2016 NAB..

Talk on the national game

Re: 2016 NAB..

Postby marbles » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:54 am

Booney wrote:Been there a few times. It is a pretty good venue, had an interesting chat with John Elliott on the way out of there one day. :lol: Not sure who'd downed more, me on the lager or him on the red. Was a good tussle. ;)

Would I go to watch Carlton V Essendon '16 style? Not if you paid me.

Good one about the internal trail mate, cut deep. :lol:

ports only win so far from 3 games :)
marbles
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 277 times
Been liked: 259 times

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:58 am

Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Has been and always will be a shithole. Yes the atmosphere is good but there is bugger all parking, transport there is crap and the facilities are third world standard. Had a few mates that went yesterday and couldn't get out of the dump fast enough. Yes on a dry, warmish day you might get that bit of nostalgia but come back to me in the middle of winter and tell me how good it is. Don't ever see the day when games for points will be played there again

Great place with plenty of history but I'm biased. Should be upgraded as the third Melbourne oval for smaller crowd games. Great atmosphere but would've been better yesterday if the blues played more of the senior players for a more competitive result. One good thing out of the game is that Weitering will be a star

Definately has a great history and fantastic atmosphere but times have changed and fans have become a little "soft". People don't want to sit in crappy wooden seats covered in pigeon poo whilst getting pelted by rain or line up for 2 hours at a tin shed to get a pie or beer. Heaven forbid you need to visit the toilet, make sure you have had your shots and wear gumboots to wade through the shit and piss!
I still love the suburban grounds but the majority don't and that's what matters.
Weitering very good, would be locking him away on a long term deal ASAP
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3571 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:13 pm

Turbo wrote:
Jim05 wrote:Has been and always will be a shithole. Yes the atmosphere is good but there is bugger all parking, transport there is crap and the facilities are third world standard. Had a few mates that went yesterday and couldn't get out of the dump fast enough. Yes on a dry, warmish day you might get that bit of nostalgia but come back to me in the middle of winter and tell me how good it is. Don't ever see the day when games for points will be played there again

Great place with plenty of history but I'm biased. Should be upgraded as the third Melbourne oval for smaller crowd games. Great atmosphere but would've been better yesterday if the blues played more of the senior players for a more competitive result. One good thing out of the game is that Weitering will be a star

Just a matter of finding out who he is going to play for. :lol:
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7538 times
Been liked: 10857 times

2016 NAB..

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:14 pm

Booney wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Is he Port's missing piece?[emoji1]
Jim05
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Jim05 wrote:
Booney wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Is he Port's missing piece?[emoji1]

Best ask the media mate, they make those calls. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Turbo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Booney wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Yeah good one
Turbo
League - Top 5

Has liked: 44 times
Been liked: 38 times
Grassroots Team: Cove

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:26 pm

So, you worked out the number 1 draft pick will be a star? dont go too far out on a limb there :D
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:30 pm

bennymacca wrote:So, you worked out the number 1 draft pick will be a star? dont go too far out on a limb there :D

Watts and Scully say hi
Jim05
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:37 pm

so do Hodge Goddard and Riewoldt

I guess Carlton do have form in picking shit number 1 draft picks though - or maybe it is carlton that just turns them shit
bennymacca
Coach

Postby Turbo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:50 pm

bennymacca wrote:So, you worked out the number 1 draft pick will be a star? dont go too far out on a limb there :D

Plenty who haven't
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Turbo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:52 pm

bennymacca wrote:so do Hodge Goddard and Riewoldt

I guess Carlton do have form in picking shit number 1 draft picks though - or maybe it is carlton that just turns them shit

Really?
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:54 pm

Turbo wrote:

Really?

At this point he's winning the argument. ;)
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby Turbo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:00 pm

Booney wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Really?

Ok
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby marbles » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Booney wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Really?

More like a senile 65 year old fuddy duddy coach named michael malthouse turns footballers to the shit lands of minimal achievement

But he got to put his big boof head on tv for an extra 3 years to feed his ego so at least he got something out of it

The players meanwhile are now lame ass neglected hacks and the others who managed to escape are all superstars at other clubs
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby bennymacca » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:46 pm

Keruzer Murphy and Gibbs all before malthouse era. The only thing you can blame him for is dale thomas imo, the rest of the players wouldnt have done much better under another coach

Carlton have 10 top 10 picks on their list. TEN!!
bennymacca
Coach

Postby marbles » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:16 pm

Murphy 2011 all australian, now regarded as a hack

Gibbs 2014 best & fairest

Kruezer - knee injuries

All was fine with brett ratten progress was occurring just not fast enough for club yuppies

Malthouse comes in for his own legacy and not carltons and now we are a dismal joke with a bag load of players playing elsewhere
marbles
Assistant Coach

Postby Turbo » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:23 pm

marbles wrote:Murphy 2011 all australian, now regarded as a hack

Gibbs 2014 best & fairest

Kruezer - knee injuries

All was fine with brett ratten progress was occurring just not fast enough for club yuppies

Malthouse comes in for his own legacy and not carltons and now we are a dismal joke with a bag load of players playing elsewhere

Murphy also players association MVP
Turbo
League - Top 5

Postby MW » Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:24 pm

There is a reason Melbourne and Carlton top 10 draft picks are shit...because these pathetic clubs bring these elite kids down to their level
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2650 times
Been liked: 1879 times

Postby Booney » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:23 pm

MW wrote:There is a reason Melbourne and Carlton top 10 draft picks are shit...because these pathetic clubs bring these elite kids down to their level

I reakon it would be easier to be home sick and lose confidence as a 19 year old when you're playing in a shit side winning 3 games a year.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Postby PatowalongaPirate » Mon Feb 29, 2016 6:06 pm

MW wrote:There is a reason Melbourne and Carlton top 10 draft picks are shit...because these pathetic clubs bring these elite kids down to their level

I think it's more of a case of picking the wrong players. How the 2 Jack's were taken by Melbourne with pick 1 and 2 is the prime example.
safooty Melbourne Cup Day Tipping Champion 2018 & 2019 #Back2Back
2018 safooty NFL Tipping Champion
PatowalongaPirate
2022 SA Footy Punter of the Year

Has liked: 452 times
Been liked: 1229 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL