AFL listed players in finals

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

AFL listed players in finals

Postby - » Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:13 pm

Who has been the most influential AFL listed player in helping his team win a premiership since the inception of the Crows?

You have to choose someone who played the majority of the season for their AFL side which means players like Cochran are ineligable.

My choice is Darel Hart 1991.
Never give a sucker an even break

Nor ban a user for an acceptable topic of discussion.

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Leaping Lindner » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:50 pm

Hart immediately springs to mind for me. He was BOG or close to it in all three finals that year. To be honest though I probably haven't followed other clubs September successes that closely.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby drebin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:58 pm

Leaping Lindner wrote:Hart immediately springs to mind for me. He was BOG or close to it in all three finals that year. To be honest though I probably haven't followed other clubs September successes that closely.

That's because since 1991 there's been very little for us in terms of finals to watch the other sides! :cry:
drebin

Postby - » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:09 pm

drebin wrote:
Leaping Lindner wrote:Hart immediately springs to mind for me. He was BOG or close to it in all three finals that year. To be honest though I probably haven't followed other clubs September successes that closely.

That's because since 1991 there's been very little for us in terms of finals to watch the other sides! :cry:

10 finals to be exact.

Other clubs total finals 1992-2005 that have played less than North

South 0
Glenelg 9
West 11 (will be different after this year)

"Baby on board". Why dont you put a sign on ur car saying "adult on board" or "car stereo in use"?
-
Reserves

Postby Macca19 » Tue Jul 11, 2006 6:19 pm

Trying to think back about the Magpies players.

92 saw Scotty play a great finals series. Kicked 6 goals in the big one.

Anderson was great in 1995. I think he only played about 4 games during the year.

98 was the year of the whingers. We had 7 AFL listed players in the GF side and everyone whinged that it was unfair despite the fact that all of them had spent considerable time at the Magpies that year.

We had:
P Burgoyne - 13 Games
D Brown - 13 Games
T Carr - 12 Games
B Chalmers - 14 Games
N Fiegert - 12 Games
T Ormond-Allen - 10 Games
S Tregenza - 9 Games

Fabian Francis just qualified with 3 games during the year but he never showed up to training and went missing so never played.

99 we had Chalmers who only played 4 matches (including the GF) and he kicked 3 goals and was a good performer in the GF.
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby GWW » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:30 pm

I'd say Darel Hart by far as well, given his performance on the day that matters.
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby drebin » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:19 pm

- wrote:
drebin wrote:

10 finals to be exact.

South 0
Glenelg 9

It was meant to be a funny comment - not literal!
drebin

Postby - » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:40 pm

drebin wrote:
- wrote:
drebin wrote:

10 finals to be exact.

South 0
Glenelg 9

It was meant to be a funny comment - not literal!

I knew that.

-
Reserves

Postby northernblue » Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:38 am

Macca19 wrote:Trying to think back about the Magpies players.

92 saw Scotty play a great finals series. Kicked 6 goals in the big one.

Anderson was great in 1995. I think he only played about 4 games during the year.

98 was the year of the whingers. We had 7 AFL listed players in the GF side and everyone whinged that it was unfair despite the fact that all of them had spent considerable time at the Magpies that year.

We had:
P Burgoyne - 13 Games
D Brown - 13 Games
T Carr - 12 Games
B Chalmers - 14 Games
N Fiegert - 12 Games
T Ormond-Allen - 10 Games
S Tregenza - 9 Games

Fabian Francis just qualified with 3 games during the year but he never showed up to training and went missing so never played.

99 we had Chalmers who only played 4 matches (including the GF) and he kicked 3 goals and was a good performer in the GF.

In 98 don't forget one Brian Bienke...
northernblue
Mini-League

Postby am Bays » Tue Jul 18, 2006 7:54 am

IIRC 1998 got Bienke back on an AFL list so he technically wasn't an AFL listed player when he took Scott Robinson (sorry Robbo) to teh cleaners....

Not 100% certain on that so I'll need confirmation cue Spelly......
Let that be a lesson to you Port, no one beats the Bays five times in a row in a GF and gets away with it!!!
am Bays
Coach

Has liked: 168 times
Been liked: 1846 times

Postby Aerie » Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:36 pm

Wayne Weidemann was a major player in the 1993 premiership. Think he played in the finals for the Crows and then was close to best on ground in the Grand Final for the Eagles, Steven Sziller just pipping him for the Jack Oatey Medal.
Aerie
Coach

Has liked: 153 times
Been liked: 520 times

Postby Macca19 » Thu Aug 10, 2006 10:00 pm

1980 Tassie Medalist wrote:IIRC 1998 got Bienke back on an AFL list so he technically wasn't an AFL listed player when he took Scott Robinson (sorry Robbo) to teh cleaners....

Not 100% certain on that so I'll need confirmation cue Spelly......

Beinke wasnt an AFL listed player in 1998. He had just come back from one year on North Melbournes rookie list.
Macca19
League - Best 21

Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum