Nah. We don't top up!! NEVER!!

Talk on the national game

Nah. We don't top up!! NEVER!!

by Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:30 pm

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/real ... 18455.html

LMAO@The Bummers. Has anybody scoped out Campo in recent seasons? If his workrate and run kept up with his gob he'd be as respected as Robert Harvey. Campo gives away as many silly frees as Cameron Mooney and is one of the laziest buggers playing football today. Honestly, he reminds me of Justine Murphy..the hack that was only weeks ago delisted by the Bombers.

Added to this farce, Essendon has also got Chris Heffernan back to the club. PML!! Nah, Popeye. Essengorn don't top up do they?? Who's next, Shane Woewoefull??

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

by Booney » Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:42 pm

Fargen hell,I wish I was an old bloke delisted by a rabble,only to be picked up by the top up's and still,for crying out loud,still,command $250-300K,you are kidding.
I have thought this bloke was a clown from 1994 when he ran down the members* wing at Footy Park,Scott Hodges 3 goals into his last half bag of 5 and Compreallystupid trotts up to Daysie Borlase and gives him some lip.Once a Wegirl always a Wegirl.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7513 times
Been liked: 10808 times

by TigerBoss » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:19 pm

He's your modern day Libba on the field...a complete knob...but his football ability shouldn't be overlooked...
Is 2009 the year of the Tiger?
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time
Grassroots Team: Lock

by Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:37 pm

Football ability?? Played well when the Eagles and then Carlton were a strong side and has dead set struggled in a struggling side. You blokes on this site rate everyone don't yers? Campo can play, McPhee Brownlow material. Thanks for the belly laughs boys, you've made my POETS day shorter.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

by TigerBoss » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:56 pm

:roll:
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

by stan » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:23 pm

But Collingwood has ultimately passed over Camporeale for the same reason as Hawthorn - because it believes the short-term benefit would also come at a cost in terms of development.

Hmmmm im pretty sure that was said around here a few times.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

by Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:36 pm

TigerBoss wrote::roll:

What are you rolling your eyes at knackers? Campo is SHITE.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

by TigerBoss » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:39 pm

:wink:
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

by Rik E Boy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:42 pm

LOL. Hooked yourself a REB.

regards,

FISH
Rik E Boy
Coach

by TigerBoss » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:46 pm

:lol:
TigerBoss
League Bench Warmer

by ORDoubleBlues » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:20 pm

I think this whole Collingwood "we could well take Camporeale" is all a bit of bluff, considering that they have delisted a very similar player who works a lot harder and is a year younger in Woewodin.
ORDoubleBlues
League - Top 5

Been liked: 10 times
Grassroots Team: Macclesfield

by Sinbad » Fri Dec 09, 2005 5:29 pm

Geez, REB. You are obsessed. All I'm going to say is that I am quietly confident we are on the way back, not talking finals next season but we are on the right track. IMO, I think you lot have a bit to worry about. What if you don't take advantage of your time up the top which is NOW. Sure, we underachieved with 1 flag but it's better than none and I don't feel Geelong have the game breaking players to take a flag. You have a very even team but no standouts which sides need to take a flag.
Sinbad
Mini-League

by Magpiespower » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:06 am

Campo, just like his former teammate Prick Stevens, is most effective when he's got players to feed him the ball.
Magpiespower
Coach

Been liked: 125 times
Grassroots Team: Salisbury

by Rik E Boy » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:51 pm

Sinbad wrote:Geez, REB. You are obsessed. All I'm going to say is that I am quietly confident we are on the way back, not talking finals next season but we are on the right track. IMO, I think you lot have a bit to worry about. What if you don't take advantage of your time up the top which is NOW. Sure, we underachieved with 1 flag but it's better than none and I don't feel Geelong have the game breaking players to take a flag. You have a very even team but no standouts which sides need to take a flag.

Obsessed? Nah, just opinionated :lol:

Yep, One flag is better than none, can't argue with that logic. But I reckon players like Steve Johnson, Paul Chapman, Garry Ablett and Brad Ottens represent players who can be 'game breakers'..if only we can get em all on the park at once. Steve Johnson in particular is the very definition of a game breaker but has had a frustrating run with injuries (some self inflicted GRRR). Despite the fact that the Cats have made the finals the last couple of years our core group is still short of a hundred games so plenty of improvement left in us I think. Besides, who would have thought Sydney (another even side) could have broken through for a premiership?

I've never felt less worried in an off season in my life.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

by stan » Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:56 am

Sinbad wrote:Geez, REB. You are obsessed. All I'm going to say is that I am quietly confident we are on the way back, not talking finals next season but we are on the right track. IMO, I think you lot have a bit to worry about. What if you don't take advantage of your time up the top which is NOW. Sure, we underachieved with 1 flag but it's better than none and I don't feel Geelong have the game breaking players to take a flag. You have a very even team but no standouts which sides need to take a flag.

As REB has already stated. look at sydney for an even team. Very even team all around the ground. But yet they took home the premiership. The exact opposite is the west coast eagles, which has quite a few standout players. Hmmm Team of champions or a Champion team?
Not really much of a question is it?
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

by Sinbad » Fri Dec 16, 2005 8:15 pm

Sinbad
Mini-League

by Rik E Boy » Sat Dec 17, 2005 11:53 am

LMAO@Bummer fans trying to back up players like Zantuck, Allan, Alvey and Murphy and not being all that convincing about it either. My point was never 'Essendon are over the hill hasbeens for 06' but rather, they have been topping up for years with older players at the expense of developing younger players.

The recruitment of Heffernen is a joke and Camperole=Murphy. Good player in a good side but struggles badly in a struggling team..real leadership material with a lack of discpline, a questionable work ethic and yappy to the umpires. Back in the days when Sturt was going through their wooden period, there was an article about a young Sturt player who would be doing it tough learning the trade in a losing side and the camparision was made to Campo who started out in the strong Eagles teams of the same period. Campo played in successful sides for the majority of his career but fell away when Carlton needed him most. Went missing. Just the kind of guy you want at your club NOT.

FWIW though, Essendon appear to have got plenty of young blood into the list now. Don't you think that this has been a little overdue?

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Board index   Football  AFL