Port Adelaide 2019

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2019

Postby DOC » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:17 am

For the past 10 years I’ve been heavily invested in the Port Adelaide community programs, including our indigenous communities program, and the Power to End Violence Against Women, which play an important role in changing the lives of those facing adversity and give us as a club the ability to effect positive change,” Wanganeen said in his nomination statement.

“Since retiring from footy in 2006, I’ve worked in government, business, been elected onto the interim board of the first ever Indigenous Players Alliance, and have established myself as a Contemporary Indigenous Artist.

“I now sit as a passionate supporter of the PAFC alongside members, supporters and a fanbase who drive and demand high expectations, consistency and success from our playing group. It would be my privilege to support the board in achieving the standards that will allow us to thrive on the big stage.”
DOC
Coach

Has liked: 743 times
Been liked: 2116 times

Postby MW » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:48 am

Boys club 8)
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2637 times
Been liked: 1865 times

Postby Booney » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:07 pm

MW wrote:Boys club 8)

Members vote.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7521 times
Been liked: 10826 times

Postby MW » Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:09 pm

Booney wrote:
MW wrote:Boys club 8)

Members vote.

I know mate hence the 8)
MW
Coach

Postby DOC » Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:50 pm

Port Adelaide has secured a five-year major sponsorship with Sanjeev Gupta — the multi-billionaire credited with saving Whyalla.

The British-based billionaire, who heads up the Gupta Family Group, turned the announcement into a community event with fans, players officials, board members, Premier Steven Marshall, other stakeholders involved in celebrations at Alberton on Saturday.

Gupta wouldn’t be drawn on how much he had agreed to tip into the club, but the deal is believed to worth millions of dollars considering he has now equal billing with Oak as a major sponsor of the club.

The GFG Alliance logo will grace Port’s jumpers this year.

Gupta, whose company bought out the struggling Whyalla steel works, stressed it was a personal investment rather than a corporate sponsorship — therefore it was his personal business how much cash he will invest in the club.

“I’m excited by this partnership with Port Adelaide — our first with a sporting team,” he said. “We look forward to sharing the richness of Aussie rules far and wide.

“The club’s ethos resonates with values that are important to me, of family sustainability and change.

“This relationship will see Port Adelaide develop skills and programs for young people especially in regional areas like Whyalla, where we have made a commitment to develop sustainable industry and strong communities for generations to come.”

The sponsorship comes days after federal Small Business Ombudsman Kate Carnell savaged Mr Gupta’s GFG Alliance for using Whyalla small businesses “as their personal banks” by making late payments to suppliers.

Port Adelaide's Gupta sponsorship celebration blown away
Mr Gupta wrote to suppliers promising to speed up payments following Ms Carnell’s lashing.

He declined to tell reporters on Saturday how much GFG owed businesses or when they would be paid back but gave a “thousand per cent” guarantee they would be repaid

“Today’s not the day to talk about that. I’m here to celebrate my personal investment in the club,” he said.

Mr Gupta defended the Port sponsorship, saying the business was doing well and suppliers were all being paid.

“The wheel’s turning and everybody is being paid. It’s not an issue, he said.

“Nobody’s behind by weeks or months. What is behind is days and sometimes a few weeks and it is largely because of our systems issues, which we are addressing.”

“And we are investing more money.”

Under GFG Alliance’s current policy, which stipulates businesses should be paid back inside 62 days plus the period until the end of the calendar month, small businesses can wait more than 90 days for payment.

Ms Carnell this week condemned that arrangement as “not even nearly good enough” but said she’d also received a host of complaints from businesses who had waited more than 100 days for payment.

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch had been the main driver in getting Gupta to partner with the club after persistent approaches.

“The Gupta Family Group is an established global alliance who through Sanjeev Gupta has invested significantly in Australian in recent times,” Koch said.

“Port Adelaide could not be prouder of this partnership.

“With GFG joining us as a joint major partner we have taken another significant step in our strategic drive to broaden Port Adelaide’s brand globally while at the same time doubling down in our heartland.

“This will be achieved with GFG through a number of joint initiatives across the Eyre Peninsula starting with our AFL community camp next week in Whyalla.”
DOC
Coach

Postby RustyCage » Sat Feb 09, 2019 6:38 pm

I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Tiger83 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:11 pm

DOC wrote:Port Adelaide has secured a five-year major sponsorship with Sanjeev Gupta — the multi-billionaire credited with saving Whyalla.

The British-based billionaire, who heads up the Gupta Family Group, turned the announcement into a community event with fans, players officials, board members, Premier Steven Marshall, other stakeholders involved in celebrations at Alberton on Saturday.

Gupta wouldn’t be drawn on how much he had agreed to tip into the club, but the deal is believed to worth millions of dollars considering he has now equal billing with Oak as a major sponsor of the club.

Gupta, whose company bought out the struggling Whyalla steel works, stressed it was a personal investment rather than a corporate sponsorship — therefore it was his personal business how much cash he will invest in the club.

“I’m excited by this partnership with Port Adelaide — our first with a sporting team,” he said. “We look forward to sharing the richness of Aussie rules far and wide.

“The club’s ethos resonates with values that are important to me, of family sustainability and change.

“This relationship will see Port Adelaide develop skills and programs for young people especially in regional areas like Whyalla, where we have made a commitment to develop sustainable industry and strong communities for generations to come.”

The sponsorship comes days after federal Small Business Ombudsman Kate Carnell savaged Mr Gupta’s GFG Alliance for using Whyalla small businesses “as their personal banks” by making late payments to suppliers.

Mr Gupta wrote to suppliers promising to speed up payments following Ms Carnell’s lashing.

He declined to tell reporters on Saturday how much GFG owed businesses or when they would be paid back but gave a “thousand per cent” guarantee they would be repaid

“Today’s not the day to talk about that. I’m here to celebrate my personal investment in the club,” he said.

Mr Gupta defended the Port sponsorship, saying the business was doing well and suppliers were all being paid.

“Nobody’s behind by weeks or months. What is behind is days and sometimes a few weeks and it is largely because of our systems issues, which we are addressing.”

Under GFG Alliance’s current policy, which stipulates businesses should be paid back inside 62 days plus the period until the end of the calendar month, small businesses can wait more than 90 days for payment.

Ms Carnell this week condemned that arrangement as “not even nearly good enough” but said she’d also received a host of complaints from businesses who had waited more than 100 days for payment.

Port Adelaide chairman David Koch had been the main driver in getting Gupta to partner with the club after persistent approaches.

“The Gupta Family Group is an established global alliance who through Sanjeev Gupta has invested significantly in Australian in recent times,” Koch said.

“With GFG joining us as a joint major partner we have taken another significant step in our strategic drive to broaden Port Adelaide’s brand globally while at the same time doubling down in our heartland.

“This will be achieved with GFG through a number of joint initiatives across the Eyre Peninsula starting with our AFL community camp next week in Whyalla.”

So the bloke can’t be trusted to pay local small businesses who are refurbishing the plant up there, but he can invest millions into a football team??? Tread carefully I’d say
Tiger83
Under 18s

Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 20 times

Postby Jase » Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:14 pm

Hmmm a grey guernsey... been there done that, UGLY....

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1494 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby stan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Tiger83 wrote:
DOC wrote:Port Adelaide has secured a five-year major sponsorship with Sanjeev Gupta — the multi-billionaire credited with saving Whyalla.

So the bloke can’t be trusted to pay local small businesses who are refurbishing the plant up there, but he can invest millions into a football team??? Tread carefully I’d say
Gupta and his GFC Alliance company taking a long time to pat local business and then the crows major sponsor in Optus fined $10 mil by the ACCC.....

You are going well SA teams .....
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby DOC » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:40 pm

There is no company in Australia fined more often in Australia, mostly for underpaying very junior staff, selling contaminated food and failing to provide a safe workplace than

Hungry Jacks, Major sponsor of West Coast.
DOC
Coach

Postby LaughingKookaburra » Sat Feb 09, 2019 8:55 pm

Tall poppy syndrome in SA is alive and well. Big business are the worst in paying their bills on time everywhere.
Can you bring a man to his feet when defeat is on repeat?
LaughingKookaburra
Coach

Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 747 times
Grassroots Team: Kenilworth

Postby stan » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:04 pm

DOC wrote:There is no company in Australia fined more often in Australia, mostly for underpaying very junior staff, selling contaminated food and failing to provide a safe workplace than

FU man HJs is the shit hahaha.
stan
Coach

Postby DOC » Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:24 pm

stan wrote:
DOC wrote:There is no company in Australia fined more often in Australia, mostly for underpaying very junior staff, selling contaminated food and failing to provide a safe workplace than

FU man HJs is shit hahaha.

Can't argue with that.
DOC
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:44 am

DOC wrote:
stan wrote:

FU man HJs is shit hahaha.

Can't argue with that.
So you changed part of the quote hey, poor form from yourself but what can you expect from someone like you even if the change still makes the statement correct ;).
stan
Coach

Postby DOC » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:19 am

I'll concede. Anyone posting at 2.44 am deserves something.

Should I have I written EFA?
DOC
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:59 am

DOC wrote:I'll concede. Anyone posting at 2.44 am deserves something.

Should I have I written EFA?
**** was that at 2.44am ? Bloody hell what was I doing last night.
stan
Coach

Postby MW » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:49 am

Ch9 reporter Tom Angley getting the Elspeth Hussey treatment on Twitter by the unwashed...
MW
Coach

Postby Brodlach » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:03 pm

MW wrote:Ch9 reporter Tom Angley getting the Elspeth Hussey treatment on Twitter by the unwashed...

Ask questions when you can IMO, it’s not like Gupta is available to the media constantly
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm

Brodlach wrote:
MW wrote:Ch9 reporter Tom Angley getting the Elspeth Hussey treatment on Twitter by the unwashed...

Ask questions when you can IMO, it’s not like Gupta is available to the media constantly

Only cause he's a crows supporter lol
MW
Coach

Postby stan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:27 pm

MW wrote:
Brodlach wrote:

Only cause he's a crows supporter lol
Where is Elspeth these days?
stan
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL