Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:14 pm

Ramrod wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Well Wlcome to 2015 avid cricket followers. Weather was not good last week and it seems this week will be awful as well. if the games dont get washed out here are my predictions. Nairne V Lobey: I think Nairne will start to hit there straps from here on in. They will be gunning for a top 2 finish, and this game will be a chance to flex there muscles. Lobey Just got over the line in there last game against a team they should've beaten comfortably. Nairnes Batting to Strong here. Ashbourne V Wistow: Well if Ashbourne want to keep there year alive with the top 4 looking quite settled they need to win well here. Wistow have a chance to Leapfrog Ashbourne if they Win. Wistow's batting is fragile, they get Kinlough out Cheaply Trouble for Wistow. Ashbourne Comfortably. Strath V Langhorne Creek: Strath would not be happy losing last game against Woodside and may take it out on the Creek. Langhornes good on paper, but havent put it together. The have quality Cricketers in there side and could cause a few upsets, however Strath's Depth with bat and ball will be to good.

I'll go with what you said there Ramrod. Unfortunately it looks like the weather I will get in the way again :(

Dont forget to pack a Jumper / Thermals RTRG if you're heading up to "The Hill"

might need a canoe tomorrow mate!
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Ramrod » Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:32 am

Well finally it looks like there will be some cricket played this weekend beofre having another weekend off the following one :/ My Previews for this week are as follows: Woodside Vs Nairne: What a game this promises to be, its a massive game as well as it could have big ramifications for the ladder, if Nairne win i cant see Woodside Finishing much higher than 4th. As i said last week Nairne will be doing everything to get a top 2 finish, and i believe they will be to strong here. Galvins the key, if they see him off, They win the game in my opinion. Woodside need to Bat well if there any chance, Nairne to get over the line here. Langhorne Creek Vs Wistow; Battle of the spoon here, Langhorne creek should not lose this on there home deck, Wistow will fall like a pack of cards if you get Kinlough out. If Langhorne's dont win this they wont win another game this year, with rumours that key personell wont be around for much longer. The creek comfortably. Lobey Vs Ashbourne: Lobey a chance to go top if they win with strath having the bye, Ashbourne hoping to keep there very slim finals hopes alive, unfortunately they wont be able to beat this suprising lobey team. To much class for Lobey, Lobey to win easy.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Big win for Ashbourne today defeating Lobey by 2 runs. Any other scores?
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:58 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Big win for Ashbourne today defeating Lobey by 2 runs. Any other scores?

Well done Ashbourne, No big surprise in my eyes.

Nairne by 1 run over Woodside

Creeks Annihilated Wistow by 153 runs
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 452 times

Postby Ramrod » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:04 pm

jackpot jim wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Big win for Ashbourne today defeating Lobey by 2 runs. Any other scores?

Well done Ashbourne, now a bigger chance to make finals if they play good cricket for the rest of the year. Lobey the big losers today, had a chance to go 10 points clear on top, instead there now Nairne only 4 points behind. Gonna be an exciting finish. No surprises with Langhornes, well done to your boys jackpot. Wistow must've been awful.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby jackpot jim » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:52 pm

Ramrod wrote:
jackpot jim wrote:

Well done Ashbourne, now a bigger chance to make finals if they play good cricket for the rest of the year. Lobey the big losers today, had a chance to go 10 points clear on top, instead there now Nairne only 4 points behind. Gonna be an exciting finish. No surprises with Langhornes, well done to your boys jackpot. Wistow must've been awful.

Wistow tried hard but simply outclassed by a mile.
Still coming to terms how we blew the game against them on the Hill in Round 5 :roll:
Creeks as good as anyone with the team they had today but from now on will be missing key players here and there which will make things tough.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 340 times
Been liked: 452 times

Postby batmanbegins » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:39 am

Big round in the HCA on the weekend, a big upset and important wins for a few other teams.

Flaggies caused a big upset with a reasonably comfortable win over meadows, rohan tried to keep meadows in it with the bat but had no support and flaggies appear to bat and bowl quite deep. Flaggies now appear to be one of the favourites for the flag and can further enhance that with big games against SCIB and lofty over the next few games.

Scibbies beat aldgate in a weird game where scibs were 7 for 52 before a late order resistance crept them up to 136. Then aldgate crumbled to be 7 for 21 before eventually making 78. Young benny mac is on a tear with another 6 wickets. Scibs appear to be settled in the top 4 and must beat flaggies if they want a top 2 finish.

Uraidla finally got a win on the board with a big win over lofty, uris now have 3 winnable games coming up and are a sneaky chance of making the finals in place of lofty after this win. Lofty must beat aldgate this week, then they have a huge game against flaggies.

Stirling had a good win against kangarilla, there bowling was much improved with young van paridon backing up shaw and gonzalez kept up his good form. For kangys they just lack some depth to be a top side. Both sides are playing for pride for the rest of the year and will be hoping to cause some upsets.
batmanbegins
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 187 times

Postby The Old Foss » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:36 am

With only 3 rounds left, are there any sides locked in the Top 4?
I would assume that Meadows being top have secured a finals spot, what about the rest?
The Old Foss
Mini-League

Been liked: 1 time

Postby rainbow warrior » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:13 am

I would suggest Meadows, Flagstaff Hill and SCIB have virtually cemented spots, the rest seem to be fighting it out for fourth. All teams still mathematical possibilities.
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Been liked: 4 times

Postby The Old Foss » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Thanks Rainbow Warrior.

Does anyone know if the HCA Myer Shield side has been announced yet?
The Old Foss
Mini-League

Postby rainbow warrior » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:39 pm

The Old Foss wrote:Thanks Rainbow Warrior.

Does anyone know if the HCA Myer Shield side has been announced yet?

Hi mate yes it has they leave tomorrow. Side names are in this weeks Courier. Got off my arse, went upstairs and got the courier to let you know.

Mighty Stirling: Gonzales.
Uraidla: Brown, Rumbelow
SCIB: McGowan, Williamson
Meadows: Frazer, Tonkin
Kangarilla: Featherstone
Flagstaff Hill: Petty, Goulding, Cox
Happy Valley: Middleton, Turnbull

Hopefully the lads get up and do the comp proud.
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Postby Dutchy » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:20 pm

Where are the Reid boys?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3571 times

Postby Alaska » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:39 am

And no Sinclair?
2017 and 2018 NFL Fantasy Champion
Alaska
League - Best 21

Has liked: 96 times
Been liked: 64 times

Postby rainbow warrior » Fri Jan 23, 2015 10:25 am

The Courier stated that the Meadows boys have a wedding on. Sinclair does seem a strange omission however with his record this year. I am new to the comp so don't know a lot o these players so it is hard for me to gauge where they all fit. Some blokes probably make themselves unavailable too, would not surprise me.
rainbow warrior
Rookie

Postby The Old Foss » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:30 pm

cheers rainbow warrior, you're a gentlman and a scolar

This side doesnt seem to be as strong as previous years. The Reids are a huge loss, but so is Chad Dawe, and Sinclair.
good luck to the lads on the weekend.
The Old Foss
Mini-League

Postby Dutchy » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:23 pm

I think you will find SInka's is heavily committed to work during the TDU.

Anyway good to see a weakened HCA still take out the shield, has to be close to the best Country comp in the state.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3571 times

Postby Ramrod » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:12 am

Finally with Meyer shield out of the way we can finally play some cricket. Here are my predicitions for this week. Langhorne Creek Vs Lobey; Well the question is can Langhorne Creek carry some of their T20 form into the Proper Cricket. Big game this for Lobey They Missed a chance to go 1 game clear of Strath after losing to Ashbourne, They wouldnt want to lose again with Nairne breathing down there neck as well. Langhorne's Will miss Johnson a lot, and i just cant see them defeating Lobey this week. Lobey comfortably. Woodside Vs Ashbourne. This in My opinion is a massive game and if Woodside win they pretty much seal a finals berth. Ashbourne on the other hand, if they win this they all of a sudden have a chance as well. I've always thought Woodsides batting is there issue, but they have seemed to fix this. Ashbourne have guys with Talent, can they cause an upset? I dont think so Woodside in good touch. Woodside Comfortably. Strath Vs Wistow; Well goodluck Wistow, This will be a smashing, i cant say it any other way. After the Outright earlier in the year and rumours about some carry on from some wistow lads, Strath will have a field day. Strath to Much quality and depth, Wistow have Kinlough thats about it with the bat. If Wistow are any chance they need Nettle to fire early. Strath will be thinking a lot of points here. Strath to win by a lot.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby FlyingHigh » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:59 pm

Sad times for hills sport, and the TVCA in particular, with the passing of Trevor Graeber on the weekend.
An institution and such a revered figure for anyone who grew up playing in the Torrens Valley.
FlyingHigh
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 81 times
Been liked: 176 times

Postby Corona Man » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:50 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:Sad times for hills sport, and the TVCA in particular, with the passing of Trevor Graeber on the weekend.
An institution and such a revered figure for anyone who grew up playing in the Torrens Valley.

Wow I was unaware of that. Trevor was a giant of Hills sport, not just cricket. I recall him playing in the lower grades when he was getting on, but mainly umpiring many TVCA games. His writing style will be remembered as well, a pretty decent sporting journo for the Courier.

Condolences to the family.

Vale Trevor Graeber
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1281 times
Been liked: 3494 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby saintal » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:58 pm

FlyingHigh wrote:Sad times for hills sport, and the TVCA in particular, with the passing of Trevor Graeber on the weekend.

Sad to hear this. When I was young TG used to umpire a lot of our matches. Was always keen for a chat afterwards and encouraged the young guys.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 348 times
Been liked: 431 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps