Places that have old SANFL books, budgets, videos etc.

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

Places that have old SANFL books, budgets, videos etc.

Postby spell_check » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:16 pm

Apart from the fantastic shop "At The Toss of a Coin" are there any other places you might find any old SANFL stuff? eg. books, badges, videos, budgets etc.
In particular a specific Second Hand Bookshop or a market.

This thread could also be used for anyone else who has some stuff they would like to sell or buy, an advertising space.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 183 times

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:32 pm

Unfortunately that's the place I know of that deals with footy budgets, etc. That's still better than Perth who have nothing in this regard. Sometimes you can find some on the e-bay, but not a great selection. As usual, Melbourne leads the way in sporting books and memorabilia but most deal with AFL and VFA. There's a place in the city named Melbourne Sports Books that sometimes has a selection of footy budgets, the proprietor is a nice guy named Santo, he's an old Redlegs fan from way back and has an interest in the SANFL.
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ian » Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:59 pm

There is a second hand shop (can't remember the name) in Grote St., across the road from the central market that has a bit of old SANFL stuff.
Ian

Has liked: 312 times
Been liked: 93 times
Grassroots Team: Lockleys

Postby spell_check » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:54 pm

I'll have to have a look for that place Ian, and good on Santo for keeping an interest in the SANFL. 8)
spell_check
Coach

Postby Leaping Lindner » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:16 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:Unfortunately that's the place I know of that deals with footy budgets, etc. That's still better than Perth who have nothing in this regard. Sometimes you can find some on the e-bay, but not a great selection. As usual, Melbourne leads the way in sporting books and memorabilia but most deal with AFL and VFA. There's a place in the city named Melbourne Sports Books that sometimes has a selection of footy budgets, the proprietor is a nice guy named Santo, he's an old Redlegs fan from way back and has an interest in the SANFL.

Santo used to have a stack of old footy times has a lot less older stuff since he moved. He does have a good range of Books and quite often ones that haven't been available for a while. For example when the first print of "Pride of the bay" sold out very quickly Santo still had copies a couple of months later.
"They got Burton suits, ha, you think it's funny,turning rebellion into money"
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 47 times

Postby Leaping Lindner » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:18 pm

Ian wrote:There is a second hand shop (can't remember the name) in Grote St., across the road from the central market that has a bit of old SANFL stuff.

The Antiques Market. The stall Ian is thinking of has some old budgets, mobil cards, members badges and those plastic badges that were available with Twisties etc. in the early 70's (no North ones though :cry: ).
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Postby McAlmanac » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:14 pm

Adelaide Hawk wrote:As usual, Melbourne leads the way in sporting books and memorabilia but most deal with AFL and VFA. There's a place in the city named Melbourne Sports Books that sometimes has a selection of footy budgets, the proprietor is a nice guy named Santo, he's an old Redlegs fan from way back and has an interest in the SANFL.
I bought The Bob Hank Story there for $10 (great subject matter, poor writing) as well as Russell Gehling's book. He has a small selection of other SANFL books, but only Budgets of fairly recent vintage.
Blighty Teasdale - SuperCoach former World No. 1
McAlmanac
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:18 am

Ian wrote:There is a second hand shop (can't remember the name) in Grote St., across the road from the central market that has a bit of old SANFL stuff.

That shop was called "At The Toss Of A Coin" that spell check mentioned earlier. It had moved to Unley Road.
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Postby Ian » Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:39 am

Adelaide Hawk wrote:

That shop was called "At The Toss Of A Coin" that spell check mentioned earlier. It had moved to Unley Road.

The one I'm talking about is still there, it has a lot of vintage toys in the front window.
last time I had a look in there, I was on the way home from At the toss of a coin @ Unley
Ian

Postby Wedgie » Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:15 am

spelly, you'd probably get a lot more answers if this was a History forum as a lot of people aren't interested in a list of players names and don't even bother looking in here.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2070 times
Been liked: 3932 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Leaping Lindner » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:19 pm

I posted this

Leaping Lindner wrote:

The Antiques Market. The stall Ian is thinking of has some old budgets, mobil cards, members badges and those plastic badges that were available with Twisties etc. in the early 70's (no North ones though :cry: ).

Then we got this...

Ian wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:

The one I'm talking about is still there, it has a lot of vintage toys in the front window.
last time I had a look in there, I was on the way home from At the toss of a coin @ Unley

Do you guys even read my posts????? :P :lol:
Leaping Lindner
Assistant Coach

Postby spell_check » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:50 pm

Wedgie wrote:spelly, you'd probably get a lot more answers if this was a History forum as a lot of people aren't interested in a list of players names and don't even bother looking in here.

I think you're right. I reakon (Haven't seen that word for a while!) you should name it Spell_Checks' SANFL History Forum or something like that, or just SANFL History Forum.
spell_check
Coach

Postby Adelaide Hawk » Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:09 am

Leaping Lindner wrote:I posted this

Leaping Lindner wrote:

Then we got this...

Ian wrote:
Adelaide Hawk wrote:

Do you guys even read my posts????? :P :lol:

Yes I do LL. I'm trying to work out the point you are making, unless you are saying the Antiques Market is the one Ian is talking about. I have never heard of the Antiques Market and have no idea where it is. When he said a store across from the market, I know Gerry used to have his shop there. I'm afraid you'll have to spell this one out to me :)
Adelaide Hawk
Coach

Postby Ecky » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:16 pm

The antique market is definitely a different place to Gerry's old shop. The stand with the SANFL stuff is on the right hand side of the shop as you walk in, about 2/3 of the way back.

See the link at http://www.treloars.com:

Michael Treloar's Antique Market Bookroom

32 Grote Street, Adelaide
SA Australia 5000
(opposite the Central Market)
Ecky
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby Ian » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:18 pm

Ecky wrote:The stand with the SANFL stuff is on the right hand side of the shop as you walk in, about 2/3 of the way back.

That's the one :!:
Ian

Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum