Biggest Waste of talent?

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

Postby Brad » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:23 am

Constance_Perm wrote:Having seen most of Richard Anderson and Jonathon Ross' careers unfold I'd suggest they are good calls for this topic ... Was chatting with a mate last night who played underage footy with Darren Kupsch who for memory debuted at a pretty young age and was touted as being a considerable talent, any North fans able to comment on him?

David Kupsch, played for North and a few games for the Bays, was drafted to Bears and Collingwood but never went not sure what went wrong but I've been told he was a waste of talent.
Brad
League - Best 21

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 2 times
Grassroots Team: Crystal Brook

Postby dogfish » Sun Dec 04, 2005 2:42 pm

For CDFC it would have to be BOWEN LOCKWOOD. Never have I seen a more miserable face on a footballer. We put up with him for 2 years, and finally he transferred to the Magpies and lasted all of a couple of weeks before they kicked him out. My favourite moment was when he asked one of the Gowan boys (can't remember which one) to wipe the mud of his boot before he went for a set shot. The look on the Gowans face as he wiped the offending boot with his guernsey was priceless.
dogfish
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Postby Jimmy » Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:27 pm

dogfish wrote:For CDFC it would have to be BOWEN LOCKWOOD. Never have I seen a more miserable face on a footballer. We put up with him for 2 years, and finally he transferred to the Magpies and lasted all of a couple of weeks before they kicked him out. My favourite moment was when he asked one of the Gowan boys (can't remember which one) to wipe the mud of his boot before he went for a set shot. The look on the Gowans face as he wiped the offending boot with his guernsey was priceless.

lockwood (while being a dud) had the worst back injury which is unfortunately what stopped him so early.
Carn the blues!!!!!
Jimmy
Coach

Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 44 times

Postby Magpiespower » Mon Dec 05, 2005 7:43 am

Bowen Lockwood...now there's a big 'what if?'

Had huge wraps on him, especially after his debut AFL season in 1997 when it looked like he could have been anything.

Port knocked back offers from a heap of Victorian clubs at the time - think Geelong were particularly keen because he was a local boy.

Apparently Cahill was looking to trade Tredrea after that year, a pretty ordinary year for the 18 year-old spent mainly in the SANFL.

Anyway, some people at Alberton started questioning Lockwood's commitment when he didn't kick on after '97 so they asked the Rooch to write a critical article of him in the Tiser to rev him up a bit.

But it soon became apparent just how bad his back really was.

A forward set-up with Tredrea and Lockwood. What if? If only? What a bastard...
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

Postby Ron-Burgandy » Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:09 pm

Rhyse Shulze for Sturt. Quality junior player who only played a handful of league games. Now playing at onka's in hills league. Massive waste
60% of the time it works every time.....
Ron-Burgandy
Mini-League

Been liked: 0 time

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum