Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby oyster » Sat Apr 30, 2016 2:10 pm

backoftheroom wrote::shock: Oyster seems to have finally imploded, only a matter of time.

The inquiry is a a strange case though, sure, it will provide some more transparency on SACA's decision making process, but like it was mentioned earlier, in the end it may amount to sweet FA with no way to enforce it. This whole saga has carried on for way to long, its now not only affecting the clubs involved, but also every other club in the comp.

If there was a good enough argument to be kept in the comp it would have been made already, if it has fallen on deaf ears then deal with it; these people are in the position to make such a decision because they were put there, so let them do their jobs. At the end of the day all of grade cricket is losing out thanks to two clubs making a mess and trying to be big dogs when they simply are not.

Yes the Oyster might have imploded. My apologies for that to everyone. Passion comes at a price.
If you knew as much as I do about all of this, you would implode also. Some of whats gone on will get found out.
When that gets found out and released, then tell me that you would also not have "imploded".
As a proud member for years and years, I don't want to see my club turfed out or merged or amalgamated
Ask yourselves the question. If it was YOUR club and knew what I do about the process about whats gone on YOU also would be
screaming from the highest vantage point in Adelaide for all to hear. Lets wait and see what this parliamentary committee digs up
and then maybe people will change their tunes.
It's all good when its NOT YOUR CLUB to be objective an think it won't happen to you. Believe me if it was YOUR CLUB you'd be furious
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Magic Johnson » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:19 pm

backoftheroom wrote::shock: Oyster seems to have finally imploded, only a matter of time.

The inquiry is a a strange case though, sure, it will provide some more transparency on SACA's decision making process, but like it was mentioned earlier, in the end it may amount to sweet FA with no way to enforce it. This whole saga has carried on for way to long, its now not only affecting the clubs involved, but also every other club in the comp.

If there was a good enough argument to be kept in the comp it would have been made already, if it has fallen on deaf ears then deal with it; these people are in the position to make such a decision because they were put there, so let them do their jobs. At the end of the day all of grade cricket is losing out thanks to two clubs making a mess and trying to be big dogs when they simply are not.

Are you telling me if any it was any other club under the gun they would bend over and do as SACA say?....don't think so. Every club has the right to fight for its survival. If other clubs are struggling to cope at this point in time with the "mess", then they have bigger issues than WT and Port. As people have said before it has nothing to do with clubs like Glenelg etc....The thousands of people who support WT and Port DO not care if a few precious little egos are bruised through all of this.
Magic Johnson
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby oyster » Sat Apr 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Magic Johnson wrote:

Are you telling me if any it was any other club under the gun they would bend over and do as SACA say?....don't think so. Every club has the right to fight for its survival. If other clubs are struggling to cope at this point in time with the "mess", then they have bigger issues than WT and Port. As people have said before it has nothing to do with clubs like Glenelg etc....The thousands of people who support WT and Port DO not care if a few precious little egos are bruised through all of this.

Exactly. The thousands of supporters of West Torrens and the Swampys, have far more to lose than a few precious egos, than those on the SACA board. Both clubs have over 130 years of history each, and they won't go down without swinging and swinging really bloody hard. Both clubs will use EVERY and ANY tactic at their disposal to keep their club alive, as would any other SACA club. Who cares about a few SACA board members and their egos, when there is so much history at stake, and the lives of many thousands of players, supporters and life members are effected dramatically, should one or both sides either be forced to cease, or amalgamate. Bad luck SACA board, if it gets a hot in the kitchen very shortly
oyster
Rookie

Postby Eagles2014 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:21 pm

Magic Johnson wrote:

Well said Magic, I really don't think Backoftheroom and Daysofourlives get it at all, their bias against WT and PA shows thru in all their posts!

If SACA could show the Clubs why they came up with their decision and show the two reports they used to make it, the Clubs may agree they have good reason and look to merge. But they are refusing to do this. Hence, the parliamentary enquiry, which will force them to do this.

They are shit scared because they know they are going to be caught out. They continue to change their responses to our questions, and have dug themselves further and further into a large hole, as one lie and then another mis truth comes out.

That is why they have approached other Clubs to send out e-mails to members to try and stop this (as Glenelg told us Tony Clifton!!), which just shows how worried they are.

The Clubs will continue to fight as we have nothing to lose, and Heater - I have spoken to several from Adelaide CC who agree they thought they would be one of the Clubs under the pump and would be doing exactly the same thing if it was them, so for people on here to suggest we "get over it and just accept it" is total garbage!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 528 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:40 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
The Clubs will continue to fight as we have nothing to lose, and Heater - I have spoken to several from Adelaide CC who agree they thought they would be one of the Clubs under the pump and would be doing exactly the same thing if it was them, so for people on here to suggest we "get over it and just accept it" is total garbage!

The only negative for Adelaide was the size of the bank account, everything else was in an ok position, One of the best Junior retention/progression into First Grade, Healthy junior numbers and respectable on field results without bringing home the bacon in each grade. One of the better rated facilities in the competition. No doubt if the Administration in place during the 2013/14 season were to remain there would be no merger discussions at all.....just a liquidation sale :oops:

Were these board members? If they were not I hope they were prepared to step up as I know a couple of board members were going to seriously consider their positions on the board if they found themselves facing this sort of fight.

From a West Torrens perspective they should be disappointed as they actually have a future with a strong junior section.....Port Adelaide on the other hand not so much. Very little junior future and their current recruiting strategy consists of messaging any First or Second Year First Grade player from other clubs! They were a basket case 15-20 years ago and threatened to be kicked out. I bet SACA now wish they followed through with this......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Aerie » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:46 pm

It was interesting to see the Western Grit win the U16 Premier League recently. Essentially a combined Adelaide/West Torrens given Uni have no juniors. I think one of the teams had the pick of four grade clubs?

Every club went through that Cricket Australia checklist. That is another thing the SACA should publish to reveal results.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 150 times
Been liked: 509 times

Postby heater31 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:54 pm

Aerie wrote:It was interesting to see the Western Grit win the U16 Premier League recently. Essentially a combined Adelaide/West Torrens given Uni have no juniors. I think one of the teams had the pick of four grade clubs?

Incorrect. University supplied 1 player apparently........ and he was 2nd top score for the Grit in the Final
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Aerie » Sun May 01, 2016 12:12 am

heater31 wrote:
Aerie wrote:It was interesting to see the Western Grit win the U16 Premier League recently. Essentially a combined Adelaide/West Torrens given Uni have no juniors. I think one of the teams had the pick of four grade clubs?

Incorrect. University supplied 1 player apparently........ and he was 2nd top score for the Grit in the Final

A child prodigy?
Aerie
Coach

Postby Tony Clifton » Sun May 01, 2016 2:19 am

Recently arrived interstater. Had been in Vic junior squads.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Aerie » Sun May 01, 2016 9:35 am

Tony Clifton wrote:Recently arrived interstater. Had been in Vic junior squads.

Fair enough. Good on them. Given their resources, would make sense to give them the opportunity to produce junior cricketers for our state.
Aerie
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Eagles2014 wrote:
Magic Johnson wrote:

Well said Magic, I really don't think Backoftheroom and Daysofourlives get it at all, their bias against WT and PA shows thru in all their posts!

If SACA could show the Clubs why they came up with their decision and show the two reports they used to make it, the Clubs may agree they have good reason and look to merge. But they are refusing to do this. Hence, the parliamentary enquiry, which will force them to do this.

They are shit scared because they know they are going to be caught out. They continue to change their responses to our questions, and have dug themselves further and further into a large hole, as one lie and then another mis truth comes out.

That is why they have approached other Clubs to send out e-mails to members to try and stop this (as Glenelg told us Tony Clifton!!), which just shows how worried they are.

For the record I have no bias against either club, I dont care which clubs are told to merge.
What i do have a problem with is the focus of grade clubs, their primary role is to produce State cricketers not win premierships and most have lost sight of that. To produce better state cricketers we need to reduce the amount of grade clubs, 12 is a nice start but ultimately 10 or even 8 is ideal. It doesnt bother me how SACA arrive at the decision, the end result is what i care about.
Makes sense that the amount of clubs in the West is reduced, it also makes sense that Uni should be gone too but that isnt on the table. Now whether thats because of who's on the board or whatever doesnt bother me.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby oyster » Sun May 01, 2016 4:35 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
Eagles2014 wrote:
Magic Johnson wrote:

For the record I have no bias against either club, I dont care which clubs are told to merge.
What i do have a problem with is the focus of grade clubs, their primary role is to produce State cricketers not win premierships and most have lost sight of that. To produce better state cricketers we need to reduce the amount of grade clubs, 12 is a nice start but ultimately 10 or even 8 is ideal. It doesnt bother me how SACA arrive at the decision, the end result is what i care about.
Makes sense that the amount of clubs in the West is reduced, it also makes sense that Uni should be gone too but that isnt on the table. Now whether thats because of who's on the board or whatever doesnt bother me.

Idiot. Which club's charter, for their club, is thinking that "we'll just produce state players and not worry about premierships".
Every club and every player wants to play finals and win premierships. It's the reason we play sport. Playing for the state is the RESULT
of playing well in the pursuit of that premiership, and not the reason why grade clubs and players play. Good performances = State game
Please - stick to the Barossa page champ, as you really have no idea about grade cricket. I say that this time, in the nicest possible way.
oyster
Rookie

Postby backoftheroom » Sun May 01, 2016 4:38 pm

Oyster at it again... :roll:
backoftheroom

Postby daysofourlives » Sun May 01, 2016 5:47 pm

As usual, running with an attack on me rather than the issue at hand. Youre the only one making a dill of yourself Oyster.

I'd rather the Redbacks be in a better position to win titles than some grade club. Times change, there's too many grade clubs.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby C Horse » Sun May 01, 2016 7:20 pm

FYI Oyster

Glenelg won premiership 2012/13
West Torrens last premiership 2006/07 - and before that..... 1961/62.

Cheers.
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby oyster » Sun May 01, 2016 9:57 pm

C Horse wrote:FYI Oyster

Glenelg won premiership 2012/13
West Torrens last premiership 2006/07 - and before that..... 1961/62.

Cheers.

FYI C Horse

Glenelg have only won 6 A grade premierships

West Torrens has won 13 A grade premierships with the last being in 2006/07.
The Eagles have also won 4 West End Cup (One Day) Premierships (1971/72, 1972/73, 1993/94 and 2003/04).
During the past decade the club has also won lower grade premierships in 1995/96, 2002/03, 2007/08 and 2012/13 (B Grade), 2003/04, 2004/05 and 2006/07 (C Grade)
Plus West Torrens has won the SACA Club Championship 4 times in the last decade, in 2004/05, 2006/07, 2007/08 and 2011/12
Plus West Torrens has won countless junior premierships and U17 carnivals over the last decade.

Cheers
Oyster 1 - C Horse 0
oyster
Rookie

Postby C Horse » Sun May 01, 2016 10:52 pm

Good to see you have done some research for a change mate.

I was just replying to your post a couple of pages back that
"Both clubs (WT & PA) have won an A grade flag far more recently than Glenelg" which is not true.

It's not West Torrens history that has them in the gun pal - it's the present.....and the future.
Enjoy your popcorn cause it might be a short movie.
C Horse
Rookie

Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby oyster » Sun May 01, 2016 11:55 pm

C Horse wrote:Good to see you have done some research for a change mate.

I was just replying to your post a couple of pages back that
"Both clubs (WT & PA) have won an A grade flag far more recently than Glenelg" which is not true.

It's not West Torrens history that has them in the gun pal - it's the present.....and the future.
Enjoy your popcorn cause it might be a short movie.

As you all know SACA have nominated the Port Adelaide and West Torrens District Cricket Clubs as the two Club from which one will be eliminated from the 1st Grade (A Grade) competition in 2016/17, unless a merger of the two clubs is achieved.

The State Government is planning to establish a parliamentary committee to investigate the proposed merger in the Premier Cricket competition on May 18th.

We feel that this committee will unfairly target the Glenelg District Cricket Club and only cause more angst and pain in the local cricket community.

We are confident about Glenelg's position as a standalone club. Glenelg has elite players, a world-class ground and a strong community of people who love this club.

It is not the role of government to tell us to merge or close. No one spoke to us about the government's plans and our voice has deliberately been ignored up to this point.

How can you help us stop this?

Contact your state MP, the Government and Opposition and tell them that you oppose the committee.

Government Minister for Sport Leon Bignell: ministerleonbignell@sa.gov.au and 8226 1210

Opposition Shadow Minister for Sport Tim Whetstone: chaffey@parliament.sa.gov.au and 8582 4230

We appreciate your support in this matter and look forward to competing in the new season of the 12 team Premier league competition.

Regards,

Alan Scholz
GDCC Hon. Secretary

C Horse.
I wouldn't be too chirpy about being involved at a club that released the above. Perhaps you're good ol' Alan. Very embarrassing :oops:
Glenelg seem very, very worried about something coming out of the parliamentary enquiry don't they?
Let's just see what gets brought out in the parliamentary enquiry champ, and then you can eat your pop corn or maybe choke on it
Asking the general public - CAN YOU STOP THIS?
The answer is NO they can't
Lets wait and see what happens when all of paper work that the SACA won't or haven't released is brought out into the open :D :D :D
oyster
Rookie

Postby Trader » Mon May 02, 2016 12:03 am

C Horse wrote:West Torrens last premiership 2006/07 - and before that..... 1961/62.

1 A grade flag in 52 seasons, that is a concerning stat and one that would be a good reason to put WT in the gun.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby The Hound » Mon May 02, 2016 10:52 am

backoftheroom wrote:Oyster at it again... :roll:

Maybe Oyster is worried as WT maybe the only Premier club that will have him involved. If they go then maybe he will end up in the Barossa league :D

Think you will find the GDCC email is null and void as some communication between WT, GDCC and an MP has occurred over the last few days!

I would be more worried about a financial model than previous junior/lower grade premierships.

Just hurry the F up and make a decision. someone.
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 36 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps