ATCA

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: ATCA

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:03 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Interesting results in A2 Saturday....

Ingle Farm 7/180 v Woody South 74 - Woody South out of finals contention
Modbury 95 v Fulham 2/59 - Modbury doomed for A3
Old Scotch 105 v Hectorville 59 and 1/15 (Nathan Fox 9 for 36 WOW!)
Port Districts 6/94 v Marion - washed out after 35.4 overs - advantage Marion
Unley v ROCS 153 off 78 overs - advantage Unley, but very slow outfield at Kingswood
Woodville Rechabites 108 v Penfield 3/151 - Woody Rechabites doomed for A3

Modbury have stacked their B2 team after Xmas and are sitting top.

That's a little harsh. As you know, there is a massive gap between B2 and A2. Modbury's problem all year has been their inability to make runs - they lack any class batsmen and have been consistently bowled out for around 100. I think they are picking their best team in A Grade, but the reality is that the majority of their bats are good in B Grade, but struggle in A Grade. I cannot see anyone in their B Grade that could come up to A Grade and make a significant difference.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Has liked: 206 times
Been liked: 534 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:16 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Unley v ROCS 153 off 78 overs - advantage Unley, but very slow outfield at Kingswood

That's a little harsh. As you know, there is a massive gap between B2 and A2. Modbury's problem all year has been their inability to make runs - they lack any class batsmen and have been consistently bowled out for around 100. I think they are picking their best team in A Grade, but the reality is that the majority of their bats are good in B Grade, but struggle in A Grade. I cannot see anyone in their B Grade that could come up to A Grade and make a significant difference.

Brayden Nicol is playing in the ATCA U/21 side but Playing B2s since Jan 17.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:26 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Brayden Nicol is playing in the ATCA U/21 side but Playing B2s since Jan 17.

Yep his 5.7 run average in A grade prior to Jan was amazing.....
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:32 pm

Exactly my point. Started in A Grade and made 40 runs in 7 innings at an average of 5.7. He might be good enough to play in the ATCA U21 team, but on those numbers he has earnt his spot in their B Grade.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby helicopterking » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:33 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Exactly my point. Started in A Grade and made 40 runs in 7 innings at an average of 5.7. He might be good enough to play in the ATCA U21 team, but on those numbers he has earnt his spot in their B Grade.

The kid has ability. Maybe not open with him.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:36 pm

helicopterking wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:Exactly my point. Started in A Grade and made 40 runs in 7 innings at an average of 5.7. He might be good enough to play in the ATCA U21 team, but on those numbers he has earnt his spot in their B Grade.

The kid has ability. Maybe not open with him.

No doubt the kid has ability, but ability alone doesn't = success. I think he only opened in 2 of the games, batted 4-5 in the others, could be wrong.

But as far as Modbury stacking their B grade i think that's 100% incorrect and the points SMG has made are entirely correct.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Trader » Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:53 pm

Those that played the Last B-grade game for Modbury (Rd 9)

GAbrey - 9B's - not stacking
BNicol - 5A, 4Bs, yo-yo'd all season. Top score of 10 in the A's. - not stacking
PDicker - 5Bs, 4As - started B's, moved up, hit a 45 and 15, however hasn't scored double figures in last 8 knocks - not stacking

MCarver - 2A, 6Bs - Averaging 40 in the Bs so potentially 1 that could go up, but only made 2 and 2 in his 2 A grade games - possible stacking.
MJohnson - 6B, 1C, 1E - started low and moved his way up. 113 @ 56.5 over his last 3 games, could push into A's soon. - watch closely.

ASommerton - 3A, 3B - played the first 3 in the As, then had time off, has come back into the B's post Xmas for 130 runs and 9 wickets in the last 3 games, has returned to the A's for Rd 10. - not stacking.
SAnderson - 1A, 8B - playing as a keeper only. - not stacking.
GHanjrah - 7B, Bowler, only twice taken more than 2 wickets (3 and 5) - not stacking.

AMassacci - 5A, 4B - started in the A's, dropped down to B's post Xmas, took a 5 and 4 first two games yet stayed down - stacking.
JDuthie - 4A, 5B - started up, came down, hasn't taken many wickets at all. - not stacking.
JLamerton - 2A, 6B - U17 player, with a best hall of 2 for - not stacking.

Based on that I would say there is only 1 player I'd question, and 2 that you could make a case for either way. 8 are clearly playing where they should be.
Certainly seen many other clubs do far worse over the years.
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:18 pm

I hear there was some big hitting in the GX v PAOC LO Division 5 game on Saturday
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 728 times
Been liked: 1087 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:43 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:I hear there was some big hitting in the GX v PAOC LO Division 5 game on Saturday

I was talking to one of the umpires on the main oval.....they were getting a bit tired from having to throw the ball back all afternoon. Was it Tom Brinsley that made 200 in a losing side?
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Trader wrote:Those that played the Last B-grade game for Modbury (Rd 9)

GAbrey - 9B's - not stacking
BNicol - 5A, 4Bs, yo-yo'd all season. Top score of 10 in the A's. - not stacking
PDicker - 5Bs, 4As - started B's, moved up, hit a 45 and 15, however hasn't scored double figures in last 8 knocks - not stacking

MCarver - 2A, 6Bs - Averaging 40 in the Bs so potentially 1 that could go up, but only made 2 and 2 in his 2 A grade games - possible stacking.
MJohnson - 6B, 1C, 1E - started low and moved his way up. 113 @ 56.5 over his last 3 games, could push into A's soon. - watch closely.

ASommerton - 3A, 3B - played the first 3 in the As, then had time off, has come back into the B's post Xmas for 130 runs and 9 wickets in the last 3 games, has returned to the A's for Rd 10. - not stacking.
SAnderson - 1A, 8B - playing as a keeper only. - not stacking.
GHanjrah - 7B, Bowler, only twice taken more than 2 wickets (3 and 5) - not stacking.

AMassacci - 5A, 4B - started in the A's, dropped down to B's post Xmas, took a 5 and 4 first two games yet stayed down - stacking.
JDuthie - 4A, 5B - started up, came down, hasn't taken many wickets at all. - not stacking.
JLamerton - 2A, 6B - U17 player, with a best hall of 2 for - not stacking.

Based on that I would say there is only 1 player I'd question, and 2 that you could make a case for either way. 8 are clearly playing where they should be.
Certainly seen many other clubs do far worse over the years.

Modbury's two A Grade opening bowlers (Edwards and Radan) both go allright, so A Massacci unlikely to be picked ahead of them. In the last two games they picked Cooper Elphick as the third seamer. He is still an U17 with plenty of talent, so good to see them giving him some exposure in A Grade. So, I don't see A Massacci playing B Grade as stacking.
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:02 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:I hear there was some big hitting in the GX v PAOC LO Division 5 game on Saturday

I was talking to one of the umpires on the main oval.....they were getting a bit tired from having to throw the ball back all afternoon. Was it Tom Brinsley that made 200 in a losing side?

Yep: he said he was going to play left handed
I dont know if he did
They did lose.
Just shows how $hit their other players are 8-[
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:13 pm

Hanson 200* for Pooraka.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Senor Moto Gadili » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:17 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I dont know if he did
They did lose.

Haha...that's gold. I hope he did bat left handed....his switch hit would have been pretty effective
Senor Moto Gadili
Veteran

Postby bloods08 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:26 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:

I dont know if he did
They did lose.

Haha...that's gold. I hope he did bat left handed....his switch hit would have been pretty effective

Batted right hand and was about 3 classes above the rest.

One of the most remarkable games of cricket I have witnessed.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 13 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:21 pm

bloods08 wrote:
Batted right hand and was about 3 classes above the rest.
One of the most remarkable games of cricket I have witnessed.

Did he bowl bloods?
I was amazed GX got the runs, mind you, the average age of the PAOC players was probably around 50 and average weight about 100 kgs
Jimmy_041
Coach

Postby bloods08 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:29 pm

Bowled at the end. Started bowling spin and then bowled meds when got hit around.

Looked to be a pretty young side to me. A couple of older blokes. Good on them for getting a side on the park after apparently having their first ever forfeit last week in over 90 years of being in the competition.
Go you Redbacks!
bloods08
Assistant Coach

Been liked: 13 times

Postby Whatsfordinner » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:58 pm

Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Modbury stacking? Fairly harsh.. they lost their best players in McNally to Victoria in the off season and picked up two TTG low grade players, possibly modbury juniors.
They've definitely not been making many more than 100 all year, which is a problem. I played against the a grade side last year and they were too good for us. And had class bats then? McNally, Barrett and wood. All made 400+ in a3 last year. Wood is the only one remaining this year, although Barrett has played a few games here and there. From what I'm hearing this year they are just struggling being a young side and their captain doesn't seem to have much of a leadership background. Chased him up on MyCricket and played a lot of low grade cricket at hope valley before moving last season?
We played their b grade this season and they didn't really light the world on fire but did hold their own, just a balanced side, well captained!

A1 is a two horse race, with pooraka and grange looking real good. Walkerville and SPOC the two other contenders. Brighton and Pembroke will be counting down the days till the end of the season with no hope in staying up

A2 is anyone's to win, rocs look like possibly dropping another one this week? Port districts, Marion, ingle farm, hectorville all fairly even sides! No real standouts. Modbury and rechabites look certain for relegation

A3 is poorakas to lose I feel.. old ignations are a real surprise packet! SHOC are the only ones who I feel can beat pooraka, their batting strength is fairly quality! Golden grove will be looking for a big outright win this week over PAOC in their quest for survival.
Whatsfordinner

Been liked: 3 times

Postby helicopterking » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:
Senor Moto Gadili wrote:
helicopterking wrote:

Modbury stacking? Fairly harsh.. they lost their best players in McNally to Victoria in the off season and picked up two TTG low grade players, possibly modbury juniors.
They've definitely not been making many more than 100 all year, which is a problem. I played against the a grade side last year and they were too good for us. And had class bats then? McNally, Barrett and wood. All made 400+ in a3 last year. Wood is the only one remaining this year, although Barrett has played a few games here and there. From what I'm hearing this year they are just struggling being a young side and their captain doesn't seem to have much of a leadership background. Chased him up on MyCricket and played a lot of low grade cricket at hope valley before moving last season?
We played their b grade this season and they didn't really light the world on fire but did hold their own, just a balanced side, well captained!

A1 is a two horse race, with pooraka and grange looking real good. Walkerville and SPOC the two other contenders. Brighton and Pembroke will be counting down the days till the end of the season with no hope in staying up

A2 is anyone's to win, rocs look like possibly dropping another one this week? Port districts, Marion, ingle farm, hectorville all fairly even sides! No real standouts. Modbury and rechabites look certain for relegation.Wouldnt rule out Scotch(dangerous batting) and Unley are still there abouts.

A3 is poorakas to lose I feel.. old ignations are a real surprise packet! SHOC are the only ones who I feel can beat pooraka, their batting strength is fairly quality! Golden grove will be looking for a big outright win this week over PAOC in their quest for survival.
helicopterking
Coach

Postby Trader » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:29 pm

Whatsfordinner wrote:A3 Golden grove will be looking for a big outright win this week over PAOC in their quest for survival.

Unfortunatly for GG it seems they won't bat a second time, and with only 160 on the board in the first dig, their bonus points won't be as impressive as they would have hoped. They need to hope their last three put on another 80 or so if they want some bigger points.
Seriously impressive effort though, 4/2 at the start and then 5/4 to finish it off. Surprised there weren't a few timed out! haha
Danny Southern telling Plugga he's fat, I'd like to see that!
Trader
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 61 times
Been liked: 794 times

Postby tigerpie » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:04 pm

helicopterking wrote:Hanson 200* for Pooraka.

I heard some may say 199.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 509 times
Been liked: 432 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps