Horror stories

Anything to do with the history of the SANFL

Postby brent » Sun Jan 01, 2006 11:16 pm

bays loss to norwood in '99 semi final after being 4 or 5 goals up at 3/4 time.... i was devastated as '99 is pretty much my only decent memory of bays playing finals footy :-({|=
brent
Under 16s

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby ORDoubleBlues » Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:56 pm

I've brought these up before but I remember Sturt being rolled by an inspired Bay comeback in the mid '80's and I think at roughly the same time West came back from the dead against us as well with Des Herbert kicking a goal after the final siren to snatch the victory.
Will always remember the '93 preliminary final loss against Essendon in the AFL. While I think Cornes did err in taking Hodges from the field (wasn't in great form but at least he would have commanded a better than average defender), I think that they just got ahead of themselves and tensed up.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

Postby Punk Rooster » Tue Jan 03, 2006 8:36 pm

ORDoubleBlues wrote:I've brought these up before but I remember Sturt being rolled by an inspired Bay comeback in the mid '80's and I think at roughly the same time West came back from the dead against us as well with Des Herbert kicking a goal after the final siren to snatch the victory.
Will always remember the '93 preliminary final loss against Essendon in the AFL. While I think Cornes did err in taking Hodges from the field (wasn't in great form but at least he would have commanded a better than average defender), I think that they just got ahead of themselves and tensed up.
And McDermott selfishly staying on with broken ribs, & Cornes proving what a great coach he isn't, by leaving him on...
Ralph Wiggum wrote:That's where I saw the leprechaun. He told me to burn things

Ken Farmer>John Coleman

Hindmarsh Pest Control
Punk Rooster
Coach

Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 16 times
Grassroots Team: Fitzroy

Postby blueandwhite » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Worst nightmare for me.....
waking up and listening to the weather forcast on the morning of the 1979 grand final......
the rest as they say was history.
Tiocfaidh ár Lá
blueandwhite
League - Best 21

Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 218 times
Grassroots Team: Jamestown-Peterborough

Postby Strawb » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:59 pm

Westies injury list last year thats why we only had three wins.
I am the Voice Left From Drinking
Strawb
Coach

Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times
Grassroots Team: Wingfield Royals

Previous

Board index   Football  SANFL History Forum