Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:21 am

I also think a lot of things went the Crows way in the last half.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2328 times
Been liked: 3522 times

Postby hawks21 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:02 am

Dutchy wrote:I also think a lot of things went the Crows way in the last half.

Contested possessions, inside 50's and general control of the game? :lol:

Port started really well and i thought did well to keep coming back at the Crows. Their tackling pressure outstanding which created turn overs and scores. I think if it wasn't for a couple of nice goals late in the 3rd term (Eddy and Wingard?) i think it could have blown out, full credit to Port.

Thought the Crows controlled the game for majority of the last 3 quarters and set up really well defensively again once it went inside our forward 50. Unfortunately couldn't capitalise on the sustain pressure. Ollie Wines the best for Port by a mile. Needed a bit more help in the midfield.
hawks21
Reserves

Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 37 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:09 am

Crows made their own luck by playing better footy over longer periods of the game.

Port looked awesome, but only in patches, can't beat the better sides like that.

Now that the Woods have beaten Sydney at the SCG it brings Port back into the middle of the pack.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4347 times
Been liked: 7930 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:12 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Crows made their own luck by playing better footy over longer periods of the game.

Port looked awesome, but only in patches, can't beat the better sides like that.

Now that the Woods have beaten Sydney at the SCG it brings Port back into the middle of the pack.

Port were always middle of the pack. Just might be towards the top of that middle rather than the lower portion as a lot of us thought.

Big show for finals if they keep playing the way they have done. They seem to have their mojo back which was lost in the past couple of years
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:24 am

bennymacca wrote:
Port were always middle of the pack. Just might be towards the top of that middle rather than the lower portion as a lot of us thought.

Big show for finals if they keep playing the way they have done. They seem to have their mojo back which was lost in the past couple of years

Perception was inflated after the Sydney win, it's hard to gauge an order of ranking till just yet.

GWS, Geelong and Adelaide would definitely be the front runners, throw a blanket over the next 6 or 7.

I think there may be one or two token finals contenders this year.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:27 am

Geelong?
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:33 am

Dutchy wrote:Geelong?

Yeah, I reluctantly placed them in there, they aren't playing great footy but they are doing enough to get the job done, could possibly be placed a rung under the other two but then there's some daylight after that.

Good teams find ways to win, I thought they were shagged on Saturday, they were getting outplayed by a gutsy North but bounced back.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby carey » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Perception was inflated after the Sydney win, it's hard to gauge an order of ranking till just yet.

GWS, Geelong and Adelaide would definitely be the front runners, throw a blanket over the next 6 or 7.

I think there may be one or two token finals contenders this year.

Adelaide and GWS to me are the clear 2 favourites and after them 2 as LM states, You could throw a blanket over the rest my market would be....

Adel,GWS $6
West Coast $8
Dogs, Geelong $11
Sydney $15
Richmond $20

The rest over $20 for mine.......
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2810 times
Been liked: 2997 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:40 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Yeah, I reluctantly placed them in there, they aren't playing great footy but they are doing enough to get the job done, could possibly be placed a rung under the other two but then there's some daylight after that.

Good teams find ways to win, I thought they were shagged on Saturday, they were getting outplayed by a gutsy Melbourne but bounced back.

Edited - North are shite.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7501 times
Been liked: 10792 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:43 am

Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Good teams find ways to win, I thought they were shagged on Saturday, they were getting outplayed by a gutsy Melbourne but bounced back.

Shite or not, I thought they played way above expectations against the Cats.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:45 am

carey wrote:

Adelaide and GWS to me are the clear 2 favourites and after them 2 as LM states, You could throw a blanket over the rest my market would be....

Adel,GWS $6
West Coast $8
Dogs, Geelong $11
Sydney $15
Richmond $20

The rest over $20 for mine.......

I probably only chucked Geelong in there because Wedgie has recently done a bar course.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:48 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
Booney wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Shite or not, I thought they played way above expectations against the Cats.

Geelong played Melbourne on the weekend...as such, I'm a little lost. ( Geelong played North last week )
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:56 am

The fact that both the Roos and Melb have put the Cats under pressure in the last 2 weeks puts a ? mark over them for me.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Postby Lightning McQueen » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:58 am

Dutchy wrote:The fact that both the Roos and Melb have put the Cats under pressure in the last 2 weeks puts a ? mark over them for me.

I half rate Melbourne, could accidentally fall into the finals.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:59 am

Dutchy wrote:The fact that both the Roos and Melb have put the Cats under pressure in the last 2 weeks puts a ? mark over them for me.

North has Preuss ( who, with another week or 2 of this form might make Goldy nervous ) in good form and until he went down Melbourne had Gawn going well, Smith is the weak link in Geelong's midfield. However, they're forward line is working better and they keep kicking goals and winning so you can't knock that.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:23 pm

Lightning McQueen wrote:

Melbourne smashed Geelong in the second quarter, but kicked 5.7 to 4.0

I didnt see much of the last half, but I get the feeling Melbourne just need everything to click and they will scare a lot of teams. Whether that happens or not is another matter
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:26 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Lightning McQueen wrote:

Melbourne smashed Geelong in the second quarter, but kicked 5.7 to 4.0

I didnt see much of the last half, but I get the feeling Melbourne just need everything to click and they will scare a lot of teams. Whether that happens or not is another matter

Will struggle without big Maxy for the next 8-12( or more ) as his hamstring is tendon related and may require surgery.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Reddeer » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:30 pm

This is a year where on their day any team can beat the other team. Good luck tipsters there's going to be a lot of upset results
Verschrikkelyk!!
Reddeer
Reserves

Has liked: 28 times
Been liked: 83 times

Postby bennymacca » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Reddeer wrote:This is a year where on their day any team can beat the other team. Good luck tipsters there's going to be a lot of upset results

agreed. makes for a good even comp.
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:44 pm

You can keep your question mark, we'll take the four points. Yeah, we aren't at our best but not much point being at our best now. These early wins are gold. You should know that North have always given us trouble. Even in 2007 you rolled us at Cat Park. North at Ethiad is always a tough assignment for Geelong and we went in without our best ruckman (who is well down the pecking order but better than Stanley) and Pruess took advantage of what may very well be a life boat for his season. Good on him, he played well.

As for Melbourne you are selling them short. They are well coached and not the rabble they were in the past. I think they can make the eight although their senior players in Vince, Hogan and Lewis have done them no favours with ill-discipline. I believe that Spencer can fill the void for Melbourne with Max on the sideline but they need Lewis and Hogan for the grunt and experience in what is a pretty young team.

The Cats have issues, and hopefully we can redress them. Sydney, Hawthorn and Geelong. Check the ladder. Pretty happy Catter at the moment as we could easily be 1-2.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1698 times
Been liked: 1819 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL