Grade Cricket

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Grade Cricket

Postby The Hound » Sat May 21, 2016 8:01 pm

All I say is the WT Annual Reports (available online) make for some interesting reading. At least their publications are available!
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Aerie » Mon May 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Some early plans for sporting facilities in Mt Barker off Springs Road.

http://www.mountbarker.sa.gov.au/webdat ... oncept.pdf
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 147 times
Been liked: 503 times

Postby Tony Clifton » Mon May 23, 2016 7:11 pm

Turf wicket? Very interesting

Is Springs Rd where the Mt Barker Football Club is now?
This is Tony Clifton! A name to respect! A name to fear!
Tony Clifton
League - Top 5

Has liked: 1462 times
Been liked: 244 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide University

Postby heater31 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Tony Clifton wrote:Turf wicket? Very interesting

Is Springs Rd where the Mt Barker Football Club is now?

No.

The Current Mount Barker Showgrounds/Oval is between Wellington and Alexandrina Roads

Think this proposed concept plan is located on the eastern outskirts of town behind the Golf Club.

Only 1 turf wicket which would be of concern to SACA but Mt Barker don't even field a local A grade so I think that can change very quickly......
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1259 times

Postby Aerie » Mon May 23, 2016 9:45 pm

I think it's the corner of Springs Rd & Bald Hills Rd. Not far from the soon to be opened Bald Hills Rd freeway exit and behind where all those houses have been built that you see from the freeway. A perfect location. Only a proposal, but perhaps SACA would be better off kick starting it with the $500k they have on offer for the merger...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flwk4cIsHWo

Ps. There is no indication that a new or old SACA Premier club would plan to use it, but they should.
Aerie
Coach

Postby Aerie » Mon May 23, 2016 9:51 pm

Also drove past Tapleys Hill Rd / Burbridge Rd corner where the Uni cricket ovals are being developed. Seems to be coming along. Anyone know what they're being used for and when they'll be ready? Just spare cricket facilities at this stage are they?
Aerie
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Aerie wrote:Also drove past Tapleys Hill Rd / Burbridge Rd corner where the Uni cricket ovals are being developed. Seems to be coming along. Anyone know what they're being used for and when they'll be ready? Just spare cricket facilities at this stage are they?

To put more Turf teams in the ATCA.

They might also throw the SACA Thirds/Fourths there in future whilst they re-lay Park 10.
heater31

Postby Eagles2014 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:19 pm

heater31 wrote:
Aerie wrote:Also drove past Tapleys Hill Rd / Burbridge Rd corner where the Uni cricket ovals are being developed. Seems to be coming along. Anyone know what they're being used for and when they'll be ready? Just spare cricket facilities at this stage are they?

To put more Turf teams in the ATCA.

They might also throw the SACA Thirds/Fourths there in future whilst they re-lay Park 10.

SACA and Uni going to look terrible if they do have Juniors there within 2 or 3 years that's for sure! Still find it hard to believe that's not the plan, but as they have both categorically denied it you have to take them at the word.
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue May 24, 2016 10:22 am

Eagles2014 wrote:
SACA and Uni going to look terrible if they do have Juniors there within 2 or 3 years that's for sure! Still find it hard to believe that's not the plan, but as they have both categorically denied it you have to take them at the word.

I don't understand how Uni could field junior sides anyway, unless there's a heap of Doogie Howser's getting about.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby wedgetail » Wed May 25, 2016 10:51 pm

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:Nice two page spread in the SACA stumps mag on AUCC. Great PR for the club on the back of SACA media. No mention of the back room deals with Council and SACA about shafting western suburbs with new grounds to effectively force mergers to make it fit. The stench is getting stronger.

Is it really the Port Adelaide team in the photo?

University are black and white with a white cap if I'm not mistaken....photo is black and white with a black cap!

SACA continue to prove they are a 'donkey' with Bradshaw crawling up to PACC with an apology over this farce of an article and incorrect picture.
Expect more positive news for WT and PA before June 8 deadline!
Luck is where opportunity meets preparation
wedgetail
Under 18s

Has liked: 245 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby wedgetail » Wed May 25, 2016 10:52 pm

heater31 wrote:
Tony Clifton wrote:
Lame Choice wrote:Nice two page spread in the SACA stumps mag on AUCC. Great PR for the club on the back of SACA media. No mention of the back room deals with Council and SACA about shafting western suburbs with new grounds to effectively force mergers to make it fit. The stench is getting stronger.

Is it really the Port Adelaide team in the photo?

University are black and white with a white cap if I'm not mistaken....photo is black and white with a black cap!

SACA continue to prove they are a 'donkey' with Bradshaw crawling up to PACC with an apology over this farce of an article and incorrect picture.
Expect more positive news for WT and PA before June 8 deadline!
wedgetail
Under 18s

Postby heater31 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:27 am

The Prime Minister is on hand to announce funding for the Mt Barker Sporting Precinct if the Liberals win Government SACA also in attendance......

The Mount Barker Eagles???
heater31

Postby The Hound » Fri Jun 03, 2016 12:54 pm

Luckily my pop corn has a long expiry date, believe SACA have made their decision, parliamentary inquiry a waste of time.

Better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one ;)
The Hound
Reserves

Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 35 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:10 pm

The Hound wrote:Luckily my pop corn has a long expiry date, believe SACA have made their decision, parliamentary inquiry a waste of time.

Do tell.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4339 times
Been liked: 7902 times

Postby Eagles2014 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:48 pm

The Hound wrote:Luckily my pop corn has a long expiry date, believe SACA have made their decision, parliamentary inquiry a waste of time.

Once again Hound, you are so far off the mark it is not funny!

Will still be 13 teams next season, guaranteed. More likely than a merger now is there will be 14 teams soon, with Mt.Barker the likely option.

Don't worry Hound, there is an excellent lawyer involved and West Torrens and Port will be around for many years to come, be rest assured.

SACA believe they can go ahead and kick a team out this season, even with the Parliamentry Enquiry not concluding till November, but they have been discreetly told all the millions of Government money they want to do up Railways Oval will no longer be on the table if they do!
Eagles2014
Veteran

Has liked: 124 times
Been liked: 524 times

Postby oyster » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:15 pm

Hoping your pop corn has an expiry date to 2050 and beyond.
If clowns like you think that either WT or PA won't be playing in the grade cricket competition next year, then you are sadly mistaken.
Come the first game in October, lets see who's right or wrong. You're obviously not as much "in the loop" as you might think.
I've a very, very, strong feeling you'll have a dozen eggs all over your face, and your new nickname will be Bo Bo
oyster
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 20 times

Postby oyster » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:23 pm

heater31 wrote:The Prime Minister is on hand to announce funding for the Mt Barker Sporting Precinct if the Liberals win Government SACA also in attendance......

The Mount Barker Eagles???

There would be more chance of being called the "Mt Barker Adelaide Buffalos"
As each day goes by, there is less chance of the Liberals being elected, so that would be a dampener on the move.
That would leave the new "Mt Barker Adelaide Buffalos" in serious doubt.
I can't imagine the SACA would get any federal government funding, if Labor are elected, if they keep pissing off the state Labor Party.
oyster
Rookie

Postby Aerie » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:25 pm

Good news re the facility at Mt Barker. Hopefully SACA have some foresight and invest in this to make it a hub for high quality cricket in the region, incorporating not just Mt Barker, but all of the Adelaide Hills towns and in particular the larger towns/regions of Strathalbyn and Murray Bridge which are within accessible distance. Making this a new Premier Cricket Club. Then the same can happen in the Gawler/Barossa region.

For some reason though, I get the feeling it will be left to volunteers at Sturt (nothing against them) to come up with something and it will end up just being a really good facility for a country cricket club. SACA will probably want Sturt to relocate, but common sense will say that all that would do is destroy what is a very well run and successful club whilst still facing all the challenges of starting a new club. A bit like the merger proposal which would destroy Port and West Torrens and someone would need to pick up the pieces and effectively start a new club in the west. Hopefully I am wrong.

As I mentioned previously, there would then be 15 clubs. Let University run a junior program wherever they see fit (preferably at their current grounds next to the new Adelaide High campus). Clubs would only be required to participate in the top division of their age groups (i.e. Reds), but the option of still having a Whites team. Have the junior carnivals in January for the Premier League teams (i.e. Western Grit etc.) instead of the current format.

Have two tiers - a 10 team 1st Division and a 2nd Division made up of the 10 2nd Grade teams of the 1st Division clubs and the 1st Grade team of the other 5 clubs. If a 1st Grade team wins the premiership in the 2nd Division they replace the bottom team of 1st Division. Apply a transfer fee system to ensure the best players are playing in 1st Division, but those clubs developing good players are at least rewarded financially and have the incentive and ability to get to the top division.

Keep the four Premier League teams (i.e. Western Grit etc.) in the same format as current, but have the coaches of these teams as full time working closer with their respective Grade Cricket clubs.

OR... just make a heap of teams merge and have a new ten team competition.
Aerie
Coach

Postby wedgetail » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:01 pm

Not even in the ball park! WT and PA will be playing as separate entities in 16/17.
wedgetail
Under 18s

Postby oyster » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:38 am

wedgetail wrote:

Not even in the ball park! WT and PA will be playing as separate entities in 16/17.

The Hound or the Clown, seemingly thinks "he's in the loop". Unfortunately, he's that far off the mark he couldn't be further from the truth :oops:
As you Wedgetail, and Eagles, and I have said, both clubs will 100% be playing as two separate teams in the grade competition in 2016/2017.
And the SACA and the Hound/Clown, can go suck a big juicy fat one
oyster
Rookie

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps