2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Talk on the national game

Re: 2016 Silly Season, Trades and Rumours and utter BS

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:12 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The same Crows fans that hate Dangerfield now love Gibbs, even though what he has done is much worse than Danger?

not sure how its much worse. seems pretty much the same to me

Apart from Danger seeing out his contract with Adelaide & Gibbs looking to break his contract with Carlton... that's all, no biggy.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5536 times
Been liked: 5166 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby Shake 'n Bake » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 am

Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:The same Crows fans that hate Dangerfield now love Gibbs, even though what he has done is much worse than Danger?

Apart from Danger seeing out his contract with Adelaide & Gibbs looking to break his contract with Carlton... that's all, no biggy.

Dangerfield also notified the club many weeks out with his intentions to leave
Shake 'n Bake

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:21 am

bennymacca - 0

Everyone else - 4
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7521 times
Been liked: 10826 times

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:22 am

Shake 'n Bake wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Dangerfield also notified the club many weeks out with his intentions to leave

He didn't try to break a 5 year deal with 3 left on it though, did he?
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Booney » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:23 am

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/t ... 7fc5f7545c

CARLTON midfielder Bryce Gibbs believes the battling Blues can win a premiership within the next five years after signing a new deal until the end of the 2019 season.

Gibbs, 25, yesterday relinquished his free agency rights, saying he never once considered leaving Visy Park. His five-year contract is believed to be worth just under $3 million.

Carlton is languishing in 12th position after losing to Greater Western Sydney last Sunday in what has been a frustrating 150th year.

But the 25-year-old has backed coach Mick Malthouse, the club’s personnel and its systems to turn their fortunes around.

Asked what he thinks the Blues can achieve by the end of his deal, Gibbs said: “Hopefully big things, that’s what we all play footy for — to win premierships.”

“I have no doubt over the next five years we will give ourselves every opportunity to do that.

“There are just some great people around the club ... and I know the players really wear their heart on their sleeve. I do believe this group can take the club where they want to go, and that’s what I want to be a part of.”

Gibbs said his desire was to remain a Blues player for life, saying he told his management that he had no interest in any offers from rival clubs, including Adelaide and Port Adelaide, and a possible return home to South Australia.

“It’s nice to finally have it (the contract) done ... it probably took a little bit more time than the club and myself would have liked,” he said.

“I said from day one that I wanted to deal with Carlton, and only Carlton, and that’s all that I have done.

“We sat down a number of times and discussed a deal, and through those discussions, both parties were really happy and on the same page.”

Gibbs said everyone at the club was frustrated with the team’s performances this season, but was confident the form could be turned around quickly.

“When you go out and give your all and you don’t quite get there, you can cop it,” he said. “(But) our effort at times hasn’t been up to the level it should be.

“We are aware of that and we need to fix that.

“You have seen how even the competition is, you only have to be off by five per cent and you can be in trouble. There is no doubt we can turn it around.

“We have played some good footy against top four sides this year. It is about being more consistent, which is what we are looking to improve on.”
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 am

Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

still well within his rights to request a trade.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:26 am

mighty hounds wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:What a ridiculous comment ^

Mine?

No, daysofourlives.
gadj1976
Coach

Has liked: 796 times
Been liked: 850 times

Postby Dutchy » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:28 am

bennymacca wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

Ethically and morally wrong.

I hope Cartlon tell him to suck it up and stay.

Its going to take Pick 13 plus a McGovern/Crouch to get this one done.
Dutchy
Site Admin

Has liked: 2334 times
Been liked: 3580 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:29 am

Booney wrote:http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/carlton/resigned-carlton-star-bryce-gibbs-believes-blues-can-win-flag-within-next-five-years/news-story/40bf60431d83c7433a0efe7fc5f7545c

CARLTON midfielder Bryce Gibbs believes the battling Blues can win a premiership within the next five years after signing a new deal until the end of the 2019 season.

Gibbs, 25, yesterday relinquished his free agency rights, saying he never once considered leaving Visy Park. His five-year contract is believed to be worth just under $3 million.

Carlton is languishing in 12th position after losing to Greater Western Sydney last Sunday in what has been a frustrating 150th year.

But the 25-year-old has backed coach Mick Malthouse, the club’s personnel and its systems to turn their fortunes around.

Asked what he thinks the Blues can achieve by the end of his deal, Gibbs said: “Hopefully big things, that’s what we all play footy for — to win premierships.”

“I have no doubt over the next five years we will give ourselves every opportunity to do that.

“There are just some great people around the club ... and I know the players really wear their heart on their sleeve. I do believe this group can take the club where they want to go, and that’s what I want to be a part of.”

Gibbs said his desire was to remain a Blues player for life, saying he told his management that he had no interest in any offers from rival clubs, including Adelaide and Port Adelaide, and a possible return home to South Australia.

“It’s nice to finally have it (the contract) done ... it probably took a little bit more time than the club and myself would have liked,” he said.

“I said from day one that I wanted to deal with Carlton, and only Carlton, and that’s all that I have done.

“We sat down a number of times and discussed a deal, and through those discussions, both parties were really happy and on the same page.”

Gibbs said everyone at the club was frustrated with the team’s performances this season, but was confident the form could be turned around quickly.

“When you go out and give your all and you don’t quite get there, you can cop it,” he said. “(But) our effort at times hasn’t been up to the level it should be.

“We are aware of that and we need to fix that.

“You have seen how even the competition is, you only have to be off by five per cent and you can be in trouble. There is no doubt we can turn it around.

“We have played some good footy against top four sides this year. It is about being more consistent, which is what we are looking to improve on.”

Speaks volumes on what 'personal issues' means to people. You can do a 180 degree turn in days let alone years.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Shake 'n Bake » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:31 am

Booney wrote:
He didn't try to break a 5 year deal with 3 left on it though, did he?

yeah that's what I am saying, Dangerfield did the right thing and gave the club every opportunity to explore their options, Gibbs has sprung a surprise on the Blues. More than happy to have Gibbs at the crows next year but I don't understand all the Dangerfield hate from many crows fans.
Shake 'n Bake

Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 3 times

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:32 am

bennymacca wrote:
Spargo wrote:
bennymacca wrote:

He is but it doesn't reflect well on him.
Dangerfield saw his contract out and left with some dignity
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3565 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby bennymacca » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:33 am

Dutchy wrote:

if my mrs said lets move home to be close to family and you will still be able to get a job on basically the same coin, i would be gone in a flash. If you say you wouldnt then you are lying. Who knows what factors go into this.

Also why i dont blame dangerfield for going home

I do agree that requesting a trade whilst being contracted is worse than dangerfield though, but it is also just a fact of life these days

Jim05 wrote:He is but it doesn't reflect well on him.

yeah i do see your guys point on that part. fair enough. I was thinking about the go home factor. We dont know what his personal issues are that has made him come home.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby JK » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 am

gadj1976 wrote:Speaks volumes on what 'personal issues' means to people. You can do a 180 degree turn in days let alone years.

Power of the pussy can be a strong force mate .. My understanding is that he legitimately doesnt want to leave, but the other half seriously wants back home.
FUSC
JK
Coach

Has liked: 4465 times
Been liked: 2992 times
Grassroots Team: SMOSH West Lakes

Postby Jim05 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 am

bennymacca wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

if my mrs said lets move home to be close to family and you will still be able to get a job on basically the same coin, i would be gone in a flash. If you say you wouldnt then you are lying. Who knows what factors go into this.

Also why i dont blame dangerfield for going home

I do agree that requesting a trade whilst being contracted is worse than dangerfield though, but it is also just a fact of life these days

Jim05 wrote:He is but it doesn't reflect well on him.

yeah i do see your guys point on that part. fair enough. I was thinking about the go home factor. We dont know what his personal issues are that has made him come home.

I understand people have issues so don't sign long term contracts. No one held a gun to his head and said sign for 5 years. Should of signed a 2 year deal if there was any thoughts of going home
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3565 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Wedgie » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:39 am

I can tell you for a fact if my missus told me to move to England to be closer with her family I'd tell her to get ******! :lol:
Not Raynor's going to happen, she hates England!
Wedgie
Site Admin

Has liked: 2062 times
Been liked: 3919 times
Grassroots Team: Noarlunga

Postby heater31 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:39 am

In Gibbsy's defence his missus is also from Adelaide and at the time of his last contract signing they didn't have a child. They do now, things change. If it doesn't happen this season try something to help out their situation and if it still doesn't work then look for a trade next year.
heater31

Has liked: 525 times
Been liked: 1265 times

Postby Lightning McQueen » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:41 am

Circumstances change, why wouldn't you do a 5 year deal for security knowing that contracts are hardly worth the paper they are written on nowadays from a player's perspective.

All the best to him, I hope the two clubs can strike a deal where all parties are satisfied of the outcome, it wasn't long ago that his football was suffering but he seemed to have rejuvenated his career last season.
HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4348 times
Been liked: 7942 times

Postby MW » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:46 am

I wouldn't even do a direct swap Gibbs for Crouch let alone pick 13 also.
McGovern and Crouch going nowhere.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby gadj1976 » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:47 am

JK wrote:
gadj1976 wrote:Speaks volumes on what 'personal issues' means to people. You can do a 180 degree turn in days let alone years.

Power of the pussy can be a strong force mate .. My understanding is that he legitimately doesnt want to leave, but the other half seriously wants back home.

Exactly my point. I'm disappointed but I get it. Do the deal move on....as everyone else should too. Its not going to change things so let it slide for heavens sake.

I'm assuming from what he's saying his missus may be the force behind the move. If they've had a child and she/they are not coping then there is only one way this can play out.
gadj1976
Coach

Postby Spargo » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:56 am

MW wrote:I wouldn't even do a direct swap Gibbs for Crouch let alone pick 13 also.
McGovern and Crouch going nowhere.

You hope.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5536 times
Been liked: 5166 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL