Re: Sanderson sacked

Postby stun72 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:43 pm

stun72
Under 16s

Has liked: 116 times
Been liked: 2 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:46 pm

Id be more inclined to believe to due to medical reasons he may become a senior assistant to Dew as the Adelaide coach
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby Jimmy_041 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:48 pm

Sanderson went to the Hackney for Mad Monday :shock:
:partyman: :YMBRINGITON: :axe:
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 723 times
Been liked: 1072 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby RustyCage » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:28 pm

Why would Clarkson leave just 6 months after signing a contract extension?
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:30 pm

None of the decent coaches are going to want to coach the crows after Roo's comments yesterday. The board thinks that they have a very good list that can go deep in September. The list the crows currently have, at best will make up numbers in September.
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 95 times

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:30 pm

RustyCage wrote:Why would Clarkson leave just 6 months after signing a contract extension?

The only people that think that will be saying in February that the Crows are flag favourites
We're on this journey together, One Heart, One Club and they will Never Ever Tear Us Apart.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby stan » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:44 pm

kickinit wrote:None of the decent coaches are going to want to coach the crows after Roo's comments yesterday. The board thinks that they have a very good list that can go deep in September. The list the crows currently have, at best will make up numbers in September.

There list is ok. Its missing some quality outside players, another key defender and some lock down mid sized backs. But the bones are there.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1254 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Robran » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:48 pm

Mickyj wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'm suprised Josh Francou's name hasn't been brought up. Would do a great job IMHO but too new to the AFL system?
HIs clubs have played in 2 GFs in 2 years.

It has been as an assistant to Dew :)

If dew gets job then I stop supporting the club that I love to me it is just a backwards step and we might as well of kept sando.. I feel for sando so much. . The players let him down in games this year that we all had ticked as a win. . But footy is a cruel circle and unfortunately the coach is the one that cops it.. but we move on and they need to throw all they can at clarkson or worsfold imo.. dew beings nothing ok he is in a winning culture at syd but so was sando at geelong and look were that got him.. bite the bullet adelaide and do what you need to do for the club to be a force and stop making the wrong people pay have a look at board level and our player list...
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:52 pm

Robran wrote:
Mickyj wrote:
Wedgie wrote:I'm suprised Josh Francou's name hasn't been brought up. Would do a great job IMHO but too new to the AFL system?
HIs clubs have played in 2 GFs in 2 years.

It has been as an assistant to Dew :)

If dew gets job then I stop supporting the club that I love to me it is just a backwards step and we might as well of kept sando.. I feel for sando so much. . The players let him down in games this year that we all had ticked as a win. . But footy is a cruel circle and unfortunately the coach is the one that cops it.. but we move on and they need to throw all they can at clarkson or worsfold imo.. dew beings nothing ok he is in a winning culture at syd but so was sando at geelong and look were that got him.. bite the bullet adelaide and do what you need to do for the club to be a force and stop making the wrong people pay have a look at board level and our player list...

Oh you didnt get the memo then?
Sando's sacking had nothing to do with his coaching and he only has himself to blame.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2424 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:54 pm

from afl.com.au

HAWTHORN coach Alastair Clarkson is the bookmakers' favourite to be named as Brenton Sanderson's successor at Adelaide, despite being contracted until the end of 2016.

One bookmaker has wound the Hawks' coach into $1.45 odds to take over at the Crows after Hawthorn faces the Sydney Swans in Saturday's Grand Final.

The reigning premiership coach, who has steered the Hawks to three consecutive Grand Finals, signed a contract extension in early 2014 that tied him to the club for the next two seasons.

Former Crow Andrew Jarman made the extraordinary claim on Triple M radio that Clarkson could be announced as Adelaide's next coach as soon as next week.

"Next Tuesday there’ll be an announcement to say that the Adelaide Crows have signed Alastair Clarkson to a five-year deal, $1.4 (million) a year," Jarman said.

"The intel did say if they win it’s definitely done, if they lose then he could stay."

holy shit i think i have to barrack for hawthorn haha.

really dont see it happening, but if it does...

bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:58 pm

bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:51 pm

You do realise that all the talk about clarkson today has come from Jarmen, a person who is very well known for making up crap.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby dedja » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:45 pm

I've got the media release ready ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 1002 times

Postby Pup » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:27 pm

Is this like the Clarkson will definitely coach WCE at the end of last year and that was actually from a credible journalist
You sunk my Scrabbleship
Pup
Veteran

Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 12 times

Postby Pag » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:25 pm

I understand Collingwood are trying to protect their investment but FFS, the bloke's dad has cancer, just get a trade done, don't stuff around with giving him an extra weekend or two off per year. Some things are more important than footy.
Pag
Coach

Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 499 times

Postby dedja » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:31 pm

Pup wrote:Is this like the Clarkson will definitely coach WCE at the end of last year and that was actually from a credible journalist

Yep, apparently numbnuts Jarman has already backed away from his scoop ...
It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 188 times
Been liked: 1002 times

Postby Robran » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:59 pm

dedja wrote:
Pup wrote:Is this like the Clarkson will definitely coach WCE at the end of last year and that was actually from a credible journalist

We'll there u go straight from the horses mouth no chance in hell clarko coming. . And I think it was jarman u muppet or peanut.. so we can all put that to bed. Now chase worsfold will ya adelaide
GO THE COCKS
The mighty cocks 2018 premiers
Robran
League - Best 21

Has liked: 209 times
Been liked: 189 times

Postby valleys07 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:59 pm

Clarko just killed the rumour on the footy show. He is going nowhere!
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 768 times
Been liked: 1171 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby kickinit » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:05 pm

Robran wrote:
dedja wrote:

We'll there u go straight from the horses mouth no chance in hell clarko coming. . And I think it was jarman u muppet or peanut.. so we can all put that to bed. Now chase worsfold will ya adelaide

Worsfold already said he's not interested in coaching next year.
kickinit
League - Top 5

Postby Yank Man » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Robran wrote:
dedja wrote:

No he said he won't be there either. Confirmed that tonite on 5AA. So the pool diminishes seems no one wants to walk in to a guaranteed future sacking. :D
Yank Man
League - Top 5

Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 317 times
Grassroots Team: Edwardstown

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL