Port Adelaide 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2016

Postby therisingblues » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:19 pm

bennymacca wrote:
Wedgie wrote:
therisingblues wrote:Good on Port for throwing everything they had at the Crows.

:lol:

Haha!

:lol:
Oh shit! I think Magellan has finally gotten inside my brain. It took a few seconds but I clicked in the end.
I'm gonna sit back, crack the top off a Pale Ale, and watch the Double Blues prevail
1915, 1919, 1926, 1932, 1940, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1974, 1976, 2002, 2016, 2017
therisingblues
Coach

Has liked: 369 times
Been liked: 514 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:21 pm

It's good to see an indigenous player get the support of the wider football community regarding racial issues...

Only 12 months to late, but good none the less...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby RustyCage » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:24 pm

MW wrote:
another grub wrote:People are getting blown up around the world and we carrying on because someone threw fruit at the footy. Comical. Happens in the school yard every day. Pathetic

She is a known racist who deliberately removed banana from her bag and threw it at an indigenous player. A tad different to kids throwing fruit in the school yard

I really doubt that she even took the banana to the footy with the intention of ever eating it.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:47 pm

RustyCage wrote:
MW wrote:
another grub wrote:People are getting blown up around the world and we carrying on because someone threw fruit at the footy. Comical. Happens in the school yard every day. Pathetic

She is a known racist who deliberately removed banana from her bag and threw it at an indigenous player. A tad different to kids throwing fruit in the school yard

I really doubt that she even took the banana to the footy with the intention of ever eating it.

It wasn't a cucumber!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2050 times
Been liked: 3894 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Port Adelaide 2016

Postby Jim05 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:52 pm

RustyCage wrote:
MW wrote:

What else do ranga's eat?
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby RustyCage » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:13 pm

Jim05 wrote:
RustyCage wrote:
MW wrote:

What else do ranga's eat?

Souls?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby LPH » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:49 pm

The fact that spectators are throwing projectiles on to the arena is being 'glossed over'!
It is dangerous & disrespectful - if her intent was racial, then that ADDS to the disrespect.
This is the players work place - it is sacred & spectators haven't EARNED the right to be out there.
Do we want nets up around the ground to protect players?
There is no place for the racial overtones but shouldn't the fact that projectiles are being thrown at least get raised?
'Don' said if Steven Milne had it done to him, it would be different - Err, NO IT WOULDN"T!
Stephen Trigg & Rob Chapman are SA Football Patriots
LPH
League - Best 21

Has liked: 541 times
Been liked: 326 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:51 pm

LPH wrote:The fact that spectators are throwing projectiles on to the arena is being 'glossed over'!
It is dangerous & disrespectful - if her intent was racial, then that ADDS to the disrespect.
This is the players work place - it is sacred & spectators haven't EARNED the right to be out there.
There is no place for the racial overtones but shouldn't the fact that projectiles are being thrown at least get raised?
'Don' said if Steven Milne had it done to him, it would be different - Err, NO IT WOULDN"T!

No 'if's about it...
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby Magellan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:55 pm

therisingblues wrote:Oh shit! I think Magellan has finally gotten inside my brain.

It's pretty cramped in here, but then again, I get free entry to the finals this way. ;)
"Religion is like a blind man looking in a black room for a black cat that isn't there...and finding it." - Oscar Wilde
Magellan
Coach

Has liked: 757 times
Been liked: 1517 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 22, 2016 3:57 pm

LPH wrote:The fact that spectators are throwing projectiles on to the arena is being 'glossed over'!

A spectator.

No, we don't.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7494 times
Been liked: 10781 times

Postby Gozu » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Throwing bananas at black players has been notorious as a racist attack in European and English football since the 1970s and ’80s.

Port Adelaide fans took to social media in disgust at their fellow fan’s behaviour.

A post on The Alberton Crowd Facebook page said: “To the idiot who thought it would be a great idea to throw a banana at eddie betts, well done. You’ve now tainted all Port fans with the same brush and we will hear about how feral we are all week.”

A post from a Port fan near the incident alleged that the woman called Betts a monkey and also accused her of bad behaviour at previous games.

“This happened in the row in front of me. I am proud to say that I yelled at her and told her she took it too far,” one man posted.

“She responded by saying, but he’s a monkey. I yelled back, no, ur just a racist.

“All year we’ve had to put up with her foul mouth ... in front of our kids.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/adelai ... 71ee67b98c

She sounds like she's got serious issues.
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 660 times

Postby Mickyj » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:10 pm

I don't have the facts but I've read on Facebook David Koche is barring or banning the girl/lady .
Hopefully for life
You can not throw things at players
And if it was racist how can she actually follow port Adelaide that club has aboriginal players and an aboriginal academy if she was racist that's another banning for life surely . If she wasn't racist then it's just throwing stuff over the fence at players .
Land based Lure Bream Fisherman
PB
Hardbody Bream 38cm
Hardbody Mulloway 40cm
Softplastic Bream 38cm
Fly Bream 30cm
Mickyj
Coach

Has liked: 154 times
Been liked: 22 times

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:13 pm

At least they've progressed from throwing rocks at their own players heads.
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:17 pm

Ironically she's only banned from Port games but can go to Crows games! :lol:
Wedgie
Site Admin

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:19 pm

My brother in law sent me a text :

"Being made to stay away from Port games is hardly a punishment"
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby heater31 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Booney wrote:My brother in law sent me a text :

In the context of on field performance....he does make a valid point.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1263 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:21 pm

heater31 wrote:
Booney wrote:My brother in law sent me a text :

In the context of on field performance....he does make a valid point.

True, he's still a **** and not welcome at Xmas. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Dutchy » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:34 pm

While she is getting what she deserves I do cringe that the media have found out where she has lives, named her and chucked cameras in her face as she tried to leave home in a car.

I think its been handled really well right up to now, and the last thing anyone would want is to tip her over the edge with all the pressure she is getting. I think the media have a role to play here and step back a touch.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2326 times
Been liked: 3507 times

Postby Pseudo » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:43 pm

Clowns OUT. Smears OUT. RESIST THE OCCUPATION.
Pseudo
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 1559 times
Grassroots Team: Marion

Postby Grahaml » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:08 am

Dutchy wrote:While she is getting what she deserves I do cringe that the media have found out where she has lives, named her and chucked cameras in her face as she tried to leave home in a car.

I think its been handled really well right up to now, and the last thing anyone would want is to tip her over the edge with all the pressure she is getting. I think the media have a role to play here and step back a touch.

The media in this country are disgusting. They smell blood in the water and they all go in for the kill and then dance on the victim's grave. If you ever call them out on it though they have this appalled reaction and hide behind this "public interest" nonsense.

Leave the girl alone. She's copped her whack and will be dealt with through official channels. Certainly no need to harass someone in the name of a story.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL