PDCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: PDCA

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:32 pm

locky801 wrote:Hows the Earwigs looking Bedgewood ;)

This year will be aiming to stabilise a little and consolidate our financial position - we have outlayed a lot of money on projects recent years, and have just spent $4k on a bowling machine stand in the off season. With our clubroom development moving along well, we need to plan for it's completion and refurnish.

Along with that, we'd like to have a digital honour board added to the club, and uploaded with all key club statistics/milestones also.

Likely will drop back to 3x senior Men's sides this year, getting harder to find interested men, and I suspect majority of our premiership winning D grade will be moving on. Women's potentially back to 2 teams.

Juniors are shaping up very well - have filled our U12's side, and 2x U10's sides are at 80% capacity - with interest from some not registered, it's highly likely I'd have enough kids for 3x U10's.

Tempted to push for U14's but probably biting off more than I can chew. Working towards running our own "U8 / Master Blaster" competition this year and I'd like to target around 50 kids for that.

Junior Blasters is my favourite, I'm hoping the shorter season (8 weeks back to 6) will help with numbers and enthusiasm.

We didn't do the PAE 'Growing for Gold' school holiday program this year for the first time in 3yrs, hopefully that doesn't impact our recruitment much.

Unfortunately, with everything, the biggest challenge is finding volunteers, coaches and support for these programs.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4035 times

Postby locky801 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:45 pm

The Bedge wrote:

This year will be aiming to stabilise a little and consolidate our financial position - we have outlayed a lot of money on projects recent years, and have just spent $4k on a bowling machine stand in the off season. With our clubroom development moving along well, we need to plan for it's completion and refurnish.

Along with that, we'd like to have a digital honour board added to the club, and uploaded with all key club statistics/milestones also.

Likely will drop back to 3x senior Men's sides this year, getting harder to find interested men, and I suspect majority of our premiership winning D grade will be moving on. Women's potentially back to 2 teams.

Juniors are shaping up very well - have filled our U12's side, and 2x U10's sides are at 80% capacity - with interest from some not registered, it's highly likely I'd have enough kids for 3x U10's.

Tempted to push for U14's but probably biting off more than I can chew. Working towards running our own "U8 / Master Blaster" competition this year and I'd like to target around 50 kids for that.

Junior Blasters is my favourite, I'm hoping the shorter season (8 weeks back to 6) will help with numbers and enthusiasm.

We didn't do the PAE 'Growing for Gold' school holiday program this year for the first time in 3yrs, hopefully that doesn't impact our recruitment much.

Unfortunately, with everything, the biggest challenge is finding volunteers, coaches and support for these programs.

Cheers mate, thanks for the update, must catch up soon
You cant change your past but you can sure hell shape you future
locky801
Coach

Has liked: 3756 times
Been liked: 1178 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:05 pm

The Bedge wrote:

That's brilliant to hear

Am I right that the club didn't have juniors at all not that long ago? Seems like a great base forming
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby The Bedge » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:28 pm

Yeah that’s right - this season will be our 3rd full season with a Junior program. What started out as a 4 week pop-up blast program in April 2020 with half a dozen kids has rolled on. We have been really fortunate though that our retention rate is very high - most kids continue to return.

Ive had a strong focus on building a base and funnelling up, so we started with Pop-Up, then ran come and try days, Jnr Blasters.. then did 1x U10 side etc etc.

I figure if we can have good numbers at the bottom, then only need a percentage to come back to form the next side.

Para Vista are another who came from Churches and had no juniors - started same season as us from memory and are going strong. They’ve tried a different approach, went straight for a 14’s / 16’s as well as a 10’s so they had kids filtering into seniors. Appears to be paying dividends - had two good U10 sides last year, U12 and U14. They’re only few hundred metres up the road, so just shows if you put the work in you can get positive results.

I wish more focus had been put in this space 20yrs ago, but in Churches just didn’t seem to be thought of... prob a big reason why half the clubs folded and the competition died.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:50 pm

Word is Eyre Royals looking to put a turf pitch in and move to BLCA within the next two seasons.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby The Old Fellow » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:03 pm

The Bedge wrote:Word is Eyre Royals looking to put a turf pitch in and move to BLCA within the next two seasons.

It was the same word this time last year but the only issue was that most of their committee didn't know anything about it. Hopefully they may have caught up.
The Old Fellow
Rookie

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 24 times
Grassroots Team: Barmera-Monash

Postby The Bedge » Mon Aug 29, 2022 5:22 pm

Eyre are riding a good high at the moment off their new facility, location and name change.. but I'm not sure they're ready for a move - or the cost associated with upgrading to turf.

Still, good to have ambitions and goals.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby auto » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:25 pm

The Bedge wrote:Eyre are riding a good high at the moment off their new facility, location and name change.. but I'm not sure they're ready for a move - or the cost associated with upgrading to turf.

Heard two wells and dublin are going to barossa this year. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]
auto
League - Top 5

Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 29 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Aug 29, 2022 8:56 pm

auto wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Eyre are riding a good high at the moment off their new facility, location and name change.. but I'm not sure they're ready for a move - or the cost associated with upgrading to turf.

Heard two wells and dublin are going to barossa this year. [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Out of all the teams mentioned as going to the Barossa, i reckon the only one that would get more than a passing glance would be Dublin. Gawler is close enough to the city for a country comp
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1663 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:46 am

The Old Fellow wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Word is Eyre Royals looking to put a turf pitch in and move to BLCA within the next two seasons.

It was the same word this time last year but the only issue was that most of their committee didn't know anything about it. Hopefully they may have caught up.

I heard it from a club stalwart towards the end of the season and although I wasn't sold on it initially, it does have merit and would attract other players wanting to have a dip at turf. IIRC they were looking at having two sides in the Barossa and keeping their other 15 senior sides in the PDCA.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:50 am

Lightning McQueen wrote: keeping their other 15 senior sides in the PDCA.

:lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:53 am

daysofourlives wrote:
auto wrote:

Out of all the teams mentioned as going to the Barossa, i reckon the only one that would get more than a passing glance would be Dublin. Gawler is close enough to the city for a country comp

Travel times to Eyre Sports Ground:
South Gawler: 17 mins
Willaston: 18 mins
Gawler Central: 20 mins
Sandy Creek: 27 mins
Mallala: 30 mins
Greenock: 30 mins
Tanunda: 33 mins
Kapunda: 39 mins
Angasaton: 41 mins

Basically a 1-2 beer trip to any ground, easy drive to ands fro aswell.

As much as it would dent the PDCA I'd be onboard for the change.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:12 am

Nah **** Eyre Royals :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:13 am

The Bedge wrote:Nah **** Eyre Royals :lol:

:lol: :lol:
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:47 pm

Anyone know how much it costs to get a turf pitch up from scratch? Plus a roller?

Playford Council already own a wasted turf pitch at Argana Park, I seriously doubt you will see any new turf pitches pop up that aren’t self funded.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 50 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:15 pm

BenchedEagle wrote:Anyone know how much it costs to get a turf pitch up from scratch? Plus a roller?

Playford Council already own a wasted turf pitch at Argana Park, I seriously doubt you will see any new turf pitches pop up that aren’t self funded.

Roughly $6k per pitch to get it put in. Eg a five pitch square, $30k.

Then equipment on top of that plus the weekly maintenance & preparation. Expensive business!

A lot of clubs do it with fairly low costs - second hand equipment, volunteers doing the watering & preparation etc.
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:33 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:
BenchedEagle wrote:Anyone know how much it costs to get a turf pitch up from scratch? Plus a roller?

Then equipment on top of that plus the weekly maintenance & preparation. Expensive business!

A lot of clubs do it with fairly low costs - second hand equipment, volunteers doing the watering & preparation etc.

One thing that Eyre have is valuable people.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:07 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:One thing that Eyre have is valuable people.

Cant see Cam getting out and prepping a deck, and reckon Clarko has enough on his plate. :lol:
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:04 pm

They can only ask but I can’t see the BLCA letting them in
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3556 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby BenchedEagle » Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:09 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:

From experience you cant skimp out on no light roller, need the big boy or you’ll be rolling all week. Special low cut mowers, storage shed at ground level up at Eyre maybe an issue too.

Plus lot of hours work every week to see a Thursday night downpour ruin ya days play. The absolute pits!

Good luck to them if they go for it, but be careful what you wish for.
BenchedEagle
League - Top 5

Has liked: 50 times
Been liked: 50 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps