Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Barossa & Light Cricket 2014/15.

Postby scud » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:59 am

carey wrote:Reading this I might not play next week and come watch this unfold! :lol:

Might be worth it mate, haha.

Funny how the last two years it's been really good playing Sandy. Not sure what's changed.
scud
Under 16s

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 11 times

Postby BoundaryRider84 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:00 am

carey wrote:Reading this I might not play next week and come watch this unfold! :lol:

Cockies v Hillbillys Saturday 8th November @ 1pm. In my dairy ;-)
WE ARE GEELONG!
BoundaryRider84
League - Best 21

Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 225 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Extractor » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:19 am

*grabs popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Extractor
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 15 times
Grassroots Team: Gawler Central

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:10 am

Extractor wrote:*grabs popcorn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that escalated quickly, and i thought no one read this anymore
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:41 am

Seems these two sides have a genuine rivalry building. As long as it doesnt become too personal or taken further I reckon its great for the comp.
Sounds like a cracking game up at Angaston, reckon it will go down to the wire next week, Sandy bowlers in good form against a strong Ango batting lineup.
Interesting to see first innings decided on day 1 in a couple of the games, only saw the last hour at Kapunda but the Freeling side looked a bit light on. Injuries or a wedding or something im assuming, really big chance for Kapunda to pick up some big points.
South must be worse than I though, couldnt see Nuri winning a game yet it looks they will win outright, the worry was on Souths bowling but seems their batting isnt that flash either, 24 wickets for just over 200 runs is a fair day out
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby magpieeagle » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:59 am

Things are forgotten in 12mths quickly!!!!!!
magpieeagle
Reserves

Has liked: 108 times
Been liked: 69 times

Postby daysofourlives » Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:36 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Seems these two sides have a genuine rivalry building. As long as it doesnt become too personal or taken further I reckon its great for the comp.
Sounds like a cracking game up at Angaston, reckon it will go down to the wire next week, Sandy bowlers in good form against a strong Ango batting lineup.
Interesting to see first innings decided on day 1 in a couple of the games, only saw the last hour at Kapunda but the Freeling side looked a bit light on. Injuries or a wedding or something im assuming, really big chance for Kapunda to pick up some big points.
South must be worse than I though, couldnt see Nuri winning a game yet it looks they will win outright, the worry was on Souths bowling but seems their batting isnt that flash either, 24 wickets for just over 200 runs is a fair day out

The prez took a lazy 12 for the day, 9 for in the 1st dig, id imagine Travis Jungfer would have bought him drinks all night and paid a hefty fine for grabbing the other one
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bennymacca » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:37 pm

Red Rocket wrote:Seems these two sides have a genuine rivalry building. As long as it doesnt become too personal or taken further I reckon its great for the comp.

Yeah it was a bit of a struggle to get 3 teams this week for Freeling, though because of people that could only play 1 week the A4s were almost the strongest team!

Should be much better soon
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Slowey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:09 pm

scud wrote:
norm11 wrote:
scud wrote:What do people think , in the A1s should the central umpire be allowed to overall a decision made by square leg, (ie stumping , runout if it's obvious ) just asking the question as there was a incident in our game today where the umpire said to me he would've overalled if he could've ?? I'm not having a go because I probably would've made the same decision but I'm just asking peoples thought??

Well done to sandy today to only lose 6 wickets all day their imports look ok... Really like the look of the left handed kid at the end Koch I think was his name..
Happy with my boys to toil away all day and keep the score under 250 set up for a good run chase

Nice couple of digs at us there. Short memories u guys have. Anyway looking forward to next week.

What were the digs ??? Short memories??? Pretty sure I wrote that I would've made the same decision, maybe get someone to read the post to you norm and explain it.. Didn't have a dig at all. Then I said well done to you guys, your a disgrace mate, only see what you want to see...

. Yep bring on next week bill we all might sit in the grandstand and yell stupid childish shit out... That might be half the reason you can't get a coaching gig , who wants what you did yesterday running a footy club

Talk about short memories I reckon I heard cockiness like this at 6/50 in a semi final a couple years ago...

Would have loved to have been there to watch arguably the two most hated cricketers in the BLG go at it Saturday. By the fall out from it all seem there isn't any loved loss between the two sides. Having not been there or seen what took place I still find it hard to accept anyone calling and opposition player a cheat. Will definitely be looking forward to reading the forum Sunday to read all about the fall out from this game.
Slowey

Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Brahma Lodge

Postby Red Rocket » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:22 pm

Slowey wrote:Would have loved to have been there to watch arguably the two most hated cricketers in the BLG go at it Saturday. By the fall out from it all seem there isn't any loved loss between the two sides. Having not been there or seen what took place I still find it hard to accept anyone calling and opposition player a cheat. Will definitely be looking forward to reading the forum Sunday to read all about the fall out from this game.

What is this BLG you speak of?
As for the two most hated players that seems a bit harsh. Dont know them personally too well but both guys seem to play the game hard but ive always seen them have a beer with the opposition after the game, dont know what they are like against other sides but havnt heard too many complaints from what ive seen. As ive said before they do seem to have created a fair rivalry and thats good for the comp IMO, just as long as it doesnt cross the line or become physical then all is good.
Definately will tune in Saturday night to see the outcome on this forum, would be great though to get some supporters of other sides on here as its a ripping comp.
Red Rocket
Under 18s

Been liked: 72 times
Grassroots Team: Kapunda

Postby Slowey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:34 pm

BLC sorry rocket my bad.
I'll say two most competitive cricketers that suffer the worst case of white line fever. I hope that doesn't offend you or the two i speak of.
Slowey

Postby Slowey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:36 pm

Calling opposition player a cheat is surely over stepping the mark?? Personnel enough one would think.
Slowey

Postby cokadonkeytoo » Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Things get said in the heat of battle, and yesty got pretty heated. Bretty apologised today and I sincerely appreciate the gesture and as far as I'm concerned the matter is all done with. Doesn't mean I'm not going to try and knock em all over next week though. Will be a decent battle
Get that corn outta my face!!
cokadonkeytoo
Under 18s

Been liked: 44 times
Grassroots Team: Para Hills

Postby scud » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:31 pm

Slowey wrote:Calling opposition player a cheat is surely over stepping the mark?? Personnel enough one would think.

Yep this was not good enough by me at all, and I do and have sincerely apologised to the big fella, he is a good man and one in which I know (now I've cooled down) would've made the call he honestly felt was right. I look forward to him steaming in trying to rip my head off on Saturday :), but the good thing I know about all the Sandy lads is we play hard but we all will have a beer and most probably a laugh at it all after the game.
scud
Under 16s

Postby scud » Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Red Rocket wrote:
Slowey wrote:Would have loved to have been there to watch arguably the two most hated cricketers in the BLG go at it Saturday. By the fall out from it all seem there isn't any loved loss between the two sides. Having not been there or seen what took place I still find it hard to accept anyone calling and opposition player a cheat. Will definitely be looking forward to reading the forum Sunday to read all about the fall out from this game.

As for the two most hated players that seems a bit harsh. Dont know them personally too well but both guys seem to play the game hard but ive always seen them have a beer with the opposition after the game, dont know what they are like against other sides but havnt heard too many complaints from what ive seen. As ive said before they do seem to have created a fair rivalry and thats good for the comp IMO, just as long as it doesnt cross the line or become physical then all is good.
Definately will tune in Saturday night to see the outcome on this forum, would be great though to get some supporters of other sides on here as its a ripping comp.

Yep, I have no doubt I have more haters than lovers out there but I won't make any apologies for that , but I don't over step any boundaries and when and if I ever do (which has been very minimal times) I'm the first bloke to apologise and buy someone a beer. I'm passionate and love my cricket club and team mates.
But that doesn't stop when I'm not playing for Ango , all the representative teams I've played in over the years I've played the same way, I guess the players that can separate what happens on the field with off it, are the one throughout this league that I'll have a beer with anywhere and anytime , and I'm comfortable with that.
scud
Under 16s

Postby carey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:47 pm

I love heat of the battle stuff. Did you over step the mark? MMM maybe but, we all have at some stage. You've apologized he accepted that should be issue over.

In fact I had some real heated battles with Sandy Creek back in the day even had a physical altercation on one occasion out at Sandy so let's blame them! Lol. The pricks have always been a good side tho. Robbo was skipper one game that really stands out was Lee Ratcliffs first game for Sandy for some reason we played it at Riverside I think Sandy was under water or something like that.

Then I remember leaving my car at Sandy after a session in the Sandy hotel with Bomber and the Lee brothers I reckon. Good times
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby carey » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:49 pm

carey wrote:I love heat of the battle stuff. Did you over step the mark? MMM maybe but, we all have at some stage. You've apologized he accepted that should be issue over.

In fact I had some real heated battles with Sandy Creek back in the day even had a physical altercation on one occasion out at Sandy so let's blame them! Lol. The pricks have always been a good side tho. Robbo was skipper one game that really stands out was Lee Ratcliffs first game for Sandy for some reason we played it at Riverside I think Sandy was under water or something like that.

Then I remember leaving my car at Sandy after a session in the Sandy hotel with Bomber and the Lee brothers I reckon. Good times

I also remember a wedding in the hall there that we somehow got in to and drunk all night for nothing. Thinks Woodsy tried to tell us we couldn't that didn't work!!!
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2812 times
Been liked: 2999 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Slowey » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:55 am

scud wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

Yep, I have no doubt I have more haters than lovers out there but I won't make any apologies for that , but I don't over step any boundaries and when and if I ever do (which has been very minimal times) I'm the first bloke to apologise and buy someone a beer. I'm passionate and love my cricket club and team mates.
But that doesn't stop when I'm not playing for Ango , all the representative teams I've played in over the years I've played the same way, I guess the players that can separate what happens on the field with off it, are the one throughout this league that I'll have a beer with anywhere and anytime , and I'm comfortable with that.

At the end of the day if you personally are comfortable with your behaviour and don't think you over stepped the mark than that's that. If you can share a beer with anyone or anywhere and they are willing to after what's said on the day than everyone should move on.
I think there is way's to be remembered by others and i'd prefer to let my cricket do the talking and not my mouth. Each to there own and there is no right or wrong's in both cases if you still play within the rules.
Slowey

Postby scud » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:03 am

Slowey wrote:
scud wrote:
Red Rocket wrote:

At the end of the day if you personally are comfortable with your behaviour and don't think you over stepped the mark than that's that. If you can share a beer with anyone or anywhere and they are willing to after what's said on the day than everyone should move on.
I think there is way's to be remembered by others and i'd prefer to let my cricket do the talking and not my mouth. Each to there own and there is no right or wrong's in both cases if you still play within the rules.

Yep I totally agree, I think there are ways in which your team mates remember you and ways the opposition remember you, i have played in this league long enough to know there are certain guys who if you can get under their skin won't perform or find it harder to perform and as a bowler I have tried to use this to my advantage, let's face it I'm no jimmy Vandy or doeckes (well done to him to for Saturdays effort, just a amazing effort, imagine taking 11 or 12 wickets in a day, wow) I can't just bowl bounces and unsettle blokes so I do it in other ways, and I too like to leave it to letting your results do the talking.

By the way no one has answered my original question , which I wasn't being a smart ass because I have been on the other side of the decision many times over the years where I have given a run out or stumping not out and the opposition have gone off, if the central umpire is confident a decision was for one reason or another wrong , does he have the power to over turn it???
Who's to say that the square leg fielder wasn't in the way or the wicket keeper is covering stumps so your unsure when the stumps are actually taken, which I think was the case for sat and that is fair enough.
scud
Under 16s

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:41 am

carey wrote:I love heat of the battle stuff. Did you over step the mark? MMM maybe but, we all have at some stage. You've apologized he accepted that should be issue over.

I never have :lol: :lol:
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps