Collingwood 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Collingwood 2014

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:48 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:It quite funny how people think they can just come up and sledge you, when you've never met them - all because they've heard you're a Pies supporter.

Pretty much got the result I expected yesterday.
Our inexperienced and struggling side was never going to pinch that.
Elliot needs to start asserting himself on the game more, White needs to mark more often.
Pendlebury, Beams and Sidebottom had good games, without being dominant.
Cloke was fantastic.
Decision-making and movement from defence was hit and miss for much of the game.
Now the Crows are premiership favourites.

The Pies did pretty well yesterday I thought. That was a severly understrength side. The Crows had Thompson out but apart from that they were in good nick. They overused the ball something shocking and did everything they could to throw the game away. Sanderson's brilliant move of subbing Wright when they were top heavy was a beauty. Lynch cost the Cows at least two goals in that last quarter he is a spud of epic proportions.

Play more kids. You'll get a better draft pick and the Crows will get smashed in week one of the finals. Not direct enough.

regards,

REB

I'm totally with you. Seriously, this is where I expected to be this year. I've said from the start that we'll be paddling. We're in a rebuild, but I think we'll do it better than some other clubs. We trade and draft well and will be back soon. Plenty of upside in the squad, just not for this year.
You're my only friend, and you don't even like me.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Has liked: 1425 times
Been liked: 1152 times
Grassroots Team: Elizabeth

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:51 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote: Really good post. Until the last comment.

:lol:

It's the only anti-Crows sentiment I'm going to express, but believe me, it's bubbling away under the surface.
Given the amount of stick I receive from Crows supporters, exhibiting the arrogance that they believe we display, I'm allowed that much.
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby Footy Smart » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:52 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:
Dogwatcher wrote:It quite funny how people think they can just come up and sledge you, when you've never met them - all because they've heard you're a Pies supporter.

Elliot needs to start asserting himself on the game more, White needs to mark more often.
Cloke was fantastic.
Decision-making and movement from defence was hit and miss for much of the game.

The Pies did pretty well yesterday I thought. That was a severly understrength side. The Crows had Thompson out but apart from that they were in good nick. They overused the ball something shocking and did everything they could to throw the game away. Sanderson's brilliant move of subbing Wright when they were top heavy was a beauty. Lynch cost the Cows at least two goals in that last quarter he is a spud of epic proportions.

Play more kids. You'll get a better draft pick and the Crows will get smashed in week one of the finals. Not direct enough.

regards,

REB

I'm totally with you. Seriously, this is where I expected to be this year. I've said from the start that we'll be paddling. We're in a rebuild, but I think we'll do it better than some other clubs. We trade and draft well and will be back soon. Plenty of upside in the squad, just not for this year.

I thought Broomhead showed a bit and Jamie Elliot will eventually be worth the price of admission just to watch. Keefe was good on Jenkins and for a big bloke he takes the game on alot.

I thought the Cloke Talia duel was great, old school one on one for the whole game.
Footy Smart
Coach

Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 118 times
Grassroots Team: Modbury

Postby Ron Burgundy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote: Really good post. Until the last comment.

:lol:

It's the only anti-Crows sentiment I'm going to express, but believe me, it's bubbling away under the surface.
Given the amount of stick I receive from Crows supporters, exhibiting the arrogance that they believe we display, I'm allowed that much.

I've never sensed the anti-Crows vibe :D
I'm looking forward to when it boils over!
The problem, being in SA, is that whether it is the Power or the Crows, it is always in your face.
Living out in the sticks we don't get as much media saturation as you City/Inner Country folk.
Ron Burgundy
League - Best 21

Has liked: 174 times
Been liked: 137 times

Postby westcoastpanther » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:02 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

Cloke was fantastic.

regards,

REB

You reckon Port will smash us in the first week....I don't.

If we get there of course
Hi, My name is Ron 'Bluey' Dunn. Did you know I played in the 61 & 62 Tasman Premiership sides....
westcoastpanther
Coach

Has liked: 66 times
Been liked: 150 times
Grassroots Team: Boston

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:04 pm

Yeah I do WCP. But you could end up playing us instead. If that happens all bets are off because we are rubbish.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby Dogwatcher » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:Yeah I do WCP. But you could end up playing us instead. If that happens all bets are off because we are rubbish.

regards,

REB

Love your honesty.
I work with a Cats man, and we reckon they're very, very lucky to be as high up the ladder as they are (but that's a discussion for another thread).
Dogwatcher
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:54 pm

Simply not good enough...didn't have enough players willing to take the game on...except for Harry, who played great I thought.

Kyle Martin not up to AFL standard at this point and Bucks should have subbed him early in the third quarter. Coughed it up too many times for my liking.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Has liked: 505 times
Been liked: 432 times

Postby Jimmy_041 » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:47 pm

Still ****ing hate this full court press $hit
Then in the 3rd quarter we started kicking to.......................... Oh my God FORWARDS!!! and started kicking scores

Buckley is beginning to lose me.....
Jimmy_041
Coach

Has liked: 726 times
Been liked: 1080 times
Grassroots Team: Prince Alfred OC

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:40 pm

Jimmy_041 wrote:Still ****ing hate this full court press $hit
Then in the 3rd quarter we started kicking to.......................... Oh my God FORWARDS!!! and started kicking scores

Agreed Jim.
Cloke taking grabs on the wing isn't a whole lot of good for us....especially if he doesn't have a tall to go to down the line as happened yesterday.

Still don't know why he didn't activate the sub mid third quarter as Martin clearly wasn't up to the task.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Sorry Dude » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:42 pm

tigerpie wrote:
Jimmy_041 wrote:Still ****ing hate this full court press $hit

Agreed Jim.
Cloke taking grabs on the wing isn't a whole lot of good for us....especially if he doesn't have a tall to go to down the line as happened yesterday.

Still don't know why he didn't activate the sub mid third quarter as Martin clearly wasn't up to the task.

Especially when you have a skilled player like Ben Kennedy as sub.
Sorry Dude
League - Top 5

Has liked: 156 times
Been liked: 73 times

Postby Q. » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:50 pm

Martin has been on fire in the VFL. If we can't make finals I'd like to see him, Kennedy, Broomhead get a lot more game time from now on. Maybe even Freeman and Scharenberg get a run.
Q.
Coach

Has liked: 970 times
Been liked: 2396 times
Grassroots Team: Houghton Districts

Postby tigerpie » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:09 pm

Q. wrote:Martin has been on fire in the VFL. If we can't make finals I'd like to see him, Kennedy, Broomhead get a lot more game time from now on. Maybe even Freeman and Scharenberg get a run.

Ive seen a bit of Martin and yes he has been playing well at VFL level. Just didn't seem to be switched on. Made a howler early and things went down hill from there.

Kennedy needs more game time, and Broomhead did some very nice things without being a stand out. For a reasonably thin lad, isn't pushed off the ball very easily.
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:10 pm

Dogwatcher wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:Yeah I do WCP. But you could end up playing us instead. If that happens all bets are off because we are rubbish.

regards,

REB

Love your honesty.
I work with a Cats man, and we reckon they're very, very lucky to be as high up the ladder as they are (but that's a discussion for another thread).

Dunno about Lucky, more like a proud footy team that won't lay down and die. However, good sides at the top of their game can blow us away. I reckon we've only played one good match this season and that was against the Hawks (surprise surprise).

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:26 pm

What an awful weekend. Macaffer and Scharenberg both ruptured their ACLs :(
Q.
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:47 pm

Q. wrote:What an awful weekend. Macaffer and Scharenberg both ruptured their ACLs :(

That sucks
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby Rik E Boy » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:57 pm

Q. wrote:What an awful weekend. Macaffer and Scharenberg both ruptured their ACLs :(

You blokes can't take a trick. Going so bad people are actually starting to feel sorry for Collingwood!

Regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby Q. » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:02 am

Apparently the boys were in tears in the rooms after they heard the Caff news.

Won't get a game out of our top two draft picks this year.

On the plus side, Broomhead is a gun, been great to get a few games into him in the back half of this year.
Q.
Coach

Postby tigerpie » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:20 pm

Its been an awful 2 weeks for us. Shit news for Scharenberg and Caff.

Oh and then its Hawthorn or mothballs this week..yay!
tigerpie
Assistant Coach

Postby stan » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:36 am

Q. wrote:Apparently the boys were in tears in the rooms after they heard the Caff news.

Won't get a game out of our top two draft picks this year.

On the plus side, Broomhead is a gun, been great to get a few games into him in the back half of this year.

Broomhead is a good get. Get as much time as you can into him.

Bad news about Caff and Schernberg (spelling?) just seems to be having all sorts of bad luck.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL