Richmond
5%
Western Bulldogs
4%
Kangaroos
No votes

Total votes : 56

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jan 23, 2006 8:41 am

Wedgie wrote:Its not necessarily how many goals you kick REB, its the influence those sort of players have on the whole team.
Don't get me wrong, as much as I get frustrated by Kingsley he's not even close to Richo when it comes to dragging your entire club down with your attitude.

He's got passion for his club that's all. I reckon he'd be a huge asset down at Catland in my view, although luckily for you :lol: , this would never happen. I do see your point about the spitting and body language factor but with Bartel, Ling, Kelly and Corey pumping the ball down to him he might crack a smile as well as snagging bagloads of goals, which is what Geelong need.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby JK » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:11 am

Think much of Richo's attitude problems (which Im not condoning because they are wrong, period!) stem from the amount of years Richmond have played either to a pissweak game plan or just stupid football where he's concerned ... I can't recall the number of times Richmond could have kicked one out to him over the years only to piss-fart around with shorter options in congested area's, involving lesser skilled players ... In a one on one situation this guy as is good as anyone in the AFL, so whilst Richardsons antics are inexcusable, so too has been the teams use of him for a long, long time!

And just btw, I wouldn't be knocking Kent Kingsley, I think he and Scott Welsh play similar types of roles and unfortunately are too often cast as the priority forward due to lack of other options .. They should really be playing Paul Hudson type roles, not those of Lloyd, Gehrig and Co. Imho!
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4464 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby David Votoupal » Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:35 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Which is why I said argubly. 1985-2005 (last 20 years)...Richmond no grand finals and only two finals appearances. St Kilda finalists several times int the 90's for one grand final and finalists the last two seasons. Sydney finals 86 and 87, Grand Final in 96 and several finals series plus the flag for friggs sake. I think I'm on fairly solid ground here as Fitzroy are different (i.e. extinct) beast alltogether.

regards,

REB

I see your point, but I was only using the successs rates of the clubs concerned.
David Votoupal
Rookie

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 0 time

Postby Rik E Boy » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:37 am

Well, in terms of real success Geelong is the second worst club behind the Bulldogs since 1964. I used to follow the Bullies to in my younger days but jumped on the Cat bandwagon ha ha.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Previous

Board index   Football  AFL