Crows 2016

Talk on the national game

Re: Crows 2016

Postby Rik E Boy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:27 pm

MW wrote:That's my point REB. Winning the ruck is not as important against those sides so pressure is relieved on Sauce regardless how good Martin and Leunberger are.

Fair enough. I misunderstood your post.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1727 times
Been liked: 1831 times

Postby stan » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:51 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
MW wrote:Maybe, but Doc Clarke was quoted saying Sauce prefers continuity rather than a rest game and without sounding arrogant, he probably gets a rest in both those games anyway, a chance to throw JJ more in the ruck also possibly.

Yeah that is arrogant. While Adelaide are clearly streets ahead of those two teams Leunberger has had a good season and Martin is no mug.

regards,

REB

Sort of surprised that Leunberger has broken down yet.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1271 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Jim05 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:58 pm

stan wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
MW wrote:Maybe, but Doc Clarke was quoted saying Sauce prefers continuity rather than a rest game and without sounding arrogant, he probably gets a rest in both those games anyway, a chance to throw JJ more in the ruck also possibly.

Yeah that is arrogant. While Adelaide are clearly streets ahead of those two teams Leunberger has had a good season and Martin is no mug.

regards,

REB

Missed 1 a few weeks back after copping a knock to the knee but has been fantastic for us this year. Was interesting listening to him a few weeks back and he credits his good run to our training facilities and the lack of travel. Comparison in facilities are like chalk and cheese, ours are amongst the best in the comp whilst Brisbane's weight room can only fit half a dozen players in at a time and the facilities are decades old.
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1128 times
Been liked: 3650 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby heater31 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:13 pm

Seen the Big Sauce tell Peter Jonas to 'Get ****** I'm playing' coming back from injury in the SANFL before they had their own team.....
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby Grahaml » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:23 am

Jim05 wrote:
stan wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Missed 1 a few weeks back after copping a knock to the knee but has been fantastic for us this year. Was interesting listening to him a few weeks back and he credits his good run to our training facilities and the lack of travel. Comparison in facilities are like chalk and cheese, ours are amongst the best in the comp whilst Brisbane's weight room can only fit half a dozen players in at a time and the facilities are decades old.

That is and I think will always be the great inequity in the AFL. The fact that a club like West Coast with all those great players they've had, still don't have anyone play 300 speaks volumes. Stuffed if I know how to fix it. The players who travel should earn more to compensate for lost years of playing, but we all know that will just go to signing blokes on big contracts. You can't give those outside Victoria more home games because that just creates an entirely different equity issue. We can't even move 1 Victorian team out, let alone the several you'd need to balance it all up.
Grahaml
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 169 times

Postby JK » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:15 am

cracka wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
carey wrote:Would love to see Danger v Sloane

It might be like the Danger v Fyfe "matchup" last season. They wouldn't play each other that close I reckon.

regards,

REB

They've already had a match up, going by the stats Danger was the better player but most thought Sloane won the contest.

Stats probably favoured PD that night, but he was "good" without being "great"
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4468 times
Been liked: 3009 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby stan » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:17 pm

daysofourlives wrote:

Arrogance at its finest, what are you up to now??? 7 wins in a row, thats huge, imagine if you make a Grand Final, that would be next level. Wish my team was in Adelaides position to rest players

2 Games clear on top now, so are you in a position to rest players yet? ;)
stan
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:38 pm

stan wrote:
daysofourlives wrote:

Arrogance at its finest, what are you up to now??? 7 wins in a row, thats huge, imagine if you make a Grand Final, that would be next level. Wish my team was in Adelaides position to rest players

2 Games clear on top now, so are you in a position to rest players yet? ;)

If there is any club would be justified in being arrogant it would be us, its certainly not the over achievers at West Lakes, however we're not. I dont think we have ever rested anyone that wasnt genuinely in need of a week off, With us it just seems to happen naturally for big chunks of the season, we just tend to get them all back come finals time.
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2456 times
Been liked: 1683 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby stan » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:11 am

I would say if Jacobs needs a spell it would have to be against the bombers. Leunberger has been good this season but I think either Jenkins or Rookie Ruck (O'Brien? ) would go okish against him.
stan
Coach

Postby Fricky » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:53 am

Looking at the top 4 sides and their fixtures it'll be tough to make the top 4 for us.
Hawks 60pts 124.3% – Melbourne, North, WCE, Collingwood - 0 losses
GWS 52 pts 142% – Suns, WCE, Freo, North - maybe 1 loss
Sydney 52 pts 140% – Port, Saints, North, Richmond - 0 losses
Geelong 52 pts 133.1% - Essendon, Richmond, Brisbane, Melbourne - 0 losses, all likely to be big wins
Adelaide 52 pts 133% - Brisbane, Freo, Port, WCE - maybe 1 loss

We need to win big in every game to have any chance of making the top 4. I think we'll play Elimination Final v North at AO in the first week of the finals.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:58 am

Suri wrote:Looking at the top 4 sides and their fixtures it'll be tough to make the top 4 for us.
Geelong 52 pts 133.1% - Essendon, Richmond, Brisbane, Melbourne - 0 losses, all likely to be big wins

We need to win big in every game to have any chance of making the top 4. I think we'll play Elimination Final v North at AO in the first week of the finals.

You'll either finish 4th and get the Hawks at the G or 5th and North/West Coast at home, then it will be off to Sydney either way.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11096 times

Postby Fricky » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:00 pm

Booney wrote:
Suri wrote:Looking at the top 4 sides and their fixtures it'll be tough to make the top 4 for us.

You'll either finish 4th and get the Hawks at the G or 5th and North/West Coast at home, then it will be off to Sydney either way.

4th would be better obviously, there's always a chance we could knock off the Hawks. A small chance but a chance none the less.
Fricky
League - Best 21

Has liked: 95 times
Been liked: 120 times
Grassroots Team: Walkerville

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:01 pm

I reckon avoid them and Sydney until the prelim, if you can, get North/WCE then GWS that'd be the ideal way to get to the prelim, then get Sydney/Hawks/Geelong.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:48 pm

Good chance to get into the top 4 this week with Brisbane at home.

Geelong having Essendon helps them but Sydney have Port which is likely to be slightly closer than those other 2.
stan
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:52 pm

One things for sure, this year more than most there is a chance that someone from outside the top 4 can make the GF
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby Booney » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:02 pm

MW wrote:One things for sure, this year more than most there is a chance that someone from outside the top 4 can make the GF

The week off before finals helps, but I think the nature of this finals series the winner of the first week who get the week off will still be at an advantage. The semi-final weekend, cut throat, will be brutal.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby MW » Mon Aug 01, 2016 1:04 pm

true. sides 3-6 will be very evenly matched. might come down to home ground.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby stan » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:03 pm

MW wrote:true. sides 3-6 will be very evenly matched. might come down to home ground.

I tend to agree but I woud say sides nore 2 - 5 are evenly matched.

Im a realist if nothing else and in my opinion we (west coast) are not playing well enough and not up to it at the moment.

North and the Bulldogs I would also put in that category as well. I reckon the Hawks are clearly the best with GWS, Adelaide, Geelonh and Sydney that next back of where the challenger will come from.
stan
Coach

Postby Wedgie » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:19 pm

The premier will come out of the top 4 at the end of the year, no doubt about that.
Even then if the top two have home state advantage in either week 1 or 3 it'll probably only be one of the top 2 that can win it.
Armchair expert wrote:Such a great club are Geelong
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2149 times
Been liked: 4089 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby Gozu » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:42 pm

Crows won it from 5th on the ladder in '98.

Just sayin ;)
"The factory of the future will have only two employees, a man and a dog. The man will be there to feed the dog. The dog will be there to keep the man from touching the equipment" – Warren Bennis
Gozu
Coach

Has liked: 0 time
Been liked: 663 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL