ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby helicopterking » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:06 pm

thevoice wrote:unreal. bloke takes 70 wickets and doesn't play finals. Real heavy shoulders!
Old Scotch vs PD will be a cracker.

Fair effort that. 26 2nd innings wickets.
Pt Dist bowling a bit thin, but get Scholz out cheaply, that will go along way
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:28 am

thevoice wrote:unreal. bloke takes 70 wickets and doesn't play finals. Real heavy shoulders!
Old Scotch vs PD will be a cracker.

Great effort to take 70 wickets, but the harsh reality is that they struggled with the bat. Not once were they able to make 200 in an innings and if you can't do that you probably don't deserve to be in finals.
Old Scotch and Port Districts are definitely the two form sides.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 533 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:33 am

thevoice wrote:Hearing some mail on Pooraka B's not wanting to go to A2? And a possible Penfield/Brahma Lodge merger? Any truth?

Yes, I believe a Penfield merger is on, but they don't have many options out that way. Brahma Lodge is logical option, but I think they are also talking to Mawson Lakes.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:45 am

so what are peoples thoughts this week.

A1

Pooraka v Walkerville - Pooraka to win AGAIN
St Peters v Grange- St Peters

A2

ROCS v Marion- Rocs been the best team all year there so see them going through.
Scotch v Port. - Port know how to win as shown in the last 8 games. but scotch did beat Rocs last week so i think they will get up and port will collapse

A3
Pooraka v SHOC- Pooraka again but SHOC will go close.
Flinders Park v Trinity, Trinity are a better side. If Ali Barra or Mitch get going. its good night Flinders Park.
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:21 am

Cracking weekend for it, shouldn't be any weather issues.

Pooraka
Grange

ROCS
Scotch

Pooraka
Trinity.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:18 pm

Pooraka smashed Walkerville in Semi last year and I expect them to do the same this year.
Grange to win and set up a cracking grand final

ROCS are a very steady side and I think they might sneak in over Marion, but this one will be close. Marion's batting is the problem, it hasn't been great of late.
Old Scotch have won their last 5 and Port Districts their last 8. I believe Scotch's better players (Scholz, Weaver, Bourne and Fox) are better than Port's better players, so Scotch to win.

Pooraka will have too much experience for SHOC
Could be another run feast between Flinders Park and Trinity. In round 2 Flinders Park made 394 and Trinity replied with 8/367, Trinity to restrict Flinders Park to 350 and get the runs 9 down.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Fricky » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Pooraka smashed Walkerville in Semi last year and I expect them to do the same this year.

ROCS are a very steady side and I think they might sneak in over Marion, but this one will be close. Marion's batting is the problem, it hasn't been great of late.
Old Scotch have won their last 5 and Port Districts their last 8. I believe Scotch's better players (Scholz, Weaver, Bourne and Fox) are better than Port's better players, so Scotch to win.

Could be another run feast between Flinders Park and Trinity. In round 2 Flinders Park made 394 and Trinity replied with 8/367, Trinity to restrict Flinders Park to 350 and get the runs 9 down.

As much as I love Walkerville, if all their teams lose this weekend we get the oval back a week earlier for footy training so I wouldn't be too upset if the cricket lads fell out of the final.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 94 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Trader » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Suri wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Pooraka smashed Walkerville in Semi last year and I expect them to do the same this year.

As much as I love Walkerville, if all their teams lose this weekend we get the oval back a week earlier for footy training so I wouldn't be too upset if the cricket lads fell out of the final.

While the A's are expected to get knocked over, In B1 I'd suggest Walkerville would be confident to win and keep playing next week.
Their C1s are underdogs against modbury, but you never know in the lower grades.

Overall, unlikely you'll get the oval early Suri!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Dogwatcher » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Sonofbrowny25 wrote: A3 Flinders Park v Trinity, Trinity are a better side. If Ali Barra or Mitch get going. its good night Flinders Park.

I'm expecting a huge match from Tom Cousins.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Fricky » Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:37 pm

Trader wrote:
Suri wrote:

While the A's are expected to get knocked over, In B1 I'd suggest Walkerville would be confident to win and keep playing next week.
Their C1s are underdogs against modbury, but you never know in the lower grades.

Dammit
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby tigerpie » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:28 pm

Trader wrote:
Suri wrote:

Reynella don't lose too many finals. Should be a good game.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Slots It Through » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Scotch better players will need to stand up tomorrow, chasing a few.
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby helicopterking » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Pt Districts 7/312 v Scotch
Marion 6/249 v ROCS
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Slots It Through » Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Scotch 7/170
Slots It Through
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Portland

Postby helicopterking » Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:40 pm

ROCS bowled out for 67.
Scotch were 9/217
helicopterking
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:08 am

tigerpie wrote:
Trader wrote:
Suri wrote:

Reynella don't lose too many finals. Should be a good game.

Looks like walkerville footy club get their oval back early.
B1's finish top and got done by Reynella and A1's got beaten as well i believe. ;)
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Mar 20, 2017 11:42 am

A1s- Pooraka v Grange
A2s- Port Districts v Marion
A3s- Pooraka v Flinders Park
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:32 pm

tigerpie wrote:Looks like walkerville footy club get their oval back early.
B1's finish top and got done by Reynella and A1's got beaten as well i believe. ;)

Yup, tough weekend for Walkies, their C1s went down by 3 runs as well after having Modbury 8/117 and letting the last two put on another 56.
Trader
Assistant Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Trader wrote:
tigerpie wrote:Looks like walkerville footy club get their oval back early.

Yup, tough weekend for Walkies, their C1s went down by 3 runs as well after having Modbury 8/117 and letting the last two put on another 56.

While its disappointing for the cricket club, particularly the B's, it helps us. We aren't going Tues, Thursday this week, but the goals will be up at both ends by COB tomorrow and we're trying to get the trial match moved from Thebby to Walkerville for Saturday provided the centre wicket is ready to go.

There were a few dozen sad beers had by the cricket boys at the club on Sunday evening.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Postby Sonofbrowny25 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:12 pm

What are peoples thoughts on the medal counts..

A1 Hanson again 811 Runs and 29 wickets . he will streak them.

A2 Warrick Stanborough- 329 runs and 41 wickets, but a bloke who takes 70 wickets in a year might get him

A3- Mitch Dearing - 400 runs and 27 wickets again will sh*t it in i would think
Sonofbrowny25
Under 18s

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 25 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps