Sydney Swans 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:54 pm

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (129.36 KiB) Viewed 1068 times
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3026 times
Been liked: 2401 times

Postby HH3 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:00 pm

All thats gonna happen is they lose Cola...not a big deal
I TOLD YOU SO

2013/14 NFL Tipping Comp Champion
HH3
Coach

Has liked: 3301 times
Been liked: 2433 times
Grassroots Team: North Haven

Postby bennymacca » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:31 pm

GWW wrote:From what I can tell, they arent banned from trading players in, the next 2 years - its just theyve ruled that their COLA will be removed if they do.

So the option is still there. I would imagine.

As a critic of the concessions afforded to the northern states clubs over the years, I think its the first bit of common sense on this issue, that the AFL has used for years.

the point is, the AFL was already phasing the COLA out - why are they placing further restrictions on them? if they were bottom of the ladder this rule for sure would not have been brought in, so it is basically they are scared they would get another gun for a couple of years, through good management and the rules as the AFL sets them.

GWW wrote:No - they're attempting to put them on an even field with the majority of the other clubs.

Still have the academy to dismantle yet :)

they were doing this anyway, and i dont think many have issues with the dismantling of the COLA, but this is just silly
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:36 pm

Think this just proves who is running the AFL.
Eddie finally got his way, have no problem with them losing the COLA but not being able to trade WTF.
Swans need to fight this
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1126 times
Been liked: 3553 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:Think this just proves who is running the AFL.
Eddie finally got his way, have no problem with them losing the COLA but not being able to trade WTF.
Swans need to fight this

As GWW said they are still allowed to trade, they just lose COLA immediately if they do.
Cola should have been stopped immediately anyway not phased out like they are doing.
That Karma bus has been great in the last month, long may it continue.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2423 times
Been liked: 1660 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby GWW » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:23 pm

My conspiracy theory is that the AFL wants to give GWS a comparative advantage in the NSW market (I'm assuming the Giants will have Cola a few years after the Swans no longer have it).
GWW

Has liked: 816 times
Been liked: 166 times

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:30 pm

GWW wrote:My conspiracy theory is that the AFL wants to give GWS a comparative advantage in the NSW market (I'm assuming the Giants will have Cola a few years after the Swans no longer have it).

I think you're on the money and i think its fair enough to get GWS up and going. Hope they dont wait 10 years after their 1st premiership to get rid of it though
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:38 pm

daysofourlives wrote:
GWW wrote:My conspiracy theory is that the AFL wants to give GWS a comparative advantage in the NSW market (I'm assuming the Giants will have Cola a few years after the Swans no longer have it).

I think you're on the money and i think its fair enough to get GWS up and going. Hope they dont wait 10 years after their 1st premiership to get rid of it though

you can't take it of one and not the other!
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:45 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

The AFL can do what they want dont forget.
Look at all the draft picks and concessions the new sides got
Jim05
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:22 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Ummm yes they can and they will
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby whufc » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:59 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Yeah the AFL can

They have proven they make the rules up as they go to suit their agenda.

The integrity of the comp is the last thing on their mind

Once again the AFL prove to be a joke of a competition
RIP PH408 63notoutforever
whufc
Coach

Has liked: 5589 times
Been liked: 2531 times
Grassroots Team: BSR

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:09 am

daysofourlives wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Think this just proves who is running the AFL.
Swans need to fight this

As GWW said they are still allowed to trade, they just lose COLA immediately if they do.
Cola should have been stopped immediately anyway not phased out like they are doing.
That Karma bus has been great in the last month, long may it continue.

How so??? Following the rules which the AFL set out for us?
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:11 am

Is it a coincidence this and griffens move to nsw come out within a couple of hours of eachother? Maybe he was going to sydney til the afl got wind of it and this is the result.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:20 am

We lost Malceski, O'keefe, membry and LRT this year... What club after 4 players leaving wouldn't trade someone in???

Just proves that Eddie has a lot of pull in the AFL...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:22 am

The AFL Players Association made clear its unhappiness with the ban on Thursday night, with chief executive Paul Marsh saying the AFL's directive would have an adverse impact on players both at Sydney and other clubs.

Marsh said the league's decision would make make it more diffcult for Sydney players to leave the club via a trade, while preventing others from considering joining the club as a free agent.

"We believe this directive is a reaction to concerns around COLA, and rather than addressing the core issue, an introduction of this new restriction is simply unfair to the club and players," Marsh said.

"The central tenet of free agency is that it enables eligible players to go to a club of their choice, however from next year, those players will not be able to go to Sydney in the next two years.

"This is fundamentally wrong and unfair on those players who have earned the right to choose where they play."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/a ... z3FgB4WXHY
Last edited by woodublieve12 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:22 am

woodublieve12 wrote:Is it a coincidence this and griffens move to nsw come out within a couple of hours of eachother? Maybe he was going to sydney til the afl got wind of it and this is the result.

Yeah im sure thats it.
Id say its more likely that this was one of the conditions that the AFL approved the 9 year contract for Lance. If you remember at the time there was some talk that Lance's contract may not be approved by the AFL. Sydney would have agreed to it at the time and now 12 months later want to change, forcing the AFL's hand. Sydney more than likely wanted Patfull IMO
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:28 am

woodublieve12 wrote:We lost Malceski, O'keefe, membry and LRT this year... What club after 4 players leaving wouldn't trade someone in???

No just proves that at least 15 other clubs are very pissed at Sydney, the asterix premierships arent a good look on top of recruiting the best player in the game.
See how you go fitting any new player into your salary cap if COLA is gone instantly. That is why you cant recruit
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:34 am

daysofourlives wrote:
woodublieve12 wrote:We lost Malceski, O'keefe, membry and LRT this year... What club after 4 players leaving wouldn't trade someone in???

No just proves that at least 15 other clubs are very pissed at Sydney, the asterix premierships arent a good look on top of recruiting the best player in the game.
See how you go fitting any new player into your salary cap if COLA is gone instantly. That is why you cant recruit

You have a lot of anger towards the swans... Maybe you shuold actually direct that towards the AFL for implementing the rules...

We never broke any rules or did anything any other club would do in our situation.

Going by priority picks, the HAwk$ now have the best player in the comp :lol: can't believe you got that spud...
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:54 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

You have a lot of anger towards the swans... Maybe you shuold actually direct that towards the AFL for implementing the rules...

We never broke any rules or did anything any other club would do in our situation.

Going by priority picks, the HAwk$ now have the best player in the comp :lol: can't believe you got that spud...

Either can I!
There hasnt been a priority pick for quite a few years, whats your point?
Do you mean free agency compensation pick? You're lack of knowledge continues to astound but its not totally unexpected from a Swans supporter.

Tha AFL are now implementing the rules and you are throwing the toys out the cot, get over it, you had it too good for too long.
Now about that academy that seen you land 2 1st round picks for stuff all last week
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:10 am

Im led to believe that a couple of days ago Sydney "enquired" about Ryder as they saw negotiations between Essendon and Port at at stalemate. Eddie and a couple of other big wig Presidents got wind and went to the league demanding action.
Jim05
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL