prepared by people who are not professionals at it (no offence to those country volunteers) was always risky
Eagles2017
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Broadview

Postby mickey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 pm

heater31 wrote:Anyone seen the new rumoured playing conditions for this season?

Mandatory Helmets in all grades regardless of age for Fast Medium bowlers and quicker. In removing one hazard (copping one on the scone) creates another and will lead to more cancelled matches due to heat IMO.

I know personally I always wear one unless its 40 +
Is it helmets in general or are they still specifying brand and make of helmet used

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
mickey
Coach

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:26 pm

mickey wrote:Is it helmets in general or are they still specifying brand and make of helmet used

Didn't CA specific a brand and make of helmet that needs to be used last season?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4124 times

Postby heater31 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:43 pm

The Bedge wrote:
mickey wrote:Is it helmets in general or are they still specifying brand and make of helmet used

Didn't CA specific a brand and make of helmet that needs to be used last season?
Well the only approved brands are available for sale.
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby mickey » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:45 pm

heater31 wrote:
The Bedge wrote:

Well the only approved brands are available for sale.
Was my understanding that only the masuri helmet with the neck guard was going to be able to be worn

mickey
Coach

Has liked: 142 times
Been liked: 314 times
Grassroots Team: Seaton Ramblers

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Port Pirie Power wrote: Most definitely a side effect of the merger many years ago. All the legends of Salisbury - Heidrich, Sleep, Bishop, Bradbrook etc etc etc are not part of Northern Districts, and have no intentions of helping fix a club that is effectively not theirs.

Gee whiz, if the Salisbury blokes feel that way, imagine how the Elizabeth guys feel.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby get a grip » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Port Pirie Power wrote: Most definitely a side effect of the merger many years ago. All the legends of Salisbury - Heidrich, Sleep, Bishop, Bradbrook etc etc etc are not part of Northern Districts, and have no intentions of helping fix a club that is effectively not theirs.

Gee whiz, if the Salisbury blokes feel that way, imagine how the Elizabeth guys feel.

IMO Salisbury got the raw end of that deal, I don't know all the specifics but I do know that Salisbury were a dominant club at the time of the merger and Elizabeth were struggling to get a win.
The Salisbury guys would have felt they were losing all of their rich history to save a club that were terrible and on the other hand most of the Elizabeth guys would have felt bad because they couldn't get a game at the newly formed club and ended up having to play for Rose & Crown ;)
get a grip

Been liked: 1 time

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Didn't Elizabeth only exist for a couple of years? Was very silly to merge Salisbury, the most famous and strong club of that era with them. Should have just folded Elizabeth if it wasn't working.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby The Bedge » Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:18 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Didn't Elizabeth only exist for a couple of years? Was very silly to merge Salisbury, the most famous and strong club of that era with them. Should have just folded Elizabeth if it wasn't working.

Correct!
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4124 times

Postby Eagles2017 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:25 pm

Batters with the upper hand in the first round of redbacks league, 3 hundreds already and few 50s with two games still in progress
Eagles2017
Mini-League

Postby heater31 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:10 pm

Eagles2017 wrote:Batters with the upper hand in the first round of redbacks league, 3 hundreds already and few 50s with two games still in progress

Alex Ross 119 off 49 balls :shock:
heater31

Postby oldeagle » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Eagles2017 wrote:Batters with the upper hand in the first round of redbacks league, 3 hundreds already and few 50s with two games still in progress

Cricket being ruined by the flat tracks being prepared.

Only game were bowlers had an influence was the Northern v Southern game. Ziggy K from Sturt took 3 early poles (2 from stumpings) which put Northern on the back foot.

Standard of the squads must be questioned. Northern played a lad who played C grade last year.

PNG not even playing in Adelaide this year.

Older hardened A graders choosing to opt of of this comp. Think the Redbacks League has run it's race.
oldeagle
Rookie

Postby heater31 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:29 pm

oldeagle wrote:

Only game were bowlers had an influence was the Northern v Southern game. Ziggy K from Sturt took 3 early poles (2 from stumpings) which put Northern on the back foot.

Standard of the squads must be questioned. Northern played a lad who played C grade last year.

Older hardened A graders choosing to opt of of this comp. Think the Redbacks League has run it's race.

Expect Raphael to play the Adelaide based games. He's been in full time 9-5 employment since May and obviously doesn't want to waste any leave.

You also might have a point regarding running its race......heard CA have been making noises that it erodes the fabric of Premier Club Cricket, sounds very familiar :roll:
heater31

Postby oldeagle » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 pm

The Southern v Northern game featured 4 keepers.

Carey
Davis
Barrett
Neilson.

Carey obviously is outstanding. Barrett and Davis are standout performers in Premier League but have absolutely no chance of progressing as Neilson, surprise, has a contract. Barrett and Davis have to keep turning up for 6 am training starts while still holding down jobs.
oldeagle
Rookie

Postby Tony Clifton » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:05 pm

That's true for every player on the fringes of any squad.

Davis is only an average keeper. A (good) batsman who keeps.

Barrett perhaps unlucky that he didn't start hitting his straps in grade cricket until he was 24/25 (as a batter - his keeping has always been excellent).

People are cynical about Nielsen but he came in at the perfect time. Manou long gone, Ludemann came and went without quite being up to it. No quality long term established keepers to go past. Just Carey who is the #1 and may end up getting some Aussie gigs at some point, which would mean Nielsen gets a guernsey.
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Postby The Myth » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:50 pm

This will be the last year of the Redback League. The top players are gone after this weekend I believe, which makes an absolute mockery of this competition. Grade players playing against grade players.... May as well just invest money and make the grade competition better.
The Myth

Been liked: 10 times

Postby Eagles2017 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:26 pm

oldeagle wrote:

I think you'll fine that was a mycricket error, wrong player put in.... surely
Eagles2017
Mini-League

Postby oldeagle » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:22 pm

Some horrific bowling figures on Park 25 no. 2. Sean Williams 8 overs 0/67. Sam Miller 1 over 0/25. Carey tonned twice this week. Cooper 160 odd.
Redbacks batters playing Tee ball on this deck apart from Patrick Page who is very promising apparently.
oldeagle
Rookie

Postby Eagles2014 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:37 pm

oldeagle wrote:Some horrific bowling figures on Park 25 no. 2. Sean Williams 8 overs 0/67. Sam Miller 1 over 0/25. Carey tonned twice this week. Cooper 160 odd.
Redbacks batters playing Tee ball on this deck apart from Patrick Page who is very promising apparently.

Same in Darwin, the three Adelaide bowlers (Valente, Cormack, Pengelly) against PNG have gone for total of 134 runs from their 12 overs!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 542 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps