Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH)

Local cricket is the go here. Any talk about local comps, grade cricket, etc.

Re: Adelaide Hills Cricket (HCA, TVCA & A&EH) 2014/15.

Postby kickittome » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:30 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:perhaps the Strath boys can't play spin?

Strath boys loved ashbournes spin today in particular Luke cousins who had a huge day out hitting 216 no. Cousy batted the full 70 overs & even the great stats man perry jones could not remember the last time someone made 200 plus at strath. Strathalbyn ended up 9/365 & fowlston finished with 5/130 odd off 30 overs. Let's hope Luke can carry his form in to tomorrow's 20/20 vs Nairne at strath.
Nairne look well on there way to getting an outright v wistow which I think could be happening a lot this year for the boys on the hill. At least they had the guts to stay up in a grade I guess unlike some other team :oops:
kickittome
Under 16s

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Postby Ramrod » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:43 am

Well the 2 grand finalsits have seemed to flex there muscles against some weaker opposition. Nairne no shock to see that scorecard, will be interesting to how long the bottom 6 can last out there for wistow, i think an outright is almost certain with Nairnes bowling outfit. Then you have Strath, Luke Cousins what a perfomance that must've been. No Doubt they would've been upset losing to lobey the week before and unfortunately ashbourne were on the receiving end. Ashbourne wont make those runs in 2 hits, so thats game over as well, Yesterday Nairne and Strath battled out for a spot in the T20 Comp, and i was lucky enough to watch the game. Strath in all sorts of bother at 4/22. Brad Overall made a quick 30, But Matt Hein played a very clever innings to get Strath a competitive score. Strath's bowling and fielding was outstanding, walters for Nairne played extremely well. Good game of Cricket.
Dont Hate me cause you Aint me.
Ramrod
Rookie

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Imperials

Postby Corona Man » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:49 am

There has been some discussion on the "pussy" clubs who elected to not field an A Grade in the A&EH, and opt for either A2 or B Grade in season 2014/15. It will be interesting to keep an eye on those clubs identified as fitting this category during the season. So in round 1 of A2's - Finniss beat the Woodside A2's (or their B Grade) by just 12 runs at home on the back of a ton from Travis Lynn. Echunga got beaten by the Strath A2's (or their B Grade) by 4 runs, both teams apparently missing a few key players. Hahndorf belted the Nairne A2's (their B Grade) by over 100 runs, and Mt Barker gave the Lobethal A2's (their B Grade) a touch up to win by 80 odd runs. The top Macclesfield team playing in B Grade against the Ashbourne seconds got home by just the 150 runs, and the top Callington team in B Grade got home against the only team Milang have by 20 odd runs.

As kickittome said.... hats off to the lads on the hill for hanging in the A Grade!
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Has liked: 1279 times
Been liked: 3488 times
Grassroots Team: Echunga

Postby overthehill » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Didn't relies Nairne had Bruce Kain back until Saturday and he certainly made his presence felt with a hard hitting century. My understanding was he was living interstate, is he back permanently?
overthehill
Rookie

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 21 times
Grassroots Team: Mt Barker

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:04 pm

Corona Man wrote:There has been some discussion on the "pussy" clubs who elected to not field an A Grade in the A&EH, and opt for either A2 or B Grade in season 2014/15. It will be interesting to keep an eye on those clubs identified as fitting this category during the season. So in round 1 of A2's - Finniss beat the Woodside A2's (or their B Grade) by just 12 runs at home on the back of a ton from Travis Lynn. Echunga got beaten by the Strath A2's (or their B Grade) by 4 runs, both teams apparently missing a few key players. Hahndorf belted the Nairne A2's (their B Grade) by over 100 runs, and Mt Barker gave the Lobethal A2's (their B Grade) a touch up to win by 80 odd runs. The top Macclesfield team playing in B Grade against the Ashbourne seconds got home by just the 150 runs, and the top Callington team in B Grade got home against the only team Milang have by 20 odd runs.

As kickittome said.... hats off to the lads on the hill for hanging in the A Grade!

Thanks for the analysis Corona Man, just goes to show some of those clubs should be playing up and challenging themselves rather than seeking an easy passage to the finals. I agree with Kickittome's comment re: hats off to Wistow for hanging in there.
On another matter: whilst it is easy to bag the supposedly 'weaker teams' in the A grade out, I hope some of the supposedly 'stronger clubs' remember that without the supposedly 'weaker clubs' they would be left without a competition to play in!
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Has liked: 41 times
Been liked: 34 times
Grassroots Team: Langhorne Creek

Postby Ramrod » Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:08 pm

Well i must say judging by the scores from Lobey Vs Woodside. I may have underestimated Lobey's bowling or Overrated Woodside's Batting. Weeks took 5 i see bowling Darts that dont turn a centimetre. Woodside in My opinion probably recruited the best out of all clubs, Yet they recruited bowlers, and anyone that has played them, knows there batting is the issue. Lobey to be 2 Zip after this week, tip my hat to them. Can Wistow hang on this week? Nairne need 16 wickets in a day, big ask but being the best bowling lineup in the comp you feel they will get the Outright. Can ashbourne chase 350 Odd? Going to need something special from a couple Batsmen, can the pom's deliver? They will have their hands full with Mark & Matt Abbott, then you have the spin twins in Cousins and Hein. Interesting Weekend ahead for all clubs.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Well called Ramrod as Strath demolished Ashbourne bowling them out twice in a day to claim the outright. In other results Lobethal again surprised most observers (except perhaps the Lobethal boys themselves) by posting a win against Woodside. That is 2 wins for the Lobey boys, both against very strong opposition in Strath and Woodside. Nairne easily defeated Wistow as predicted but were denied the outright by some solid gutsy batting, something that Ashbourne could learn a thing or two from.
"cricket is the most important activity in men's lives, the most important thread in the fabric of the cosmos"
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Ramrod » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:12 am

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Well called Ramrod as Strath demolished Ashbourne bowling them out twice in a day to claim the outright. In other results Lobethal again surprised most observers (except perhaps the Lobethal boys themselves) by posting a win against Woodside. That is 2 wins for the Lobey boys, both against very strong opposition in Strath and Woodside. Nairne easily defeated Wistow as predicted but were denied the outright by some solid gutsy batting, something that Ashbourne could learn a thing or two from.

Yeah can't say i thought strath would end up taking 18 wickets in a day. Judging by the scores, all bowlers did a job and seems they made up for the loss the week before. Defintely was wrong about Lobey, they've suprised me and deserve a lot of credit for how they have played. Woodside would not be happy though, if they want to be a contender they have to sort out there batting. I think the most suprising result was wistow holding off Nairnes Quest for an outright. After being 4/40 overnight i think Nairne thought they would rock and roll them quickly, but Stubborn batting from Wistow held them off, Gutsy effort.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:24 am

Ramrod wrote:
Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:Well called Ramrod as Strath demolished Ashbourne bowling them out twice in a day to claim the outright. In other results Lobethal again surprised most observers (except perhaps the Lobethal boys themselves) by posting a win against Woodside. That is 2 wins for the Lobey boys, both against very strong opposition in Strath and Woodside. Nairne easily defeated Wistow as predicted but were denied the outright by some solid gutsy batting, something that Ashbourne could learn a thing or two from.

Yeah can't say i thought strath would end up taking 18 wickets in a day. Judging by the scores, all bowlers did a job and seems they made up for the loss the week before. Defintely was wrong about Lobey, they've suprised me and deserve a lot of credit for how they have played. Woodside would not be happy though, if they want to be a contender they have to sort out there batting. I think the most suprising result was wistow holding off Nairnes Quest for an outright. After being 4/40 overnight i think Nairne thought they would rock and roll them quickly, but Stubborn batting from Wistow held them off, Gutsy effort.

Once again - hats off to the Wistow lads. Tom Hayden showing some real ticker going by the scores.

Anyone interested in a "Pussy Clubs" update?
1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015.... And don't you forget it!
Corona Man
Coach

Postby Ramrod » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:23 am

Corona Man wrote:
Ramrod wrote:

Once again - hats off to the Wistow lads. Tom Hayden showing some real ticker going by the scores.

Anyone interested in a "Pussy Clubs" update?

I see Hahndorf won easily again, absolute disgrace they are not in the A's, they still have some quality kids in the team. Would like to see the Association commitee make some tough decisions and force teams to have an A grade.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Corona Man » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:48 am

^ I think the Finniss boys will give them a very good run for their money actually. Pose the question now, should Finniss go back to back in A2's.... surely they are the club who should be in A Grade?
Corona Man
Coach

Postby jackpot jim » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:17 pm

Corona Man wrote:^ I think the Finniss boys will give them a very good run for their money actually. Pose the question now, should Finniss go back to back in A2's.... surely they are the club who should be in A Grade?

NO. They would get FLOGGED without recruiting some quality bowlers.

VERY surprised by Ashbournes WEAK effort against Strath. They'd have to be very disappointed with that. Surely they would have been aiming for a Top 4 spot this year and to be bowled out twice in 1 day is not good enough.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:32 pm

Corona Man wrote:Anyone interested in a "Pussy Clubs" update?

I am :D
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:00 pm

saintal wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Ramrod wrote:Agree with your statements regarding Mount Barker & Hahndorf. For town's that size not to have an A grade is a disgrace. Sums up the Quality of People who play at the club. Mount barker paying Rhys Jordan to Play A2's is another disgrace. Unforunately there definetly will be a Bye. Can only hope ours fall's on the test weekend so i dont have to miss a game of cricket :)

In the HCA Onka's are now down to the B Grade along with Bridgewater from a couple of years ago, add them to Mt Barker and Hahndorf and thats a fair area/population they all cover with no A grade!

Fairly big/quick fall from grace for Onkas, given it wasn't that long ago they were winning A Grade flags. At least they have a u17s side, so have some youth coming through.

Also on the HCA..I noticed the A Grade fixture is all 2 day games this year.

From what I can see Onka's only have 1 senior team this year :shock:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2324 times
Been liked: 3502 times

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Same as Hahndorf and Milang in AEH comp.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby jackpot jim » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:16 pm

Roxy the Rat Girl wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Same as Hahndorf and Milang in AEH comp.

Long Long way back to 'A' Grade once a club drops back to only 1 team.
jackpot jim
Coach

Has liked: 339 times
Been liked: 448 times

Postby Ramrod » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:34 am

Well here are my tips for round 3.
Ashbourne V Woodside. Both teams coming off bad losses. This is a tough one to pick, i think the key will be Ashbourne with the bat, if they can make a decent total against a handy bowling attack, and have some runs to bowl at, they will be a real chance. Woodside i think will struggle on the turf with the bat, Bowling will be good, but Ashbourne with Dellatore and Fowlston will cause an upset i think. Ashbourne Just.
Lobethal V Langhorne Creek. Well i've tipped against Lobey the last 2 weeks and they have made me look stupid. So with that in mind i would expect lobey to win comfortably. The Creeks batting will be tested and i just dont think they have enough fire power with the ball, apart from Goldy. Lobey Win there 3rd on the trot.
Wistow V Strath. Well done to Wistow last week fighting to hold off the outright. No doubt they will be fired up for this one, playing against Matt Hein for the first time. In saying that i cant see them winning this, there top order needs to produce or they will be skittled quickly. Strath's bowlng looks strong this year, Batting going okay as well, with good depth. Strath will gun for an outright given the opportunity, however dont dont think that will happen. Strath to Win easy though.
Ramrod
Rookie

Postby Roxy the Rat Girl » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:56 am

good tips Ramrod,

I think I will go the same way as you. Ashbourne, Lobethel and Strath to all bring home the chocolates.
Roxy the Rat Girl
Under 18s

Postby saintal » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:43 am

TVCA Round 3:

Mt Torrens (8th) v Lenswood (4)- The hosts have had a couple of narrow defeats and start favourites here. Lenswood dreadful the past fortnight.
Gumeracha (5) v Palmer (2)- Grand final rematch, with both teams undefeated. Gum coming off a bye but should win. Rathjen v Sumner should be a beauty.
Cambrai (6) v Birdwood (9)- The hosts should make it 2 from 2 here. Debutant quick took 5for and will fancy another bag.
Mt Pleasant/Springton (7) v Eden Valley (1)- The Valleys should remain undefeated against their competitive rivals, although injury cloud over a few bowlers.
SAFC- 60 years...
StKFC- 58 years..
saintal
Coach

Has liked: 346 times
Been liked: 429 times

Postby Stinga » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:26 pm

I noticed that Echunga beat Wistow in the T/20 fixture going by the scores on my cricket. Did anyone on here go to the game? Were Wistow at full strength?
Stinga
Mini-League

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

PreviousNext

Board index   Other Sports  Regional Cricket Comps