Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby valleys07 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:03 am

amber_fluid wrote:
valleys07 wrote:On occasions, his brain is too quick for his body and he can fluff the disposal. Probably unaware of how much space he creates himself.

I know Robbie Gray was very keen for Geoff Parker to draft him. He is the closest thing to Gray we have had walk through the doors, probably since Gray himself got drafted.

Big call mate.
If he’s half as good as Robbie you’d have to be happy.

I meant player type, Amber.

I get the feeling that in addition to Butters, we are going to make a big play for Rankine. We have a very vanilla list at the moment and are crying out for players with some x-factor.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

HOGG Shield 2015 Division I Premiers.
HOGG Shield 2017 Premier League Premiers.
valleys07
Coach

Has liked: 769 times
Been liked: 1173 times
Grassroots Team: Hope Valley

Postby heater31 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:24 am

valleys07 wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:
valleys07 wrote:On occasions, his brain is too quick for his body and he can fluff the disposal. Probably unaware of how much space he creates himself.

I know Robbie Gray was very keen for Geoff Parker to draft him. He is the closest thing to Gray we have had walk through the doors, probably since Gray himself got drafted.

Big call mate.
If he’s half as good as Robbie you’d have to be happy.

I meant player type, Amber.

I get the feeling that in addition to Butters, we are going to make a big play for Rankine. We have a very vanilla list at the moment and are crying out for players with some x-factor.
No need for a feeling.....your list management team are on record already expressing confidence that they can attract both GC draftees when their contracts are up!
heater31

Has liked: 526 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Postby valleys07 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:34 am

We will put all our eggs in the Rankine basket I reckon.
“Think of me like Yoda, but instead of being little and green I wear suits and I'm awesome. I'm your bro—I'm Broda!”

valleys07
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:35 am

valleys07 wrote: we are going to make a big play for Rankine. We have a very vanilla list at the moment

Got to this part thought shit that’s bit rough :lol: b
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4125 times

Postby valleys07 » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:22 pm

The Bedge wrote:
valleys07 wrote: we are going to make a big play for Rankine. We have a very vanilla list at the moment

Got to this part thought shit that’s bit rough :lol: b

:lol:

valleys07
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:44 pm

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley described the decisions to move on Chad Wingard, Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard as the bravest in his time in football.

Wingard, Polec and Pittard were let go at the end of last season in a bid to regenerate their list by securing top-end talent via the draft.

The Power received picks five, 10 and 15 after trading the trio.

Hinkley believes the club were beginning to tread water and the list shake-up was required in order take them to the next level.

Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley described the decisions to move on Chad Wingard, Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard as the bravest in his time in football.

Wingard, Polec and Pittard were let go at the end of last season in a bid to regenerate their list by securing top-end talent via the draft.

Hinkley believes the club were beginning to tread water and the list shake-up was required in order take them to the next level.

“It’s been pretty obvious that we’ve made some tough decisions. We’ve made some really strong calls on what we believe is an ability to take our group forward,” Hinkley told SEN’s Whateley.

“Some of those players that left our club have been great players and been good people that I get on really well with – Chad (Wingard) and Jared (Polec) are probably the main ones.

“We got to a point that as a football club… do you want to finish between sixth and twelfth?

“Or do you want to reach for the stars and do some different stuff and be prepared to go outside what looks safe – I think it’s the bravest I’ve been in my football time to be honest.”

Port selected Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Xavier Duursma inside the top 20 in last year’s draft as well as acquiring Ryan Burton and Scott Lycett via he trade period.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7634 times
Been liked: 11101 times

Postby beef » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:22 pm

Booney wrote:Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley described the decisions to move on Chad Wingard, Jared Polec and Jasper Pittard as the bravest in his time in football.

“It’s been pretty obvious that we’ve made some tough decisions. We’ve made some really strong calls on what we believe is an ability to take our group forward,” Hinkley told SEN’s Whateley.

“Some of those players that left our club have been great players and been good people that I get on really well with – Chad (Wingard) and Jared (Polec) are probably the main ones.

“We got to a point that as a football club… do you want to finish between sixth and twelfth?

“Or do you want to reach for the stars and do some different stuff and be prepared to go outside what looks safe – I think it’s the bravest I’ve been in my football time to be honest.”

Port selected Connor Rozee, Zak Butters and Xavier Duursma inside the top 20 in last year’s draft as well as acquiring Ryan Burton and Scott Lycett via he trade period.

Obviously didnt get on well with Pittard. Butters looks good, im probably the only one in SA not sold on Rozee.
beef
League - Best 21

Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 257 times

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:33 pm

You’re not the only one
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4301 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby carey » Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:52 pm

Brodlach wrote:You’re not the only one

Yeah, he is defiantly no Dean Gore :roll:
you've gota keep on keep'n on .........
carey
Coach

Has liked: 2804 times
Been liked: 2994 times
Grassroots Team: Paralowie

Postby Brodlach » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:12 pm

carey wrote:
Brodlach wrote:You’re not the only one

Yeah, he is defiantly no Dean Gore :roll:

No two different people. I’m not overly convinced on Jack Lukosis either but I’m sure I won’t get a smart ass comment on him ;)

I watch and go to the SANFL in both league and underage so have seen a bit of both
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4301 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby The Bedge » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:19 am

Saw something that said Dixon has only just resumed running from his broken leg, and return date is still unconfirmed..

Serious question, is he still in Ports best side when he returns?

With Lycett, Ryder, Westhoff, Marshall it's hard to see where he'd fit.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4125 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:49 am

The Bedge wrote:Saw something that said Dixon has only just resumed running from his broken leg, and return date is still unconfirmed..

Yes. Play him as a stay at home full forward, our game plan stuffs him up.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8069 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:17 am

Lightning McQueen wrote:
The Bedge wrote:Saw something that said Dixon has only just resumed running from his broken leg, and return date is still unconfirmed..

Yes. Play him as a stay at home full forward, our game plan stuffs him up.

It was early August when Dixon suffered the badly broken ankle, we're around 7 months on from then and he's been running on the ALT-G treadmill for about 6 weeks I believe. He's probably 3-4 from resuming full training and you'd think another 3-4 from playing, potentially 8 weeks from now he'd be up for AFL selection and yes, he's most certainly in our best 22. Around round 6 he'll be back I'd say.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:23 pm

If anyone has ever broken a leg or ankle they’ll know it takes at least 12 months if not more to be back to normal.
Dixon will struggle to make any impact this year.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
amber_fluid
Coach

Has liked: 2261 times
Been liked: 2598 times

Postby Booney » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:37 pm

He's been treated very cautiously since he's got back on his feet. He's a big unit ( although about 10kg down on last year ) so there's no point pushing him if he's not ready.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:40 pm

Booney wrote:He's been treated very cautiously since he's got back on his feet. He's a big unit ( although about 10kg down on last year ) so there's no point pushing him if he's not ready.

Running is one thing but once he starts jumping and crashing packs at full speed he’ll be tested.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby LMA » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:54 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
Booney wrote:He's been treated very cautiously since he's got back on his feet. He's a big unit ( although about 10kg down on last year ) so there's no point pushing him if he's not ready.

Running is one thing but once he starts jumping and crashing packs at full speed he’ll be tested.

Hit the bloke on the tit and he won't need to crash packs. I firmly believe that rainmaker of a kick contributed to Dixon breaking his leg last year
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby amber_fluid » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:57 pm

LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

Hit the bloke on the tit and he won't need to crash packs. I firmly believe that rainmaker of a kick contributed to Dixon breaking his leg last year

You’ve lost the only bloke who could hit someone on the tit to North.
amber_fluid
Coach

Postby Armchair expert » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:57 pm

LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

He runs under the ball 80% of the time though, he does it more than anyone I have ever seen.
I will be back on September 27
Armchair expert
Coach

Has liked: 396 times
Been liked: 1539 times
Grassroots Team: Ports

Postby LMA » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:01 pm

amber_fluid wrote:
LMA wrote:
amber_fluid wrote:

You’ve lost the only bloke who could hit someone on the tit to North.

Totally agree, big loss
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL