New SANFL statistics website!!!

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

New SANFL statistics website!!!

Postby Ecky » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:36 pm

While doing a google search today, I stumbled across a very interesting SANFL website:

http://www.sportingpulse.com.au/assoc_p ... tion=COMPS

I think this explains why all the statistics and results from the http://www.sanfl.com.au have disappeared in recent weeks, it seems as though they are updating their database and displaying their information through this sportingpulse.com.au host.

Not every piece of information appears to be visible yet, but it looks like it will include details of every player who played in a game at any level (League, Reserves, Under 19s, and Under 17s) since 2003, plus how many goals they scored, plus results of all games.

For instance you can view a summary of which games any particular player has played in at any level since 2003!

I guess only time will tell how often this information will be updated, and how user-friendly it will be, but it does look like a promising development, and will hopefully make sanfl.com.au a better place.
Ecky
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Postby spell_check » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:47 pm

Hmm, it does look promising, but like you said, we shall see.

Btw, if you haven't checked recently, I have e-mailed you with the rest of the corrections.
spell_check
Coach

Has liked: 45 times
Been liked: 181 times

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:44 pm

Well theres some stats for you ecky but your after pre 2003 stats though ?

I joined this site a while ago and they send you updates and reminders of upcoming games and club event etc which you receive emails like this below frequently.

Hi Mark,

SANFL and SportingPulse are writing to you to remind you that you have a Australian Rules game coming up for 2006 SANFL Seniors Test.

The game is on Tue, 22 Nov 2005 2:00.
Sturt are playing against Port.
The match will be played at : Port.
Mark
Mini-League

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Ecky » Sun Dec 18, 2005 11:55 pm

Mark wrote:The game is on Tue, 22 Nov 2005 2:00.
Sturt are playing against Port.
The match will be played at : Port.

So who won? :wink:

Yes, I am mainly looking for pre-2003 information, but it will be good to use this site to double-check my stats - it has much more detail (especially for the lower grades) than anything else currently on the web.
Ecky
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 79 times
Grassroots Team: Adelaide Lutheran

Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum