Sydney Swans 2014

Talk on the national game

Re: Sydney Swans 2014

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:29 pm

:lol:
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Has liked: 3034 times
Been liked: 2406 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 pm

Daysy is there any chance you could not try and troll in every swan related post :lol: . No bullshit if you think the swans window is closed you sir are an idiot!
If you recall we beat everyone this year. Like I said earlier today one bad game doesn't define us!!! As I said yesterday I am Very confident we'll win one sooner rather then later. We STILL have one of the best lists I the comp. some awesome youngsters coming through. We are in a great postition to have a massive crack in2015
"Fellas, it’s OK to be in pain. It’s OK to hurt. It’s OK to be sad. It’s no longer OK to suffer in silence."
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:02 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Daysy is there any chance you could not try and troll in every swan related post :lol: . No bullshit if you think the swans window is closed you sir are an idiot!
If you recall we beat everyone this year. Like I said earlier today one bad game doesn't define us!!! As I said yesterday I am Very confident we'll win one sooner rather then later. We STILL have one of the best lists I the comp. some awesome youngsters coming through. We are in a great postition to have a massive crack in2015

And you have massive holes in your key defensive positions at some stage the other top teams will get the ball in their F50
Supercoach Spring Racing Champion 2019
Spargo's Good Friday Cup Champion 2020
daysofourlives
Coach

Has liked: 2425 times
Been liked: 1664 times
Grassroots Team: Angaston

Postby woodublieve12 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:41 pm

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:17 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:Here you go days

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/is- ... 14g7x.html

As i said, you are not banned from recruiting, if you decide to recruit it just means COLA is gone. Totally up to you what you want to do.
The ball is in your court, simples
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:39 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:As I said in my post Grand Final thread. They've bitten the hand that feeds. Too smart by half.

regards,

REB

Not at all... Following the rules the AFL set down to us is hardly biting the hand that feeds you. Before you bring up Lance, we freed up plenty of space for him... NOT AGAINST THE RULES!!!! The AFL approved the deal!

It's been driven by Eddie for years and has apparently sooked enough and he's got his way...

As i've stated happy for COLA to go, it will be more special when we win a flag within the next couple of years. Don't sanction us or threaten us when you already are taking it away in 2017 anyways.

To say the only reason the swans are where they are at because of COLA is ignorant and down right stupid!!

Without COLA, no Lance. I didn't say you broke the rules I said you bit the hand that feeds. The AFL wanted Buddy to go to GWS. The Swans got Buddy and the AFL was not happy. So they changed the rules. Your lot mortgaged the Farm to stump little Brother, and shat in your own nest.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Has liked: 1699 times
Been liked: 1819 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:54 pm

That's rubbish!
The afl approved th buddy deal
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby dedja » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:36 pm

I don't think the issue is that the AFL are phasing out the COLA for the Swans.

REB is right in that the Swans were too smart with the Buddy deal. Good on them but the AFL had no choice but to act.

For me the issue is that the AFL haven't given the Swans sufficient notice ... they've effectively slammed the door which means the Swans couldn't plan for the change.

Some may say this is just karma but remember that they played within the rules that the AFL set.
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men
dedja
Coach

Has liked: 207 times
Been liked: 1024 times

Postby RustyCage » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:37 pm

While I think the Swans should lose the extra in the salary cap, and phasing it out is the right thing to do, for the AFL to impose these new rules on them half way through the trade period is wrong.
I'm gonna break my rusty cage and run
RustyCage

Has liked: 1260 times
Been liked: 933 times

Postby Rik E Boy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:57 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:That's rubbish!

This doesn't mean they were doing Cartwheels in AFL House. As you said, not against the rules so it got approved. Subsequent decisions from the administration are telling you what they thought of Sydney snaffling Buddy from a start up Franchise that was created for the same reason that COLA really exists in the first place.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:10 pm

Rik E Boy wrote:

This doesn't mean they were doing Cartwheels in AFL House. As you said, not against the rules so it got approved. Subsequent decisions from the administration are telling you what they thought of Sydney snaffling Buddy from a start up Franchise that was created for the same reason that COLA really exists in the first place.

regards,

REB

Mumford, Bolton, Mather and numerous other players either were moved on or retired which made up plenty of space for buddy!!!!*jesse White too
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby stan » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:31 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

Mumford, Bolton, Mather and numerous other players either were moved on or retired which made up plenty of space for buddy!!!!*jesse White too

Wub, he never said you guys dis anything against the rules. In his opinion he believes you used the rules to your favour but in doing so you have hurt yourselves because from that the cola was in the spot light.

You guys were smart about it, the problem is you were too smart.
Read my reply. It is directed at you because you have double standards
stan
Coach

Has liked: 88 times
Been liked: 1255 times
Grassroots Team: Goodwood Saints

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:46 am

woodublieve12 wrote:
Rik E Boy wrote:

regards,

REB

So you keep saying, but you can either pay 3 blokes $400,000 each per year = $1.2m or you can pay Buddy $1.0m and two others $100k.

The odds of you continually developing late draft picks into quality players diminish over time and in 8 years time when Buddy is hobbling around the F50 with his shoulders held on by Elastoplast we'll all giggle our arses off.

Or funnier still will be you blokes paying him $1m a year to **** around with some magnets on a board and be without that space in your cap.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:06 am

woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Booney » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:14 am

So there should be no problem with removing the COLA then.
PAFC. Forever.

LOOK OUT, WE'RE COMING!
Booney
Coach

Has liked: 7519 times
Been liked: 10818 times

Postby woodublieve12 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:54 am

The biggest problem I have with these new restrictions is it comes after we lose one of our most important players to Free Agency. If the AFL were a serious organisation and not the joke they are, they could say no new players get COLA, or that we can replace lost players. EXAMPLE ONLY.... If we lose J.Kennedy, K.jack, L.Jetta, C.Bird, and S.Reid to free agency this year, we are only allowed to replace them with draft picks. So we are losing our heart and getting 5 draft picks in place... This doesn't make any sense at all. Just very very disappointing.
woodublieve12
Coach

Postby Rik E Boy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:52 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:The biggest problem I have with these new restrictions is it comes after we lose one of our most important players to Free Agency. If the AFL were a serious organisation and not the joke they are, they could say no new players get COLA, or that we can replace lost players. EXAMPLE ONLY.... If we lose J.Kennedy, K.jack, L.Jetta, C.Bird, and S.Reid to free agency this year, we are only allowed to replace them with draft picks. So we are losing our heart and getting 5 draft picks in place... This doesn't make any sense at all. Just very very disappointing.

Get back to us when you lose JPK for pick 21. Yeah he's ahead of Bundy but we've been too **** to feel any sympathy for the Swannies.

regards,

REB
Rik E Boy
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:11 pm

woodublieve12 wrote:The biggest problem I have with these new restrictions is it comes after we lose one of our most important players to Free Agency. If the AFL were a serious organisation and not the joke they are, they could say no new players get COLA, or that we can replace lost players. EXAMPLE ONLY.... If we lose J.Kennedy, K.jack, L.Jetta, C.Bird, and S.Reid to free agency this year, we are only allowed to replace them with draft picks. So we are losing our heart and getting 5 draft picks in place... This doesn't make any sense at all. Just very very disappointing.

Before this "joke" of an organisation came along as u call it, you hadnt won a flag for 72 years and would still be waiting.
You were the spoilt only child in the biggest market for along time, now you have a baby brother that gets all the attention you're throwing a tanty.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby daysofourlives » Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:21 pm

Yeah YOU lost Malceski because of Free Agency but it was only because of the Free Agency decision YOU made last year.
You are the ultimate Supercoach team full of premiums and rookies, the only trouble with that is in the real world the rookies take more than 7 weeks to reach potential. Also in the real world you are only as good as your bottom 6-8 players as we saw in the GF.
daysofourlives
Coach

Postby woodublieve12 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:31 am

Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (28.55 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (30.61 KiB) Viewed 2035 times
woodublieve12
Coach

PreviousNext

Board index   Football  AFL