Adelaide Crows 2018

Talk on the national game

Re: Adelaide Crows 2018

Postby Wedgie » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:19 pm

This poped up on my facebook, only $5 for any interested Crows fans.

Screenshot_20180624-171459.png
(664.28 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2060 times
Been liked: 3915 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Brodlach » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:21 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
hawks21 wrote:This whole training camp was blown so far out of proportion by the media it’s not funny. The AFLPA had no issues with the camp, some players liked it some didn’t, thats life. Don’t say anything you get slammed, defend yourselves for media beat up you get slammed.

Did you ever think if might have been collective minds that wanted to part ways due to bad publicity? Wonder if they will ask for damages from a few media outlets?

Also Tom Lynch was house shopping in Melbourne last week according to Mclure and co....obviously didn’t find anything he liked. Was also reported yesterday that we still were low balling him..obviously happy with his 200k a year deal.

Or there has been a bit of money freed up recently

Correct, Douglas resigned for $200k less ;)
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby Dutchy » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:05 pm

hawks21 wrote:This whole training camp was blown so far out of proportion by the media it’s not funny. The AFLPA had no issues with the camp, some players liked it some didn’t, thats life. Don’t say anything you get slammed, defend yourselves for media beat up you get slammed.

Did you ever think if might have been collective minds that wanted to part ways due to bad publicity? Wonder if they will ask for damages from a few media outlets?

Also Tom Lynch was house shopping in Melbourne last week according to Mclure and co....obviously didn’t find anything he liked. Was also reported yesterday that we still were low balling him..obviously happy with his 200k a year deal.

Cause everyone that buys a house actually lives in them :lol:
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2332 times
Been liked: 3561 times

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:05 am

Interesting to hear the Crowies on here thoughts on the presser on Saturday. What did you get from it lads, was it worth them doing it or was it just some lip service?

And, where was ol' mate Fages? Surely the boss rolls up to this one.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7517 times
Been liked: 10811 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:15 am

Booney wrote:Interesting to hear the Crowies on here thoughts on the presser on Saturday. What did you get from it lads, was it worth them doing it or was it just some lip service?

Thought it was ok. They answered enough questions to satisfy most except for the journos who want to keep this story going.

What it did show is Pyke and Burton are definitely not on the same page...

Not sure why they held it at 3pm on a Saturday. Might be more on Shuttleworth for organising rather than the club as a whole for that decision.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2633 times
Been liked: 1862 times

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:17 am

MW wrote:
Booney wrote:Interesting to hear the Crowies on here thoughts on the presser on Saturday. What did you get from it lads, was it worth them doing it or was it just some lip service?

Thought it was ok. They answered enough questions to satisfy most except for the journos who want to keep this story going.

What it did show is Pyke and Burton are definitely not on the same page...

Not sure why they held it at 3pm on a Saturday. Might be more on Shuttleworth for organising rather than the club as a whole for that decision.

Pyke came out of it better than Burton. Burton was lying through his teeth and wouldn't admit he ****** up.
mighty hounds
Coach

Has liked: 89 times
Been liked: 286 times

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:20 am

Agree.
When Burton was tip toeing around the question if the camp was a pass or fail, and Pyke spoke over him and said "it was a fail"...loved it from Pyke.
MW
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:22 am

MW wrote:Agree.
When Burton was tip toeing around the question if the camp was a pass or fail, and Pyke spoke over him and said "it was a fail"...loved it from Pyke.

Yeh Pyke didn't seem to impress with Burton. I wonder what they said to each other after it was finished
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:24 am

They've certainly changed their tune. Only last week Collective Minds was good for the club and many positives were drawn from it and then it's hasta la vista on Saturday afternoon and a few things they'd been denying, denying, denying were in fact true all along. The blindfolding on the bus with the Richmond song playing, for instance.

Burton was the wrong bloke to have there I reckon, if they had their time again he'd be behind closed doors.

It needed Fagan/Chapman and Pyke up there who are better media performers than Burton. The whole thing was stage managed quite poorly IMO, from the standing up where body language can't be hidden to the timing, just felt rushed and by holding it when they did it seemed like it was a Claytons presser. The presser you have when you don't have a presser.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:25 am

mighty hounds wrote:

Yeh Pyke didn't seem to impress with Burton. I wonder what they said to each other after it was finished

Pyke wouldn't have spoken to Burton about it, I bet he sure as hell did to Shuttleworth and Fagan though.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby mighty hounds » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:26 am

Booney wrote:They've certainly changed their tune. Only last week Collective Minds was good for the club and many positives were drawn from it and then it's hasta la vista on Saturday afternoon and a few things they'd been denying, denying, denying were in fact true all along. The blindfolding on the bus with the Richmond song playing, for instance.

Burton was the wrong bloke to have there I reckon, if they had their time again he'd be behind closed doors.

It needed Fagan/Chapman and Pyke up there who are better media performers than Burton. The whole thing was stage managed quite poorly IMO, from the standing up where body language can't be hidden to the timing, just felt rushed and by holding it when they did it seemed like it was a Claytons presser. The presser you have when you don't have a presser.

I feel like Burton was there because i heard he recommended Collective Minds and it may have been his decision? Someone correct me if that's wrong
mighty hounds
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:26 am

Yeah I must admit I liked that from Pyke. A bit of honesty which is what is needed to put this bizzare thing where it belongs and that's in the gutter. Unfortunately McClure, Barrett, Rucci live there so it probably still won't go away.

Really the only way for it to be killed off is for the crows to start winning again and lock a few more players in. Lynch was a really good start.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:30 am

stan wrote:

Yeah I must admit I liked that from Pyke. A bit of honesty which is what is needed to put this bizzare thing where it belongs and that's in the gutter. Unfortunately McClure, Barrett, Rucci live there so it probably still won't go away.

Really the only way for it to be killed off is for the crows to start winning again and lock a few more players in. Lynch was a really good start.

Plenty of other scribes have said there's more questions than answers from it and I agree. It's like they were happy telling us a few things but not happy telling us some others.

Should have been all in or nothing IMO.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:32 am

What exact questions do you want answered though?
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:53 am

MW wrote:What exact questions do you want answered though?

Fair question. Do you think it was worth doing?

They'd denied the rumors for weeks and then they confirm the rumors, I think it was more damaging than it was "healing", for want of a better word.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:58 am

I think it was worth it as the supporters were demanding it.
I think they've always said it had many benefits but also some issues. They've just never gone into those issues. Has a journo ever asked directly about the Richmond song or blindfolding before at a presser or just gone with it on an article?
At the end of the day I agree mostly that our presence in the media needs a major overhaul. Ian Shuttleworth seems out of his depth here but it is probably deeper than that.
MW
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:01 am

I certainly recall someone asking about the blindfolding and Richmond song and Pyke shaking it off.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:08 am

Presser should have put to bed the whole 'drama'. Instead there is many more questions and will no doubt carry a lot of air time this week and until more information is released.

That presser could have put this all to bed and ended the story but has done far from that.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5609 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby MW » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:09 am

whufc wrote:Presser should have put to bed the whole 'drama'. Instead there is many more questions and will no doubt carry a lot of air time this week and until more information is released.

That presser could have put this all to bed and ended the story but has done far from that.

I will ask you also. What exact questions do you want answered?
MW
Coach

Postby whufc » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:16 am

MW wrote:
whufc wrote:Presser should have put to bed the whole 'drama'. Instead there is many more questions and will no doubt carry a lot of air time this week and until more information is released.

I will ask you also. What exact questions do you want answered?

I actually have no interest in the story but I think the general public / Crows fans want the full truth. It was obvious to blind freddy that Brett Burton and Pyke were not on the same page and they were trying to follow some form of company line rather than give the honest truth.
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5609 times
Been liked: 2538 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL