Port Adelaide 2017

Talk on the national game

Re: Port Adelaide 2017

Postby MW » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:44 am

morell wrote:
MW wrote:An AFL reserves side. Filled with AFL players.
I like to hang shit on the SANFL die hards myself, but c'mon. Port and Crows should be playing off in the GF every year.
And?

that's kind of my point.

Port are playing in the AFL. We've moved on to such a degree that our second team is now playing in Grand Finals in the $ANFL against out former rivals.

It's sad of any supporter of that pathetic competition to be trying to be critical of AFL clubs. It would be like me having pot shots at the way Goodwood Saints are being run as a Mitchell Park member.

You do understand that that second team is not made up of part time footballers on $20k a year to play football right?
MW
Coach

Has liked: 2694 times
Been liked: 1907 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:44 am

morell wrote:It's sad of any supporter of that pathetic competition to be trying to be critical of AFL clubs.

I think it's sad that you show such a lack of respect and appreciation for a competition that has been the pinnacle of South Australian football for 140 years.

A competition that's produced so many memories and champions.

A pathetic competition would be Division 7 SAAFL - not the SANFL.
Dolphin Treasure wrote:Your an attention seeking embarsement..
The Bedge
Coach

Has liked: 3216 times
Been liked: 4124 times

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:45 am

Spargo wrote:
morell wrote:Your football club plays in a dying tinpot league against brickies and plumbers in front of drunk, sad, bitter, old men.

I love how you know what the SANFL crowd demographic is, yet you never go to a game.
You're fooling some on here, but not all.
This line of argument always cracks me up. It reminds me of an old man not wanting to use an ATM because he doesn't trust it!

If you think you cant tell what the demographics are of a segment of the community without actually being there to literally look at them... then to be honest and this is harsh - you're fundamentally ignorant.

For example, I can tell you the average Sturt supporter age is 54. Do you think I went to every Sturt game and asked every Sturt supporter what their age was?
morell
Coach

Has liked: 2017 times
Been liked: 1143 times
Grassroots Team: Mitchell Park

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:46 am

morell wrote:
Spargo wrote:
morell wrote:Your football club plays in a dying tinpot league against brickies and plumbers in front of drunk, sad, bitter, old men.

I love how you know what the SANFL crowd demographic is, yet you never go to a game.
This line of argument always cracks me up. It reminds me of an old man not wanting to use an ATM because he doesn't trust it!

If you think you cant tell what the demographics are of a segment of the community without actually being there to literally look at them... then to be honest and this is harsh - you're fundamentally ignorant.

For example, I can tell you the average Sturt supporter age is 54. Do you think I went to every Sturt game and asked every Sturt supporter what their age was?

Yes, and entered into a xls sheet while you had GoT on in the background.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11094 times

Postby MW » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:46 am

morell's on tilt mode this morning
MW
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:47 am

The Bedge wrote:
morell wrote:It's sad of any supporter of that pathetic competition to be trying to be critical of AFL clubs.

I think it's sad that you show such a lack of respect and appreciation for a competition that has been the pinnacle of South Australian football for 140 years.

A competition that's produced so many memories and champions.

A pathetic competition would be Division 7 SAAFL - not the SANFL.

Nah **** em, they've tried to knife Port at every opportunity. They can get ******. If it was up to them I can categorically tell you Port Adelaide would not exist as we know it. Guaranteed.

And I meant pathetic with their attitude and thinking as much as the standard. But that's pretty poor these days too if Port Adelaide's Reserves can make the Grand Final, How sad. How very sad.
morell
Coach

Postby Booney » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:49 am

PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7625 times
Been liked: 11094 times

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:50 am

morell wrote:
Spargo wrote:I love how you know what the SANFL crowd demographic is, yet you never go to a game.

I used to go to SANFL games almost every week as a kid. I can recall Round 1 blockbusters at footy park with Port/Glenelg, I can recall sitting on my uncles shoulders at the Parade to try and gain a glimpse of the game it was so crowded.

I aspired to play SANFL - they were the heroes of the day.. even if AFL was around at that time.

I remember local footy clubs used to sell SANFL Guernseys and merchandise.

SANFL was a big deal, not just for drunk, sad, bitter old men.

They were good days.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby Spargo » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 am

morell wrote:
Spargo wrote:

You remind me of a modern day Beenreal/kickinit.
2017 safooty NFL tipping champ
2024 champ, Spargo’s Good Friday Cup @ Ascot

I’ll wait for an angel, but I won’t hold my breath
‘Magine they’re busy, think I’m doin’ ok…
Spargo
Coach

Has liked: 5698 times
Been liked: 5271 times
Grassroots Team: Sacred Heart OC

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:56 am

Booney wrote:
morell wrote:
Spargo wrote:

Yes, and entered into a xls sheet while you had GoT on in the background.
Try integrating with an API using a published web service and using a series of SQL packages to restructure the data into a relational system. Then perhaps implement a segmentation tool, or a BI platform, to slice and split the data to mine.

By using data smart people can work out a heck of a lot very quickly.

Every time you run Facebook, that data gets put into a database. You liked the Sturt Club page? That's in a database. You made a status about going to the SANFL? That's in a database. You used your phone to navigate to an SANFL game? That's in a database. You used your credit card to buy tickets? That's in a database.

I don't mean to be rude and with as much respect as possible, Spargo, MW, Booney and other safooty.net posters, you've got no idea WTF you're talking about if you think you need to attend a game to work out the demographics of a supporter group. It's an incredibly stupid thing to say, in reality.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:58 am

Spargo wrote:
morell wrote:
Spargo wrote:

You remind me of a modern day Beenreal/kickinit.
And Psybers is my dad or something.

Look, I really don't care what previous posters I remind you of, I don't know who they are, so it's a moot thing to comment on.
morell
Coach

Postby MW » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:59 am

get f..ked mate. I don't care how you describe the demographic of a supporter base. My beef is how you describe Ports "reserves" side like it should be some sort of easy beat.
MW
Coach

Postby bennymacca » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:00 am

you forget to rub one out this morning morell?

sun is shining, birds are singing.
bennymacca
Coach

Has liked: 2253 times
Been liked: 1803 times
Grassroots Team: Freeling

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:00 am

The Bedge wrote:
morell wrote:
Spargo wrote:I love how you know what the SANFL crowd demographic is, yet you never go to a game.

I used to go to SANFL games almost every week as a kid. I can recall Round 1 blockbusters at footy park with Port/Glenelg, I can recall sitting on my uncles shoulders at the Parade to try and gain a glimpse of the game it was so crowded.

I aspired to play SANFL - they were the heroes of the day.. even if AFL was around at that time.

I remember local footy clubs used to sell SANFL Guernseys and merchandise.

SANFL was a big deal, not just for drunk, sad, bitter old men.

They were good days.

And they're dead, because of the myopic and bitter administration and their supporters. Many of whom frequent this forum.

Hence why I agree, it is sad. Very sad.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 am

MW wrote:get f..ked mate. I don't care how you describe the demographic of a supporter base. My beef is how you describe Ports "reserves" side like it should be some sort of easy beat.

It should! It absolutely should be an easy beat.

Ollie Wines, Paddy Ryder and Chad Wingard aren't playing.

Kids and rejects and has beens are.
morell
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:02 am

bennymacca wrote:you forget to rub one out this morning morell?

sun is shining, birds are singing.
I never forget. :lol:

I'm in a great mood, not sure why you think I am not. I love this shit.
morell
Coach

Postby Lightning McQueen » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:04 am

HOGG SHIELD DIVISION V WINNER 2018.
Lightning McQueen
Coach

Has liked: 4365 times
Been liked: 8066 times

Postby MW » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am

morell wrote:
MW wrote:get f..ked mate. I don't care how you describe the demographic of a supporter base. My beef is how you describe Ports "reserves" side like it should be some sort of easy beat.

You re-signed a coach for an additional 3 years on ridiculous coin based on those kids, rejects and has beens.
MW
Coach

Postby The Bedge » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:05 am

morell wrote:

Neade, Howard, Bonner, Marshall, Toumpas, Austin, Summerton, Krakouer, Palmer, YOung, Eddy, Johnson, White, Lobbe, Ah Chee, Gray.

Easy beats? Bloody hell man.
The Bedge
Coach

Postby morell » Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:07 am

MW wrote:
morell wrote:

You re-signed a coach for an additional 3 years on ridiculous coin based on those kids, rejects and has beens.
Yep and it was a poor decision.

Won't get an argument form me there.
morell
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL