Finals week 2

Talk on the national game

Re: Finals week 2

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:35 am

Booney wrote:Rumor mill in full flight about Naitanui being a chance to play his first game of the year for the Eagles this week. Reports he's been in full training for over a month and is in top nick.

They would be stark raving mad to play him. Absolutely mad.

Agree, massive risk to play just 1 game as they would be absolute cannon fodder against the Tigers. Leave him in cotton wool for a crack next year
Jim05
Coach

Has liked: 1127 times
Been liked: 3566 times
Grassroots Team: South Gawler

Postby Jase » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:40 am

Booney wrote:Rumor mill in full flight about Naitanui being a chance to play his first game of the year for the Eagles this week. Reports he's been in full training for over a month and is in top nick.

Obviously, he hasn't played for ever but why would they be mad to play him?

If his knee is going to go again, then it's going to go again... why not play him, there's every chance it will be fine...

If he's fit to play then play him... More chance of it going on the rock hard grounds in summer than generally softer grounds of early spring...

IMO of course...
Jase
League - Best 21

Has liked: 1497 times
Been liked: 563 times

Postby stan » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:11 am

I agree we are crazy to play him at the moment. Keep him in cotton wool and het him ready for a big preseason.

I feel Vardy and old man Petrie are battle hardened to have a crack at Mumford and Lobb.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1256 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby helicopterking » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:12 am

He would offer more the Lecras. Except WC are already way to tall. Were last week, will be this, and if WC win, Will be 5x that against Richmond.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 am

stan wrote:I agree we are crazy to play him at the moment. Keep him in cotton wool and het him ready for a big preseason.

I feel Vardy and old man Petrie are battle hardened to have a crack at Mumford and Lobb.

Mumfords season is over anyway isn't it?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:40 am

Jim05 wrote:

Agree, massive risk to play just 1 game as they would be absolute cannon fodder against the Tigers. Leave him in cotton wool for a crack next year

Stranger things have happened. Dogs last year is a good example.

Reckon Vardy and Petrie have been good though. They had the better of Ryder on the weekend so I wouldn't play him either
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:58 am

The Bedge wrote:
stan wrote:I agree we are crazy to play him at the moment. Keep him in cotton wool and het him ready for a big preseason.

Mumfords season is over anyway isn't it?

Yes
Jim05
Coach

Postby Jim05 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:59 am

bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

Reckon Vardy and Petrie have been good though. They had the better of Ryder on the weekend so I wouldn't play him either

Dogs were capable of winning anywhere.
West Coast get stage fright when travelling to Melbourne and their MCG record is apalling. Wouldn't get within 10 goals of the Tigers at the MCG
Jim05
Coach

Postby helicopterking » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

West Coast get stage fright when travelling to Melbourne and their MCG record is apalling. Wouldn't get within 10 goals of the Tigers at the MCG

WC don't run and carry the footy or move the ball quickly enough at the MCG,they get made to kick down the line, which gets spoiled and swept down the other end real fast. Predicatable,slow footy gets destroyed at the MCG.
helicopterking
Coach

Has liked: 298 times
Been liked: 670 times

Postby Brodlach » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:57 am

Interesting point on AFL 360, the way Priddis has played the last third of the year, after an ordinary first two thirds, would he change his mind about retirement?
July 11th 2012....
Brodlach wrote:Rory Laird might end up the best IMO, he is an absolute jet. He has been in great form at the Bloods
Brodlach
Coach

Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 4217 times
Grassroots Team: Colonel Light Gardens

Postby MW » Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:40 pm

Nope. See Scott Thompson in 2016...clearly went a year too long after averaging 24 touches in 2016.
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2638 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby LMA » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 pm

Jim05 wrote:
bennymacca wrote:
Jim05 wrote:

West Coast get stage fright when travelling to Melbourne and their MCG record is apalling. Wouldn't get within 10 goals of the Tigers at the MCG[/quote

Without knowing the specs. I wonder if would of been a good idea to replicate the dimensions of the MCG for the new WA stadium
LMA
Coach

Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 714 times
Grassroots Team: Port District

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:09 pm

LMA wrote:Without knowing the specs. I wonder if would of been a good idea to replicate the dimensions of the MCG for the new WA stadium

They pretty much have.

Internally, very much like the AO too.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7525 times
Been liked: 10831 times

Postby hollywood7477 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:11 pm

Ive seen all the footage of him and my god he looks like a beast. Let him loose. The lads walk taller when he is playing. Also gives Sammy Mitchell a chance to actually play a game with a Ruckman and see what it was like to rove to Naitanui.

#releasethebeast
hollywood7477
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby human_torpedo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:20 pm

hollywood7477 wrote:

Ive seen all the footage of him and my god he looks like a beast. Let him loose. The lads walk taller when he is playing. Also gives Sammy Mitchell a chance to actually play a game with a Ruckman and see what it was like to rove to Naitanui.

#releasethebeast

I agree. Play him. Its a semi final, worth the risk. A pointless risk would be round 23 when you cant play finals. No certainty they feature in finals next season, so take the chance while you can. GWS ruck stocks depleted, could be a key advantage and give Mitchell/Priddis first look
human_torpedo
League Bench Warmer

Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 371 times

Postby jakovasaurus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:46 pm

He's got to play again sometime.

Might as well be when it matters most.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

Postby MW » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:02 pm

jakovasaurus wrote:He's got to play again sometime.

Risk vs Reward.

Risk: Does his knee again in the pressure cooker of finals footy and misses all of 2018.
Reward: On the ever so slight chance they win, do they even give Richmond a challenge even with NicNat?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2638 times
Been liked: 1868 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:08 pm

Risk outweighs Reward.

What benefit to reaching the prelim?
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3196 times
Been liked: 4041 times

Postby mighty_tiger_79 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Play him and watch them flog the Tigers. You people need to remember Richmond lose most matches they are supposed to win.
He would have a field day v GWS
Matty Wade is a star and deserves more respect from the forum family!
mighty_tiger_79
Coach

Has liked: 11934 times
Been liked: 3638 times

Postby jakovasaurus » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:04 pm

MW wrote:
jakovasaurus wrote:He's got to play again sometime.

Risk vs Reward.

Risk: Does his knee again in the pressure cooker of finals footy and misses all of 2018.
Reward: On the ever so slight chance they win, do they even give Richmond a challenge even with NicNat?

If he was 8 months post surgery and they were rushing him back I'd agree.

But he's over 12 months into his recovery and been training for a fair while now.

Knee is just as likely to go again in round one or pre season as it is this weekend.

If Nic is keen to play and doctors give the go ahead, I'd be rolling with him.
jakovasaurus
Under 18s

Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 130 times

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL